Photo

Beretta 92F

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

• Group:Members

Posted Oct. 11 2017 - 04:12 PM

Got an emailing from Classic for NRA good/very good Beretta 92F 9mm with 1 mag for $299.99.  Good price?  It would be my only 9mm as I like the thump of a .45 better.  I always like the Beretta tho, my bud has a Taurus 92F which aparently is basically the same weapon and I like his.

What says the Forum gurus?

#2 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff

Posted Oct. 11 2017 - 04:14 PM

I am not a big fan of the M9 but for that price I’d jump on it.

Signature:
Posted Image

DUSTOFF IS “REQUEST PRESENT POSITION DEPARTURE FOR URGENT 9-LINE”

If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me! -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Medic07

Medic07

Posted Oct. 11 2017 - 04:55 PM

I know Beretta has alot of haters, but they are fun to plink with. I really enjoy plinking with my M9. That price sounds GTG...I'd get it, especially if it hasn't been beaten up or doesn't have 25K rounds through the pipe.

Enjoy!

#4 ONLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Grumpy Old Women

Posted Oct. 11 2017 - 05:00 PM

Rampy loved the M9, it's saved his ass a few times and it's a very very dependable handgun, but it's HUGE, play with one before buying to see how it fits your paws......

Signature:
In the end we're all just chalk lines on concrete only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that I'm not.

#5 ONLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Oct. 11 2017 - 05:02 PM

That is a good price. Actually it is about what I would pay for them buying them in bulk to resell. I would sell them for $399 which is $200 off retail for a new one and sell all of them.

One of my guys will buy them and then cerakote them himself and they look brand new and shoot just fine. 

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#6 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Oct. 11 2017 - 05:16 PM

I'd jump on it if I had a use for a Beretta. I actually like the guns, they're a decent piece. Not bad for a service sized pistol. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"
- Einstein

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#7 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

Posted Oct. 12 2017 - 03:54 AM

Yeah the 92 is a big firearm and I do like the way it fits in my hand.  At this price even well used but functional would be a good price methinks.  Theres another gun show here this weekend, I think I will go and see about other deals first and if I dont spend my discretionary income, I will probly grab one of these.

For $20 more I can get a hand select out of ten.  That may be worth it as well.

#8 ONLINE   gmor

gmor

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Oct. 12 2017 - 04:07 PM

They have new ones at PSA for $450.

#9 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

Posted Oct. 14 2017 - 05:47 AM

They have new ones at PSA for $450.

Yeah I saw that too.  Those are 92FS which I have heard are not the gun the F model is.  I do not know if this is true or what the differences are.  The old Taurus my bud has is supposed to be a duplicate of the original Beretta until they were forced to cease patent infringement production.  I would love to buy his but he will be buried with it.  I have watched him over the years shoot some impressive groups.  You dont see these guns on the market as much as the used Beretta.  When the emailing hit my box it made me think about picking one up at a good price.

#10 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Oct. 14 2017 - 05:51 AM

Yeah I saw that too.  Those are 92FS which I have heard are not the gun the F model is.  I do not know if this is true or what the differences are.  The old Taurus my bud has is supposed to be a duplicate of the original Beretta until they were forced to cease patent infringement production.  I would love to buy his but he will be buried with it.  I have watched him over the years shoot some impressive groups.  You dont see these guns on the market as much as the used Beretta.  When the emailing hit my box it made me think about picking one up at a good price.

I had a co-worker years ago that shot a Taurus clone of the 92. That gun was the only good Taurus I've ever seen. He could shoot into one ragged hole at 25 yards, seemingly without effort. Then one day he dropped it, and broke off the integrated front sight. He sent it back to Taurus, and IIRC, they sent it back with a new slide, and then stupid thing wouldn't shoot into 12" at 25 yards after that. He was beyond disgusted. 

#11 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Oct. 16 2017 - 03:18 PM

One of, if not THE most reliable pistol I've ever owned.

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#12 ONLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Grumpy Old Women

Posted Oct. 16 2017 - 03:49 PM

Yep.....

Take a magazine, line it up outside the handgun, upside down...like how it fits in the pistol grip mag well.

You can shoot it semi auto holding a mag in your off hand upside down and the gun i your strong hand without a loaded mag in the pistol grip....

It was designed to do this, but not many people know it.....

One of, if not THE most reliable pistol I've ever owned.

#13 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Oct. 16 2017 - 03:52 PM

Yep.....

Take a magazine, line it up outside the handgun, upside down...like how it fits in the pistol grip mag well.

You can shoot it semi auto holding a mag in your off hand upside down and the gun i your strong hand without a loaded mag in the pistol grip....

It was designed to do this, but not many people know it.....

I'll keep that in mind if my magwell ever gets crushed. :laugh:

#14 ONLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Grumpy Old Women

Posted Oct. 16 2017 - 05:31 PM

Don't remember the story behind it, but it was one of those that make ya scratch your head and wonder why......

Just like when the USAF got the M9's, we had em almost 6 months before issuing, armory and catm qualified on em, shot em, learned em and started to carry em. We were shooting a ammo can of 9mm a day just learning em and developing shooting skills/ the course of fire, running each other thru the course of fire...for almost a month.

Anywhoo, was walking into the CATM range building with 3-12 packs of Bud about 14:30 on a Friday as we would sit around and drink after the last class.....saw the 4 star generals car sitting at the door on the sidewalk, turned around and went home with the beer....

Turned out they had just had the 1st AD/ND in the USAF with the brand spanking new M9 and it had to be at SAC HQ.....smartest ting I ever did was to take the beer home and drink it...... :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3:

I'll keep that in mind if my magwell ever gets crushed. :laugh:

#15 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

Posted Oct. 17 2017 - 03:46 AM

Don't remember the story behind it, but it was one of those that make ya scratch your head and wonder why......

Just like when the USAF got the M9's, we had em almost 6 months before issuing, armory and catm qualified on em, shot em, learned em and started to carry em. We were shooting a ammo can of 9mm a day just learning em and developing shooting skills/ the course of fire, running each other thru the course of fire...for almost a month.

Anywhoo, was walking into the CATM range building with 3-12 packs of Bud about 14:30 on a Friday as we would sit around and drink after the last class.....saw the 4 star generals car sitting at the door on the sidewalk, turned around and went home with the beer....

Turned out they had just had the 1st AD/ND in the USAF with the brand spanking new M9 and it had to be at SAC HQ.....smartest ting I ever did was to take the beer home and drink it...... :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center