Gonna be weekend of hunting hard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff

Posted Sep. 29 2015 - 10:35 PM

Just checked teh weather and the lows will be mid 40s and highes upper 60s. Should make for some great bow hunting. Gonna pack the truck up and run from Friday afternnon until Monday about mid day. Not even planning to come home unless I get like 3 deer in the truck. Gonna take the big cooler that will have enough room to pack 3 in it and I'll skin and quater them in place.

The only problem now is I need a place. I could go to my regular hunting area but it is not really that great for bow hunting. I have a couple of friends that have some property that we may make it a group trip. If all else fails I may just head up to LBL for the weekend. It has been too long since I have done any camping anyway.

Signature:
Posted Image

DUSTOFF IS “REQUEST PRESENT POSITION DEPARTURE FOR URGENT 9-LINE”

If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me! -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Group:Members

Posted Sep. 30 2015 - 06:52 AM

It's been a few years since I was at LBL. The last time I was there a buddy and me was squirrel hunting. Of course we saw a bunch of deer.

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#3 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Sep. 30 2015 - 07:03 AM

Good hunting, Red !!

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#4 ONLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Sep. 30 2015 - 09:44 PM

I used to hunt, get excited for opening day. Damn kids and work!

Good luck, better have pictures Monday, even if it is just of the squirrels.

I must admit, I used to shoot squirrels with my bow on occasion. Keeps you sharp and beyond 50 or 60 yards deer don't even notice, unless of course you zing an arrow off a rock or a tree and it goes rattling down through the woods.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

I mean if you are going to go potato go full potato.

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#5 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff

Posted Sep. 30 2015 - 09:56 PM

Well it looks like the camping thing is going to fall through but it is still going to be a hard weekend of hunting. Leaving tghe houes before dawn and getting back after dark. I'll be coming out of the woods to make some ramen and maybe take a little nap and headed back out in the afternoons. The goal is to put meat in the freezer.

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center