Photo

10mm 1911 magazine question

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dan10mmman

dan10mmman

• Group:Members*

Posted May. 07 2011 - 05:40 PM

Good afternoon my fellow 10mm enthusiasts. I am trying to find a mag that will run both my Colt and my Dan Wesson 10mm's. The Colt mags feed the rounds to low for the DW. The DW's feed to high in the Colt. Bought a CMC, feeds the colt but not the DW. I like to carry both so one mag that fits both would be my goal.

#2 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Group:Members

Posted May. 07 2011 - 08:14 PM

You might try to use Mec Gar, or Wilson Combat magazines. Look for them here: http://www.topgunsup...1911-magazines/ Tripp Research also sells quality 10mm mags, you can see them here: http://www.tripprese...store_1911.html I hope these will solve your problem Dan. They are a little 'pricey', but you get what you pay for.

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero, May. 07 2011 - 08:16 PM.

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Generosity . . . was my first-mistake.  I leave these people with little-bit extra, and then they hire these men to make trouble.

It shows you, sooner or later, you must answer for every good-deed." - Calvera, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"You better wake-up.  The world your living in is just a sugar-coated topping!  There is another world beneath it - the real world.  And if you

want to survive it, you better learn to pull-the-trigger!" - Blade the Daywalker, 'Blade'

#3 OFFLINE   arkdweller22

arkdweller22

Posted May. 11 2011 - 01:24 PM

Tripp Research also sells quality 10mm mags, you can see them here: http://www.tripprese...store_1911.html I hope these will solve your problem Dan. They are a little 'pricey', but you get what you pay for.

Great advice.
These run all my 10mm 1911's including my CBOB (I don't own a Colt however). Tripp also sells a spring/follower kit that makes all my other mags reliable as well.
I had issues with my DW mags and Mec-Gars, I installed the kits and they all work now.

Good luck.

#4 OFFLINE   remat457

remat457

Posted May. 22 2011 - 03:11 PM

I have a Delta and a CBOB. The CMC 9rounders did not work in my DW either (locked open before final round). DW 9rdrs (CheckMate), MecGar and MTM's have worked fine.

Signature:
NRA Certified Instructor, Glock Certified Armorer
Big Badda Boom - http://firearms.fortreg.com

#5 OFFLINE   pziij

pziij

Posted May. 22 2011 - 04:11 PM

Try the Wilson combat mag's they work great in my DE 10mm never had a problem. :thumbsup:

#6 OFFLINE   hoser

hoser

Posted Dec. 05 2011 - 08:54 PM

Who makes a great FLUSH FITTING mag, preferably stainless, for 1911's?

#7 OFFLINE   davek

davek

Posted Dec. 05 2011 - 11:09 PM

Who makes a great FLUSH FITTING mag, preferably stainless, for 1911's?

Back when I had a DW the Metalform mags I had worked best, CDNN 10mm 1911 mags
The Chip McCormick mag didn't work very well in mine either.

Signature:
"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred" - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

#8 OFFLINE   hoser

hoser

Posted Dec. 05 2011 - 11:10 PM

I'll check them out. Does anyone still make 10 rounders or is 9 the max for flush fitting 10mm mags?

Even if not flush fitting, how do the 9 and 10 rounders function?

Edited by hoser, Dec. 05 2011 - 11:11 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Dec. 06 2011 - 02:02 AM

They have what you want here: http://www.topgunsup...10mm-magazines/

#10 OFFLINE   hoser

hoser

Posted Dec. 06 2011 - 02:18 AM

Check-Mate mags? Never heard of them!

#11 OFFLINE   sqlbullet

sqlbullet

Posted Dec. 06 2011 - 10:27 AM

9 round is all you are going to get flush.

At least in that kind of a 1911. Mine holds 15 rounds in a flush fit magazine, and the ones with a pinky lip hold 17. Love my Para!

#12 OFFLINE   gandog56

gandog56

Posted Jan. 31 2014 - 09:25 AM

I haven't found a 10mm mag yet that doesn't work in both my 1911 10mm (Dan Wesson and Fusion Firearms) I have a few Checkmates, Metalforms, and whatever Fusion is selling.

Signature:

People think I'm paranoid because I have lots of guns. If I have lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center