Photo

So it begins in Oregon

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Nov. 13 2014 - 05:53 PM

Oregon's first anti-gun ballot measure has been filed.

This bizarre measure called the "Oregon State Integrated Concealed Handgun Carry Act" has been filed by "Ifeanyichukwu Diru" who you may (or may not) recall, actually ran for Governor.

The measure calls for handgun licenses to be limited to one year and all applicants must "submit a mental health report from their physicians as part of conditions to qualify to hold a concealed handgun permit" (sic)

Of course, there is more.

We fully expected the lunatic anti-gun fringe to pull out all the stops thanks to their gains in the legislature and the reelection of Kitzhaber, so this ballot measure should not be a surprise, but it is just a down payment on what's coming down the road. 

Remember, no matter what the freedom haters in the population centers dream up, most counties in Oregon are pro-gun. If their sheriffs and county commissioners refuse to support this kind of lunacy, it's going to be up to a tiny number of State Police to try to enforce this kind of nonsense.  Where do your sheriffs and commissioners stand?

Complete info on the ballot measure here.

Signature:

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.”

–  Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

#2 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Nov. 14 2014 - 01:51 AM

Get a mental health statement from their "physicians".............a little too vague don't you think?         I don't know of a single Dr that I have ever seen that is qualified as a mental health expert. I can only imagine that after it passes a short list of qualified Dr's would be made available.........with never enough hours in a day to see everyone once a year.

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Died, buried, rotted, caved in, back filled, paved over, and forgotten.

#3 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Nov. 14 2014 - 06:15 AM

Washington needs to refuse citizenship to Californians.

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#4 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Nov. 14 2014 - 12:57 PM

More of a citizenship test. Some are all right. But the vast majority.... not so much. I would prefer a large catapult to send some back. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"

- Einstein

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

-Ernest Hemingway

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#5 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Nov. 14 2014 - 01:28 PM

More of a citizenship test. Some are all right. But the vast majority.... not so much. I would prefer a large catapult to send some back. 

Or perhaps just "away" like somewhere out in the ocean.

#6 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Nov. 14 2014 - 01:41 PM

I don't think it's going to get any traction. Oregonians like their guns. Legislators sometimes don't, but for the most part, we're fairly libertarian in this state. 

#7 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

Posted Nov. 14 2014 - 01:59 PM

They aren't the only place that needs to.  Our "Restaurant No Smoking" ban was pushed by a Californian who owned a restaurant here.   His restaurant was smoke free and he needed all the others to be for competitive reasons.  Classic liberal, its good for you and you are too stupid to do it without government so why shouldn't I profit from it. 

#8 OFFLINE   ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South

• Group:New Members

Posted Feb. 07 2015 - 09:45 AM

There used to be a sign on the wash/oregon border, Don't Kalifornicate Oregon, this was durning Gov Tom McCalls time. Wish it was still there. I tell people considering moving into oregon, "Don't bring your troubles here, LEAVE THEM AT HOME," Where i live, they've moved in here, build big fancy homes, which raises taxes. Some of them like to get ''involved'' in the communitie, and there goes the town. They try up change things, to like it was ''back home''. Don't work like that it upsets the system, ties things up, It's funny, they move out of kalifornia to ''escape'' only to bring the changes with them, turning it into a little kalifornia system that failed them back there.

Edited by ARKLITE881South, Feb. 07 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

Posted Feb. 07 2015 - 09:57 AM

There used to be a sign on the wash/oregon border, Don't Kalifornicate Oregon, this was durning Gov Tom McCalls time. Wish it was still there. I tell people considering moving into oregon, "Don't bring your troubles here, LEAVE THEM AT HOME," Where i live, they've moved in here, build big fancy homes, which raises taxes. Some of them like to get ''involved'' in the communitie, and there goes the town. They try up change things, to like it was ''back home''. Don't work like that it upsets the system, ties things up, It's funny, they move out of kalifornia to ''escape'' only to bring the changes with them, turning it into a little kalifornia system that failed them back there.

If Texas isn't careful, it's going to happen there.  Texas is the only state creating jobs, so people are moving there from all over the country, bringing their politics with them.  Tack on all the illegals that are flowing into Texas.  It wouldn't surprise me that Texas is a blue state in 20-30 years.  

Signature:

Lighten up Francis! "

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin FranklinA"

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. 

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  

Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg     

Bossiershreveportmudbuglogo.png

#10 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted Feb. 07 2015 - 05:17 PM

It's not all Californians that do it.  I see it in my area. The city folk move here because it's beautiful and laid back....then they get here and settle in and want sidewalks, lights, roads, restaurants,  and all the crap they left behind.. pretty soon it's the city all over again. I have had more than a few words with these types....they just don't get it.

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center