AR15Armory Announcements

Photo

Distributor swap to electronic

26 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Oct. 09 2017 - 03:27 PM

I can't believe it ran at all with two cracks in the distributor cap.  

Sounds like you have it running rally good Towtruck.  Bet it's a lot of fun to drive.  

The previous owner replaced the points and because the cap has a window in it I never needed to take it off to adjust the points. When I did remove it, and the wires, I noticed it was pretty grungy and was split up both sides. I too wonder why it even ran but it explains why it would cut out when I was under a heavy load with the new Pertronics installed. Once the cap was replaced it quit doing that. It never gave me any trouble when running the old point system though. I'm sure driving in the rain would have revealed an issue.

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

In the words of my grandfather...
"Beauty is only skin deep- ugly goes clear to the bone!"
"You can't fix stupid"
"Sometimes fishing is better than catching"
"There is no sense being stupid unless you show it"
"Guns and fishing poles----you can never have enough!"
"When it comes to your wife and buying more guns it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!"
"If you fly it, float it, or ***k it, RENT it!"

#22 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted Oct. 09 2017 - 07:37 PM

Went on a drive to the river with the wife and the dog......all went well. I love this time of year, the weather is nice.

ptALnBv.jpg?1

#23 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Oct. 10 2017 - 01:38 AM

Went on a drive to the river with the wife and the dog......all went well. I love this time of year, the weather is nice.

ptALnBv.jpg?1

Awesome picture!

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#24 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Oct. 10 2017 - 04:27 AM

ptALnBv.jpg?1

That kind of drive is why I have a Jeep. Not for mud whomping, not for rock crawling, just for relaxing and enjoying getting someplace cool, off the beaten path. Yeah, I could beat the snot out of my Jeep and bounce over boulders, and dive into mud holes and come out the other side with engine screaming and mud flying, but I had more than enough of that crap when I was in my teens. It's hard on the equipment, hard on the body digging and winching out when you inevitably get stuck, and hard on the land, as you leave craters wherever you stick it. I enjoy turning wrenches on my Jeep because it's better when I'm done than when I started, and I have a sense of pride and accomplishment. When I break something off roading, it irritates me. If I'd broken it because I was flogging the thing, I'd be beyond irritated, and nearing pissed off. I've broken bits of my Jeep by trying to flog it and make it do something the hard way, instead of the smart way. 

Guys who're hard on equipment just to be hard on it just boggle my mind. Reminds me of a song....

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"
- Einstein

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#25 OFFLINE   alpo

alpo

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Oct. 10 2017 - 05:36 AM

Glad it is running real good.  You can't beat and electronic ignition over the old points.

Signature:

NRA LIFE MEMBER

gallery_135_65_1073.jpg

#26 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted Oct. 10 2017 - 09:57 AM

Guys who're hard on equipment just to be hard on it just boggle my mind. Reminds me of a song....

I had never seen that video before......I will have to say that I used to do quite a bit of finish work with a chain saw   :bellylaf:

#27 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Oct. 12 2017 - 08:58 PM

Done it for the past 30 + years. I always used Jacobs. And those small transistorized ignition modules for old mowers and such are just as good (in mowers and such).

Reply to this topic

Forum Statistics

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center