Photo

Gun rights, Laws, and FFL

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   walmic679

walmic679

• Group:New Members

Posted Aug. 21 2015 - 10:20 PM

Hey guys, don't you think its kinda funny how a felon can legally go online, order EVERYTHING that is needed, and sit at home and build a full auto AR15??  Don't need a FFL, nor a background check to purchase an 80% lower, let alone the jig set. A M16 full auto milling jig, or mini jig can be purchased without licenses also. And then the hammer, disconnect, the actual sear, everything can be ordered  just as easy at Brownells.com.....now i know that since the lower is 80% that that technically is not a functional receiver, therefore is not illegal for ANYONE to own, but the fact that anyone who does buy a 80% lower is most likely buying it to convert full auto with out it being registered. And just because the full auto trigger group ins't purchased installed into a receiver, that there is no stipulations on the parts either. It's illegal to have a full auto weapon with no license, let alone a felon to own any fire arm, but can buy what it takes with a simple credit card???

Edited by walmic679, Aug. 21 2015 - 10:21 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   Belt Fed

Belt Fed

From my cold dead hands.

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Aug. 21 2015 - 10:27 PM

If a felon wants a gun, he can buy it on the street a whole lot cheaper than on the net. Also  felons are not going to take the time to build an 80% lower. Why should they when they can buy whole guns from their buds and they are most likely stolen. If a felon has possession of a gun, you know it was purchased illegally. so why order from the net where you still leave a trace of ordering the parts. Buy it from the streets and have no trace. I can go now and purchase stolen weapons for cheap if I wanted a gun that wasn't registered to me. They can too. easy.

#3 ONLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff

Posted Aug. 21 2015 - 10:27 PM

Nor sure where you are getting your information from. Lots of guys here do 80% lowers and dont break any laws. You also dont need a license to own a FA just have to have a tax stamp. And it does not matter if you have a FA trigger installed or not a lower that is unregisterd that will accept it is still a crime.

Signature:
Posted Image

DUSTOFF IS “REQUEST PRESENT POSITION DEPARTURE FOR URGENT 9-LINE”

If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me! -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Belt Fed

Belt Fed

From my cold dead hands.

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Aug. 21 2015 - 10:29 PM

Also welcome to the site. but how many crimes have been commited in the U.S. with full auto weapons. not many.

#5 ONLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Aug. 21 2015 - 10:38 PM

And how many crimes are committed with 80% firearms that are completed by the criminal? My guess is that it has never happened. Why do I say that?

Because as sure as God makes little green apples, if it had ever happened once it would have been splashed in the media as "Criminal makes homemade machine gun from parts purchased online!!!"

I have never seen that headline, therefor it has never happened.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

I mean if you are going to go potato go full potato.

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#6 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Aug. 21 2015 - 11:24 PM

Most criminals don't take the time to make something like this.

They'll simply steal or purchase a stolen gun on the black market.

Way easier and cheaper than going to all this trouble.

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#7 ONLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Aug. 21 2015 - 11:44 PM

Brownells will not sell you the fa parts unless you provide them a copy of your approved form 4 or and FFL with SOT tax paid. You can still add them to your cart but will not ship or charge your card until they verify info.

Edited by hzhardy, Aug. 21 2015 - 11:53 PM.

• mattd65636 likes this

Signature:
Ill have those n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years. Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

#8 ONLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Aug. 22 2015 - 12:02 AM

While many vendors do as brownells does when it comes to those parts some do not. There is no magical wall that stop people from doing illegal shat, hell even if they outlawed 80% lowers i could still build one out of a 0% percent lower (chunk of billet) on a mill. What do you suggest, the big bad gov ban all milling machines because I can make illegal stuff? Hell the hardware store better stop selling pipes, nails, and ball bearings because someone could make a pipe bomb with out paying a 200 tax stamp to the NFA for a DD... You can ban/regulate the world into a safe place. The law is written on paper is meaningless if some weighs their actions worth the consequences

Edited by hzhardy, Aug. 22 2015 - 12:05 AM.

#9 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Aug. 22 2015 - 02:08 AM

Hey guys, don't you think its kinda funny how a felon can legally go online, order EVERYTHING that is needed, and sit at home and build a full auto AR15??  Don't need a FFL, nor a background check to purchase an 80% lower, let alone the jig set. A M16 full auto milling jig, or mini jig can be purchased without licenses also. And then the hammer, disconnect, the actual sear, everything can be ordered  just as easy at Brownells.com.....now i know that since the lower is 80% that that technically is not a functional receiver, therefore is not illegal for ANYONE to own, but the fact that anyone who does buy a 80% lower is most likely buying it to convert full auto with out it being registered. And just because the full auto trigger group ins't purchased installed into a receiver, that there is no stipulations on the parts either. It's illegal to have a full auto weapon with no license, let alone a felon to own any fire arm, but can buy what it takes with a simple credit card???

I think it's kinda funny that a convicted felon can go to a feed store and buy ammonium nitrate fertilizer, and a gas station to buy diesel fuel. I think it's kinda funny that a mentally deranged individual can go to a gas station, buy 25 gallons of unleaded gasoline and a lighter. I think it's kinda funny that anyone 18 or older can buy knives or bows and arrows. I think it's kinda funny that anyone with a copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook can destroy the lives of loggers, miners, or any number of careers. I think it's kinda funny that a 16 year old kid can drive a car into a crowd. All of these can kill or maim as many or more people than a firearm, and are used to do so more often than fully automatic firearms are. 

But most of all, I think it's kinda funny that someone registers on a gun site and tries to make a point that the Sarah Brady's of the world keep trying to say is an issue. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"

- Einstein

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

-Ernest Hemingway

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#10 OFFLINE   The Hobbit

The Hobbit

• Group:Members

Posted Aug. 22 2015 - 05:58 AM

I see where you're coming from, and yes, the laws don't do anything to prevent criminals from getting whatever they want, but you got a few things backwards. First of all, no one is converting 80% lowers into M16s. People just like them because, well, it can be done. It's just the satisfaction of doing it yourself. And some people do like the idea that the lower basically doesn't exist. They see it as a form of activism to counter the ATF's agenda to construct an illegal de facto gun registry.

On FA parts, I have never seen a company that sells FA parts without seeing proof that you have a legally registered machinegun or that you are licensed to build them. They may be out there, I don't know. I've never tried to illegally buy those parts before, but I think it would be difficult. Those parts are much more tightly controlled than you think. Also, don't go getting any ideas that you can just have them lying around. Even if you have a legal machinegun, it's unwise to have any spare parts lying around. Simply having the parts can be considered constructive intent. You're basically allowed to have one set of parts for each registered receiver. Even so much as an FA hammer could get you in trouble. That's the nature of constructive intent; it's almost a blank check that can go as far as the ATF wants to take it.

Signature:

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."    

-Jesus of Nazareth

#11 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Aug. 22 2015 - 09:59 AM

I think it's kinda funny that a convicted felon can go to a feed store and buy ammonium nitrate fertilizer, and a gas station to buy diesel fuel. I think it's kinda funny that a mentally deranged individual can go to a gas station, buy 25 gallons of unleaded gasoline and a lighter. I think it's kinda funny that anyone 18 or older can buy knives or bows and arrows. I think it's kinda funny that anyone with a copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook can destroy the lives of loggers, miners, or any number of careers. I think it's kinda funny that a 16 year old kid can drive a car into a crowd. All of these can kill or maim as many or more people than a firearm, and are used to do so more often than fully automatic firearms are. 

But most of all, I think it's kinda funny that someone registers on a gun site and tries to make a point that the Sarah Brady's of the world keep trying to say is an issue. 

Kinda funny indeed.

What's the definition of a troll again??

#12 OFFLINE   The Hobbit

The Hobbit

• Group:Members

Posted Aug. 22 2015 - 12:07 PM

I thought he was questioning the validity of the NFA, not suggesting that we need to ban 80% lowers. At least I hope that's what he meant.

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center