Rise Armanment RA 140 SST $81.95

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#81 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Dec. 12 2017 - 10:55 PM

In all my years of dealing with LaRue Tactical (13 of them to be exact), I have never seen or heard of such about Mark LaRue. I have nothing but praise for what Mark does for our service members and LEO community. He is one of the most generous people I know. There may be some people who have gotten their panties in a wad for some reason or another about Mark LaRue, but I have never seen or heard of any just cause to make any statements regarding any disdain for LEOs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the sad thing is that personal opinion in some cases is not based on fact, but merely conjecture and being misinformed. LaRue Tactical turns out some fantastic products and Mark LaRue stands behind every product he makes and sells. In regard to what you have been reading on some other forum(s), my advice is to believe half of what you see and nothing you hear. There is a lot of trash that gets spread on many forums and people need to learn to not take it at face value. There was trash talk spread about Troy Industries some years back as well over someone they employed. I have the utmost respect for Mark and for what he does.

I will add this. The LaRue Tactical MBT-2S trigger is one of the very best money can buy. I own four of them. In addition, you can choose to buy LaRue Tactical products or not. That is up to you, but do not believe this crap about Mark being anti-law enforcement. It is quite to the contrary.

This maybe the root of the issue with some people.

LaRue Tactical Issues New Sales Policy for State and Local Agencies

Earlier today, LaRue Tactical issued this press release.

NEWS RELEASE:
02/08/2013 LEANDER, TX.

Updated Policy for State and Local Agency Law Enforcement Sales:

Due to the recent and numerous new Anti-gun/Anti-2nd Amendment laws passed and/or pending across our country, LaRue Tactical has been forced to reconsider how we provide products to state and local agencies.

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

State and local laws have always been a serious focus of this firm, and we are now dovetailing that focus with the constitutional rights of the residents covered in their different areas by the old and new regulations.

We realize this effort will have an impact on this firm’s sales – and have decided the lost sales are less danger to this firm than potential lawsuits from erroneous shipments generated by something as simple as human error.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Mark LaRue

* * This policy does not apply to Military / Federal Agencies

A person on another forum posted this:

"Will LaRue sell rifles to individual officers using personal funds in states where the general public can not buy the same rifle? (Assuming non NFA)

Mags?

Other parts?"

The second post responded:

"Based on his previous postings, no.

You're allowed to have only what civilians are allowed to have in your state, regardless if you're LE purchasing with personal funds."

Mark LaRue responded:

"1st post nailed it.

ML"

Mark LaRue is decidedly NOT pro-law enforcement. He is pro-military in that he wants federal contracts, and will do nothing to endanger them. Even when local LE is exempt from the laws he references, he is refusing to sell to agencies, let alone individual officers who may or may not be exempt. No other manufacturer that I am aware of (outside of Barrett) has any policy even close to this. 

I believe his company makes good parts and rifles. I'm just saying that you can buy from someone who denies LE in certain states their product, or you can purchase from someone who makes similar quality products, that has no qualms about selling to LE, no matter where they are. 

And I would also suggest that if you found one post, you should excavate all of his postings. Including his rather manic rants, but some of it has been removed because he had lucid moments where he or someone else realized that he looked like a nutburger in some of his posts. 

Mr. LaRue is pro-LE when it suits his pocketbook. At the time he made that statement, he was pandering to those who were decidedly anti-LE, and those who were using the "some animals are more equal than others" mantra. You can be free to buy his stuff, or not. But don't believe the crap that he's pro-LE, when he most decidedly is not. When he knows that sales to agencies in these areas are specifically exempt from legal restrictions, yet he refuses to sell to them, he is making a political statement with his refusal to sell to these agencies. And if as you say, he makes the best, he's denying that from those who put themselves in harm's way on a regular basis. Doesn't sound too "pro-LE" to me. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"
- Einstein

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center