Photo

Kimbers new 1911 10mm, both of them.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   UMDCornholio

UMDCornholio

• Group:Members

Posted Jul. 29 2017 - 08:45 PM

I had been considering getting a 1911 in 10mm.  It was between a Kimber Eclipse or a DW Bruin.  I ended up getting a 6" barrel for my Witness Elite Match and a 460 Rowland kit for my Kimber Custom II.  Handling that Eclipse, it seems Kimber has really upped their fit/finish game compared to my Custom II.  Far less slop between frame and slide.  Not as tight as my V-Bob, but very nice.

Signature:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Benjamin Franklin quoting Cesare Beccaria

#22 ONLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Jul. 30 2017 - 01:44 PM

Yep, the 460 Rowland is a badass cartridge!  Anyone looking for a high-end production 1911, should look seriously at the Kimber or Dan Wesson.  The new Pointman PM-38 is awesome, alone with the Guardian in .38 Super!

Dan-Wesson-Pointman-38-Stainless-900x600

Dan-Wesson-Guardian-38-super-black-bobta

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero, Jul. 30 2017 - 01:55 PM.

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Years ago, my mother used to say to me, 'In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart . . . I recommend pleasant.  You may quote me." - Elwood P. Dowd, 'Harvey'

#23 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Jul. 30 2017 - 01:49 PM

My favorite shooting 1911 is my DW Valor. You would be frickin amazed at how accurate and sweet this pistol is. The trigger is incredible.

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#24 ONLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Jul. 30 2017 - 01:58 PM

Yep, Devil.  The proof is in the pudding.  You get what you pay for with the Dan Wesson's.  I've looked at a lot of reviews on their .357 revolver,  imagine if they made one in a 10mm?  People would be scarfing-them up, big-time!  My Razorback is definitely top-grade, and super accurate too!  

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero, Jul. 30 2017 - 02:00 PM.

#25 ONLINE   UMDCornholio

UMDCornholio

Posted Aug. 01 2017 - 01:03 AM

DW's V-bob makes me disappointed in all my other handguns.  Seriously, even with a PPQ + Apex trigger: meh.  I want one of their 10mm's so bad, it hurts.  I will say, however, that shooting 45ACP through a 460 Rowland conversion is just about there as far as recoil goes.

#26 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Aug. 01 2017 - 01:22 AM

This is my (now my wifes) 10mm eclipse, and it shoots the heavy stuff just fine, though the recoil is a bit stiff.  I am sure these new ones will work just fine.  

4525238718_aae92bd9e8_b.jpg

I also like shooting my sig 1911 tacops in 10mm that I just got, which I got to add to the collection after my wife claimed this Kimber has hers.  

I no longer own a 1911 in .45 though, and it doesn't bother me at all.  I would much rather shoot the atomic centimeter than the .45 

That is one sexy pistol, my friend, I don't care if it is .45 or 10mm.

It exudes "class" .

Your wife is a lucky woman. (but then we knew that) 

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#27 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Aug. 31 2017 - 05:05 PM

http://www.kimberame...om/super-jagare
This is their new Super Jagare 6" hunter/target 1911 with a Delta point pro sight. This sucker is nice. For the money it should be but 6" custom shooters don't come cheap.

This is their new 5" Camp Guard 10. This one is pretty slick also.
http://www.kimberame....com/camp-guard

Every 1911 I own is in 45acp and I own a few Kimbers. My normal carry is a Kimber CDP. But reading everything y'all have posted about the 10mm has got me thinking that maybe it's about time to sip the Kool Aid.
Yes I know you can buy cheaper 10mm but that's just not me, I like what I like I guess.

Holy Crap! Are those pretty.

I have a Kimber Eclipse Pro II in .45 already.

Tj

#28 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

Posted Aug. 31 2017 - 05:11 PM

Holy Crap! Are those pretty.

I have a Kimber Eclipse Pro II in .45 already.

Tj

Yeah but these are in 10mm. That long slide would be great in the woods.

#29 ONLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Sep. 01 2017 - 09:10 PM

The Kimber 'Camp Guard' c-bob was reviewed, back in July; in American Hunter magazine:

https://www.american...amp-guard-10mm/

camp_guard_review_f.jpg?preset=article

DSC_0532-660x438.jpg

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero, Sep. 01 2017 - 09:13 PM.

#30 ONLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Sep. 01 2017 - 09:16 PM

That Kimber Super Jagare is awesome looking:

kimbersuperjagare.jpg?itok=3N1Tc8gZ

#31 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Sep. 01 2017 - 11:46 PM

That Kimber Super Jagare is awesome looking:

kimbersuperjagare.jpg?itok=3N1Tc8gZ

I just don't get that sexy feeling from a 1911 with a red dot....

Leave them for the blocky polymer guns....

Just personal preference. 

I was reading about the extra training time with red dots the Military is running into.

Takes more time for folks to get used to that dot jumping around under recoil they say. 

I'd like to see folks who use them on their pistols start another thread about it.

It is something I hadn't considered.

But I am not trying to train a bunch of people, either.

#32 ONLINE   gmor

gmor

Posted Sep. 29 2017 - 10:27 PM

I didn't even know 10's existed until I joined here.  They are great. You should definitely get one tonight.

Looking for 10mm on the internet is how I found the Armory.

#33 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Sep. 30 2017 - 07:10 AM

Saw a Rock Island 10mm yesterday.  Man was that a pretty gun.  Surprised me and I came that close to pulling the pin on one.  It had an integral rail and was quite large, very nice workmanship. 

#34 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

Posted Oct. 12 2017 - 12:59 AM

I had a Kimber once thing was just to dayum heavy...sold it.

The Jagare has no dayum iron sights...you think for that much money they would have put some on the gun.

Edited by gshayd, Oct. 12 2017 - 01:01 AM.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center