Photo

Ruger SR1911 10mm

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   gmor

gmor

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Mar. 10 2018 - 06:40 PM

I just bought a Ruger SR1911 from Bud's Guns for $780 out the door (+$27 transfer). It is my 5th 10mm, Glock G20 and G29, S&W 1006 and 1076.

Edited by gmor, Mar. 10 2018 - 06:45 PM.

• Zephyr One/Zero likes this

#22 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Mar. 11 2018 - 12:41 AM

sweet!

Are you sure can handle that recoil?   :lol:

Edited by gshayd, Mar. 11 2018 - 12:42 AM.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#23 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Mar. 11 2018 - 01:36 PM

I picked up one about two weeks ago and really like it, it is easier shooting than my Delta Elite, I'm sure it is because of the 'bull barrel'. I had a couple of bobbles in the first two mags through the gun but it has been 100% since then for several hundred rounds. What I attributed to a mag problem may well have been a 'new gun break in' problem. I like the wooden double diamond grips better.

wlfSF4nl.jpgd7gJgjgl.jpg

VNhL6Qfl.jpglScajrMl.jpg

These two targets were fired standing at twenty yards as I didn't have a bench. Nine rounds at one target and eight rounds at the other.

ozV0CQQl.jpgLnS2vHDl.jpg

Steve..........

Congratulations on a fine pistol and welcome to the Board !

I am with you on the wooden grips, but with full house 10 mm, I guess the bottom

line is which grips do you shoot best with ?

John

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#24 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Mar. 11 2018 - 01:42 PM

I was surprised to read in the article that Lon linked to that Ruger was using the same recoil spring

as their .45 ACP  pistols...

#25 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Group:Members

Posted Mar. 14 2018 - 10:56 PM

I just bought a Ruger SR1911 from Bud's Guns for $780 out the door (+$27 transfer). It is my 5th 10mm, Glock G20 and G29, S&W 1006 and 1076.

The S&W 10xx-series autos were built-like tanks.  

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"I am Mamuwalde, an African prince!  I'm sorry, I don't have any bread on me, as for 'kicking-my-ass' I strongly suggest

you give-it careful consideration before trying." - Blacula/Mamuwalde, 'Scream Blacula Scream'

"You better wake-up.  The world your living in is just a sugar-coated topping!  There is another world beneath it - the real world.  And if you

want to survive it, you better learn to pull-the-trigger!" - Blade the Daywalker, 'Blade'

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center