Photo

Expansion Industries ETR7 for 10mm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yardbird

yardbird

• Group:New Members

Posted May. 29 2015 - 07:37 AM

New guy here and 1st post. I just bought 4# of this powder and there isn't much data on it and none for 10mm. Looking for some mild loads for the 2x-3x fired brass using Berry's 180gr FP bullets. The published 40s&w loads are 4.5 -5 grs, thinking of starting at 5.2 but wonder what max would be on this? Gun is Gen4 G-20.

I've used the ETR7 for 9mm target practice, very clean and groups nicely and plan on using for 38spl & 45acp. I have loaded 180gr Speer Gold Dots using Blue Dot and 800X in new Star Line brass and loving the 10mm.

Thanks for any info and look forward to chatting with everyone!

#2 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted May. 29 2015 - 09:55 AM

Welcome!

I do not have an answer for you but I would e-mail or call the company and ask them. They do not list any data for the ten but should be able to guide you. Also check out the main reloading forum here....lots of good info.

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Died, buried, rotted, caved in, back filled, paved over, and forgotten.

#3 OFFLINE   52hubcap

52hubcap

• Group:Members*

Posted Jun. 02 2015 - 07:55 PM

"New" powder to me. Probably someone's private designation for a surplus lot. According to their website it loads like TiteGroup (by weight). Be careful and let us know how it works.

#4 OFFLINE   dan10mmman

dan10mmman

• Group:Members*

Posted Jul. 18 2015 - 08:51 PM

If you choose to run plated bullets load them @ 40S&W velocities or you may experience jacket seperation/shredding,  I have been there done that.  At the very least check with the bullet manufacturer and ask them if thier bullets will handle the velocity you want to use.

#5 OFFLINE   gandog56

gandog56

• Group:Members

Posted Jun. 20 2016 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, when it forst came out I ended up using it only for 9mm and .40 cal loads since there were like zero recipes for any other calibers. When I finish the jug I don't think I will get any more unless that changes.

Signature:

People think I'm paranoid because I have lots of guns. If I have lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center