Photo

Remington 700 in 6.5 Creedmore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   NugginFutz

NugginFutz

• Group:Members*

Posted Sep. 10 2016 - 09:28 PM

Forgive me, if this is posted elsewhere. My Google-Fu is apparently weakening.  

I'm preparing to rebarrel a 22-250 as a BHW 6.5 Creedmore. If I recall correctly, the 250 is the parent case of the 6.5 Creedmore, and so the action should be compatible. The question is (Greg), how does the BHW barrel nut affect the stock / inletting of the existing rifle?  This is a laminated thumbhole stock which I don't want to tear up.  What kind of modifications would be required?

The existing barrel is a varmint profile, and I would likely go with the same profile with the 6.5. 

Finally, once the original barrel is removed, will a gun smith be required to install the new barrel, or is a switch barrel configuration a viability? (Sorry if this is too obfuscated).

Edited by NugginFutz, Sep. 10 2016 - 09:30 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   GLShooter

GLShooter

• Group:Armory Staff

Posted Sep. 10 2016 - 09:50 PM

You will have to open it up where the nut is but it is a very minor job. Ritch has done a couple and says even I could do it and that speaks volumes for the simplicity of the operation.

You will now have a true switch barrel no smith needed. Just a vice, a wrench and a go gauge or fired case.

Greg

Oh, and yes the actions are perfectly compatible.

Signature:
The best gun for self defense? Any loaded one will do.

#3 OFFLINE   R Johnson

R Johnson

• Group:BHW Staff

Posted Sep. 11 2016 - 07:44 AM

I would also consider buying the fixture to alien the recoil lug. Some try and use witness marks on the lug and receiver. This method is an exercise in patience. Another option would be to have your gunsmith pin the receiver and drill the recoil lug.
Either way you go, replace the OEM recoil lug with an aftermarket .250 lug. You will thank me later.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center