Photo

Rise Armanment RA 140 SST $81.95

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

• Group:Members

Posted Nov. 24 2017 - 09:22 AM

A lot of praises for this drop in FCG and I dont remember seeing it cheaper so I thought I would link yall into it.  Delta is good to deal with, quick shipping although I did have one bobble on a part advertised as in stock but was not.  It was delayed about a week so I guess they got a little ahead of their supplier. No biggee to me as it wasnt the last part I needed for the build anyway.

https://www.deltatea...out_p_4657.html

I also bought the anti walk pins available.  If they are the same ones paired with the "no name" 3# drop in trigger, they are nice with long threads to keep them secure.

Delta's "no name" FCG is sweet as well.  I put one of them in my DMR style 20" rifle.  They are on sale as well for $3 more.  The only down side if you can call it that is this FCG does not have set screws to allow for variance in lower receivers.  Pretty sweet, zero take up and smooth instant release with a quick reset.

https://www.deltatea...ack_p_4779.html

Free shipping on orders over $120 so grab a couple of more things to take advantage of the savings.  They suck me in on it every time!  They do have a nice ambi charge handle for $20.

One more good deal is the Fail Zero NiB BCG is on sale for $115.95.  I just bought one of these about a month ago for about two bucks more so they are about this same price most of the time.  Check around and I dont think you will find one cheaper.  I almost bought anoter one for a spare but you know what happens to spare parts!

https://www.deltatea...BLOWOUT-PRICED-_p_4325.html

That is all.

• Flesh Wound and bamashooter like this

#2 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Nov. 24 2017 - 10:58 AM

I purchased one of these FCG and have no complaints

Edited by gshayd, Nov. 24 2017 - 10:59 AM.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#3 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Nov. 24 2017 - 01:01 PM

Have one. Nice trigger. That's a great price. 

#4 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Nov. 24 2017 - 01:17 PM

Have one, like it, standard pins and it stays in place. 

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

In the words of my grandfather...
"Beauty is only skin deep- ugly goes clear to the bone!"
"You can't fix stupid"
"Sometimes fishing is better than catching"
"There is no sense being stupid unless you show it"
"Guns and fishing poles----you can never have enough!"
"When it comes to your wife and buying more guns it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!"
"If you fly it, float it, or ***k it, RENT it!"

#5 OFFLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

Posted Nov. 24 2017 - 01:19 PM

Holy poopie!

I just ordered 2 with the pin kit. Got free shipping as I was over $120!

Thank you for the lead on this. My "Beast" is getting a new squeezy pully thing!

Signature:

Flesh Wound

I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off.

flag.jpg

Peace Is A Dream Only Achieved When Good Men
Are Willing To Commit Great Violence Upon Evil Men.

#6 OFFLINE   HardenedArm556

HardenedArm556

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Nov. 24 2017 - 01:30 PM

Great price! I have this FCG also and it is outstanding.

Signature:

"Never Miss The Chance to Shut Up!"  The late Judge Roy Bean.

#7 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

Posted Nov. 24 2017 - 04:14 PM

Its all good, brothers!!

#8 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Nov. 24 2017 - 04:27 PM

That is a very, very nice single stage 3.5lb trigger. Hope folks on the fence about a new trigger hop all over this.

#9 OFFLINE   alwyschmbrd

alwyschmbrd

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Nov. 25 2017 - 01:12 PM

I have one of these......It's Very nice!

Signature:

"Be Safe"

#10 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Nov. 25 2017 - 02:10 PM

OOS. :kickcan:

Signature:

Lighten up Francis!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin
A
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg     

#11 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Nov. 25 2017 - 06:14 PM

I have been warned by several people on this board,

whose opinions I greatly respect, that if you vary much at all from the engineering design 

of the mil spec design you trade durability and reliability for all the advantages you gain.

Is it possible that these companies who have put much R&D into the design of these non mil spec triggers

have figured out how to engineer designs far from the original, but with equal to if not greater reliability and durability

than the original mil spec design, with the disadvantages of the original mil spec design eliminated ? 

Has the manufacturing technology, design, and materials used caught up to give us the proverbial "free lunch", even when that lunch costs 

us a huge chunk of change compared with the price of a Mil spec trigger from another respected company ?

I have been told many, many times that the sweet 2 stage National Match Trigger on my RRA rifle

is a breakage leaving me with a club just waiting to happen compared to the durability and reliability of a mil spec trigger. 

I was even warned not to take it to a high round training class. Too many people had seen them go down.

Is the conventional wisdom regarding mil spec triggers design and the design of these latest generations of these after market triggers

in that position where the conventional wisdom no longer holds true, especially those models that are said to be designed for "combat" use and able to hold up to heavy duty use and produced by reputable companies right here in the States ?

I would like the collective brain trust here to consider the points I've made, and give your opinion and reasoning and/or experience, please.

In other words, I'm looking for an update since these new triggers have been around for a while. It has been a number of years since 

I was counseled to stick with a mil spec design on what is primarily a self defense rifle.

Many thanks in advance,

John

BTW: I guess I should also ask is there something in particular about the RRA trigger design, materials, or QC that makes the RRA particularly unreliable as compared to these 2 to 300 buck cassette triggers be offered these days. There have been several Military rifles made with 2 stage triggers that have always been considered robust combat arms, so I would not think the 2 stage design itself is the root of the concern. 

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#12 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Nov. 25 2017 - 06:45 PM

I have been warned by several people on this board,
whose opinions I greatly respect, that if you vary much at all from the engineering design 
of the mil spec design you trade durability and reliability for all the advantages you gain.

Is it possible that these companies who have put much R&D into the design of these non mil spec triggers
have figured out how to engineer designs far from the original, but with equal to if not greater reliability and durability
than the original mil spec design, with the disadvantages of the original mil spec design eliminated ? 
Has the manufacturing technology, design, and materials used caught up to give us the proverbial "free lunch", even when that lunch costs 
us a huge chunk of change compared with the price of a Mil spec trigger from another respected company ?

I have been told many, many times that the sweet 2 stage National Match Trigger on my RRA rifle
is a breakage leaving me with a club just waiting to happen compared to the durability and reliability of a mil spec trigger. 
I was even warned not to take it to a high round training class. Too many people had seen them go down.

Is the conventional wisdom regarding mil spec triggers design and the design of these latest generations of these after market triggers
in that position where the conventional wisdom no longer holds true, especially those models that are said to be designed for "combat" use and able to hold up to heavy duty use and produced by reputable companies right here in the States ?

I would like the collective brain trust here to consider the points I've made, and give your opinion and reasoning and/or experience, please.
In other words, I'm looking for an update since these new triggers have been around for a while. It has been a number of years since 
I was counseled to stick with a mil spec design on what is primarily a self defense rifle.

Many thanks in advance,
John

BTW: I guess I should also ask is there something in particular about the RRA trigger design, materials, or QC that makes the RRA particularly unreliable as compared to these 2 to 300 buck cassette triggers be offered these days. There have been several Military rifles made with 2 stage triggers that have always been considered robust combat arms, so I would not think the 2 stage design itself is the root of the concern. 

Odd. I've had my RRA 2-stage triggers in several high round count classes, and 3-gun competitions.

Never had an issue with any of mine. Are these people who speak from personal experience, or heard from Bob who heard from Fred who thought it's a bad idea?

I say just run the damned thing.

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#13 OFFLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

Posted Nov. 25 2017 - 09:34 PM

This is the first I've heard of reliability issues on these aftermarket triggers. John, can you source us any reading on the subject?

I will also say this. My "go to war" rifles are not equipped with non-MILSPEC triggers. But I have considered better triggers for at least one rifle that I'd drag off with me to a fight.

#14 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted Nov. 25 2017 - 09:38 PM

I have 6k rounds on my RRA NM varmint trigger......zero issues so far. I only have 800 or so on the Rise with no issues.

• Retcop likes this

#15 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Nov. 25 2017 - 10:11 PM

I have read it in gun rags, but mostly here that mil spec is the most durable anf reliable for good primer strikes...it was a while back as i said....

Good to hear.

Edited by Retcop, Dec. 01 2017 - 06:07 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Nov. 25 2017 - 10:14 PM

Mil-spec is solely for the purpose of going to war. "True" mil-sec can normally be easily exceeded if cost is no object. The bureaucrats look for costs and efficiency, to a lesser extent reliability, based on a pre-determined set of parameters and values formulated from an assembly of personnel from diverse backgrounds. It has it's pluses and minuses as you can imagine.

Aftermarket manufacturers either make money from junk with good marketing, high quality parts with good marketing, high quality parts with not all that much spent on advertising. Junk companies don't really give a hoot. They will have made their money back quickly or knowing the market as they do, continue to make money knowing that cheap sells. "Quality" companies depend in large part on establishing their street creeds and a solid reputation.

I wouldn't give it a second thought. If you're not deploying, don't sweat it. Speaking of deploying, you should see some of what many of us consider shat parts and accessories being used very effectively by personnel other than U.S. types.

Bottom line, quality speaks for itself and is quickly recognized by users who in turn get the word out to the masses.

#17 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Nov. 25 2017 - 11:44 PM

I have 6k rounds on my RRA NM varmint trigger......zero issues so far. I only have 800 or so on the Rise with no issues.

That's nuth'n!! :laugh:

#18 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted Nov. 26 2017 - 12:03 AM

That's nuth'n!! :laugh:

Remember, I'm just a pimple on the butt of a real shooter.

#19 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Nov. 26 2017 - 03:54 AM

Remember, I'm just a pimple on the butt of a real shooter.

It'd be more impressive if you had 50 ARs with 50 RRA triggers. :laugh:

#20 OFFLINE   hlhneast

hlhneast

Posted Nov. 26 2017 - 06:30 AM

It'd be more impressive if you had 50 ARs with 50 RRA triggers. :laugh:

At least Tack has the 50 AR part covered!

Forum Statistics

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center