AR15Armory Announcements

Photo

Any of you guys do project cars/rebuilds?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Oct. 17 2017 - 02:57 PM

One thing fun about my ten years in the Show Car circuit wasn't "Oh wow, nice car".  Hell, I get that with the vehicles I drive everyday even today.  Its the talking to the other guys and just like this thread, the stories of what they went through.  Its all about the building it.  

Wait......you actually talked to people at a car show that built their car?  :ROFLLMAO:

I got so tired of talking to a guy (all of them) about his car and it went like this.....

Him...nice car, what engine is that?

Me....thank you, it's a stock Model A.

Him....oh, you know there is a guy that builds those up and really makes them run.

Me....yes, and I get my cores from him when he blows them up. I put them back to stock.

Him....who did your paint?

Me.... I did it myself. It was a pile of rusted sheet metal when I got it.

Him....so and so over there does great paint.

Me.....yeah, I know but he charges a lot.

Him....you know that piece right there is not supposed to be chrome.

Me ....yes, I know but it looks better.

Him.... come see my car.

Me ...okay

Him...here it is, I built this car.

Me.....nice, did you build the engine and what did you put in it?

Him, thanks, but no I had so and so build it.

Me....the paint and body work look pretty good, how bad was the sheet metal before you started?

Him...., oh the car was in pretty good shape so I had that guy paint it for me.

Me....What rear end do you have in the car and who built the ladder bars?

Him....they were in the car when I bought it.

Me.....how long have you owned it and how far have you driven it?

Him.....I have had it four years and have about 400 miles on it.

Me.....It looks clean.

Him....Yeah I wax it once a week and spend about five hows detailing it before a show.

Me....Nice, I drive mine every day to work and wiped it off before driving it here....I really need to change the oil as I have 5k on this oil change.

Him....oh, I would never drive mine like that, It's a show car.

Me....oh, excuse me I have to go pick up my first place trophy...nice talking to you.

One out of every 200 people at or attending a car show is worth talking to in my book......I grew to hate them. Don't get me wrong, I love the cars and don't care that you own one and just wash and wax it. I'm just different...as a non builder I just don't get the attraction of owning a car that you know nothing about other than how long it takes to wax it.

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

In the words of my grandfather...
"Beauty is only skin deep- ugly goes clear to the bone!"
"You can't fix stupid"
"Sometimes fishing is better than catching"
"There is no sense being stupid unless you show it"
"Guns and fishing poles----you can never have enough!"
"When it comes to your wife and buying more guns it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!"
"If you fly it, float it, or ***k it, RENT it!"

#22 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Oct. 17 2017 - 04:04 PM

Wait......you actually talked to people at a car show that built their car?  :ROFLLMAO:
I got so tired of talking to a guy (all of them) about his car and it went like this.....
Him...nice car, what engine is that?
Me....thank you, it's a stock Model A.
Him....oh, you know there is a guy that builds those up and really makes them run.
Me....yes, and I get my cores from him when he blows them up. I put them back to stock.
Him....who did your paint?
Me.... I did it myself. It was a pile of rusted sheet metal when I got it.
Him....so and so over there does great paint.
Me.....yeah, I know but he charges a lot.
Him....you know that piece right there is not supposed to be chrome.
Me ....yes, I know but it looks better.
Him.... come see my car.
Me ...okay
Him...here it is, I built this car.
Me.....nice, did you build the engine and what did you put in it?
Him, thanks, but no I had so and so build it.
Me....the paint and body work look pretty good, how bad was the sheet metal before you started?
Him...., oh the car was in pretty good shape so I had that guy paint it for me.
Me....What rear end do you have in the car and who built the ladder bars?
Him....they were in the car when I bought it.
Me.....how long have you owned it and how far have you driven it?
Him.....I have had it four years and have about 400 miles on it.
Me.....It looks clean.
Him....Yeah I wax it once a week and spend about five hows detailing it before a show.
Me....Nice, I drive mine every day to work and wiped it off before driving it here....I really need to change the oil as I have 5k on this oil change.
Him....oh, I would never drive mine like that, It's a show car.
Me....oh, excuse me I have to go pick up my first place trophy...nice talking to you.

One out of every 200 people at or attending a car show is worth talking to in my book......I grew to hate them. Don't get me wrong, I love the cars and don't care that you own one and just wash and wax it. I'm just different...as a non builder I just don't get the attraction of owning a car that you know nothing about other than how long it takes to wax it.

What good is building a car, truck, jeep, motorcycle, gun, furniture, etc and never use it. I work everything I own as I see fit. I try my best not to put them up to wet but it happens more often than not. I'm with you sir, too much time and money invested not to use them, IMO.

Edited by devil duck, Oct. 17 2017 - 04:04 PM.

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center