• Group:Members*

Posted Oct. 22 2012 - 07:59 PM

you can have 2 of the following (not sure if i got them all):

pistol grip
detachable mag
collapsible stock
bayonet lug
flash hider/threaded barrel

but, since almost all AR's have a pistol grip and detachable mag, those are usually the 2 you have in NY.

That's what I thought, thanks!

#102 OFFLINE   IronSnake

IronSnake

Posted Oct. 22 2012 - 07:59 PM

pistol grip
detachable mag
collapsible stock
bayonet lug

but, since almost all AR's have a pistol grip and detachable mag, those are usually the 2 you have in NY.

#103 OFFLINE   defed

defed

• Group:Members

Posted Oct. 22 2012 - 08:02 PM

you can have a 6 position/collapsible stock, but it has to be pinned in a fixed position, same w/ a compensator on the barrel. must be pinned and welded.

#104 OFFLINE   IronSnake

IronSnake

Posted Oct. 22 2012 - 08:26 PM

you can have a 6 position/collapsible stock, but it has to be pinned in a fixed position, same w/ a compensator on the barrel. must be pinned and welded.

Is the pin on the stock removable so you can readjust if you want or a permanent positioning so that it's basically a fixed stock? And to be honest I don't know what the pinned and welded means for the compensator.

#105 OFFLINE   defed

defed

Posted Oct. 22 2012 - 08:38 PM

Is the pin on the stock removable so you can readjust if you want or a permanent positioning so that it's basically a fixed stock? And to be honest I don't know what the pinned and welded means for the compensator.

stock would have to be permanently pinned. it would give you the look of the 6 position, but meet the fixed requirement. i preferred the look of the A2 style anyway, so not a big deal for me, except for the fact that it's banned in the 1st place.

if you have a muzzle break/compensator, it would require a threaded barrel end. that is illegal, as is a flash hider, so the break has to be threaded on, then pinned and welded so it is essentially a part of the barrel so that it is no longer 'threaded'.

of course, these COULD be reversed, which obviously renders the weapon non compliant in NY. when i ordered from del-ton, they would have sent me whatever i wanted. it was up to me to make sure it was compliant. seems to me, every other vendor i've dealt with won't even sell non compliant items to NY, so not sure how del-ton can 'ignore' the laws.

Edited by defed, Oct. 22 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#106 OFFLINE   IronSnake

IronSnake

Posted Oct. 22 2012 - 08:46 PM

stock would have to be permanently pinned. it would give you the look of the 6 position, but meet the fixed requirement. i preferred the look of the A2 style anyway, so not a big deal for me, except for the fact that it's banned in the 1st place.

if you have a muzzle break/compensator, it would require a threaded barrel end. that is illegal, as is a flash hider, so the break has to be threaded on, then pinned and welded so it is essentially a part of the barrel so that it is no longer 'threaded'.

of course, these COULD be reversed, which obviously renders the weapon non compliant in NY. when i ordered from del-ton, they would have sent me whatever i wanted. it was up to me to make sure it was compliant. seems to me, every other vendor i've dealt with won't even sell non compliant items to NY, so not sure how del-ton can 'ignore' the laws.

yeah I just got a Del-ton myself, and I want to make sure it is compliant/ fix what may not be.

#107 OFFLINE   gizzmo0814

gizzmo0814

Posted Dec. 02 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hello from rennselear county

#108 OFFLINE   gizzmo0814

gizzmo0814

Posted Dec. 02 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hello from rennselear county. Im a new member hoping to learn as much as pooosible.

#109 OFFLINE   jstrang8823

jstrang8823

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 08:21 PM

Southern Dutchess county here!

welcome neighbor, and everyone. Southern Dutchess County here. (East Fishkill)

#110 OFFLINE   jstrang8823

jstrang8823

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (defed @ October 22nd 2012 8:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pistol grip
detachable mag
collapsible stock
bayonet lug

not anymore as of April 14th 2013, you only need 1 to be classified as " Assault Weapon " Only in Ny

#111 OFFLINE   jstrang8823

jstrang8823

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 08:28 PM

everybody loves the Colt Pythons!!!

:welcome: new guy(s).

thanks for the welcome

#112 OFFLINE   jstrang8823

jstrang8823

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 08:37 PM

unfortunately, i'm in NY also.

anyone know of a nice entry level (ie less expensive), ny compliant, model for sale online? local shops seem to want alot for them! can find non compliant models, but not sure if they will do anything to them for sale here. i should have mentioned...looking for an AR-15.

thanks.
Dave

i would say a Stag Arms Model 3, cheap for the quality. and imo best basic starter rifle, Limitless Accessories. paid $850 after taxes for mine, put about 3000 rounds through with not 1 jam nor malfunction at all. just my opinion though

#113 OFFLINE   jstrang8823

jstrang8823

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 08:52 PM

i would say a Stag Arms Model 3, cheap for the quality. and imo best basic starter rifle, Limitless Accessories. paid $850 after taxes for mine, put about 3000 rounds through with not 1 jam nor malfunction at all. just my opinion though

sry im so late, by the time you read this most likely ALL "Assault Rifles" including AR-15's will be banned from new york. Impossible to get one now though seeing how every manufacturer is on BackOrder at a minimum of 1 year and alot are 2 years.Assault weapons possessed before the effective date must be registered
within a year
recertified every five years. Owners of grandfathered assault weapons
may only sell out of state or through an in state federal firearms
licensee. Under the legislation, the Bushmaster used in the Newtown,
Connecticut shooting would be illegal.

EFFECTIVE DATE: January 15th, 2013

#114 OFFLINE   defed

defed

Posted Jan. 30 2013 - 11:01 PM

pistol grip
detachable mag
collapsible stock
bayonet lug

not anymore as of April 14th 2013, you only need 1 to be classified as " Assault Weapon " Only in Ny

technically, you can still have 2 of those, as long as one is a detachable mag.  it seems that they changed the definition in the new bill.  the new bill says, a semi auto, w/ detachable mag and one of the following...pistol grip, collapsible stock, bayonet lug, flash hider...but they also added brake/compensators to the ban list.

it also says that the old rule was semi auto, detachable mag, and 2 features...but i don't recall the mag being included in the definition in the old ban, i think it was one of the features.

#115 OFFLINE   thaw

thaw

• Group:New Members

Posted Jan. 21 2016 - 07:51 PM

Hey Guys, Long Islander here. Just picked up a Dark Storm Industries Typhoon model, I equipped it with MBUS pro iron sights and a aimpoint pro. Next addition is a harris bipod.

#116 OFFLINE   Mikeybonez28

Mikeybonez28

Posted Jun. 10 2016 - 01:14 PM

Brooklyn here, center of controversy, tightest regulations in the state except maybe Albany but NYC has the highest crime rate, funny huh?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

#117 OFFLINE   Mgw189

Mgw189

Posted Nov. 29 2016 - 02:05 AM

Broome County here...   just a few miles shy of the Border with PA....  Almost made it lol 

#118 OFFLINE   Gasbar

Gasbar

Posted Mar. 10 2017 - 10:54 PM

WNY here, not too far from PA...where a lot of my family lives, so I can at least keep all my stuff Andy hates there and still play with it.

#119 OFFLINE   abecker2143

abecker2143

Posted Apr. 06 2017 - 06:31 PM

Hey all, andy from upstate close to the lake

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Forum Statistics

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center