One Million ACOGs

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Dec. 02 2017 - 01:20 PM

The idea born in the mind of Glyn Bindon in 1986, the first 4X32 TA01 was introduced in 1987.

Congratulations to Trijicon for their commitment to quality.

Then -Maj. Gen. James Mattis once said:

"The ACOG mounted on the M16 service rifle has proven to be the biggest improvement 

in lethality for the Marine infantryman since the introduction of the M1 Garand in World War II."

A true revolution in optics used on weapons fired in anger.

* with thanks to the American Rifleman, December, 2017.

Signature:

A Vote for Trump is a vote for a liberal !

NRA Life Member

The People's power flows through the States, not Washington.

Repeal the 17th Amendment.

Read Levin's The Liberty Amendments, Liberty and Tyranny, Ameratopia, and Men in Black.

#2 OFFLINE   Chris645

Chris645

• Group:Members*

Posted Dec. 02 2017 - 07:31 PM

Just wish I were rich so I could afford one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 OFFLINE   andy2205

andy2205

• Group:Members

Posted Dec. 03 2017 - 08:22 AM

Just wish I were rich so I could afford one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you shop right you can get close. I was looking around on the net and the 4x32 with red chevron caught my attention. When I saw the price I thought, never going to happen. Then I went on the Trjicon website and found their $150 rebate in celebration of the 1mil unit sold. Back on hunt I found a deal on Ebay for the optic at $869, finished price with rebate $719. These normally run north of at least $1000~$1100.

So far I've used it out to 300yds on a Sig Sauer M400 shooting 55gr. bthp rounds that I've hand loaded and it works like a champ.

Signature:

I used to have a military signature picture, until the greedy cocksuckers at Photobucket went full mental.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
George Orwell

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

"I don't get that -- people going to war over religion. I don't know, I could see going to war over justice or democracy or even revenge. But if you're going to war over religion, now you're just killing people in an argument over who has the better imaginary friend." Richard Jeni

#4 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff

Posted Dec. 03 2017 - 08:27 AM

I am blessed to own a TA01NSN. I chose to carry it to combat and it never let me down. In my opinion the ACOG sets a gold standard that all other combat magnified optics are compared to. I have seen ACOGs survive IED strikes that killed the rifle they were attached to.

Does everybody need one, no by a long shot for the price are there more versatile optics avaiable for sure but I have yet to see an ACOG that would not take a beating that other manufactures would call abuse and it still works.

Signature:
Posted Image

DUSTOFF IS “REQUEST PRESENT POSITION DEPARTURE FOR URGENT 9-LINE”

If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me! -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Chris645

Chris645

Posted Dec. 03 2017 - 08:46 AM

finished price with rebate $719. These normally run north of at least $1000~$1100.

............................and I repeat myself........................I just wish I were rich enough to spend even $719 on an optic, even one like that.

#6 OFFLINE   andy2205

andy2205

Posted Dec. 03 2017 - 09:50 AM

............................and I repeat myself........................I just wish I were rich enough to spend even $719 on an optic, even one like that.

Hobbies are for those with expendable income.

#7 OFFLINE   Chris645

Chris645

Posted Dec. 03 2017 - 09:53 AM

I agree 100%.  Unfortunately,. I'm not in that category.  Still, I sure would like to mount an ACOG on my $400 AR!

#8 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Dec. 03 2017 - 10:13 AM

If you shop right you can get close. I was looking around on the net and the 4x32 with red chevron caught my attention. When I saw the price I thought, never going to happen. Then I went on the Trjicon website and found their $150 rebate in celebration of the 1mil unit sold. Back on hunt I found a deal on Ebay for the optic at $869, finished price with rebate $719. These normally run north of at least $1000~$1100.

So far I've used it out to 300yds on a Sig Sauer M400 shooting 55gr. bthp rounds that I've hand loaded and it works like a champ.

Thanks a great find !

Congratulations !

#9 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Dec. 03 2017 - 10:26 AM

I agree 100%.  Unfortunately,. I'm not in that category.  Still, I sure would like to mount an ACOG on my $400 AR!

It is difficult. If you want the best, you have to wait and save.

I have an optic on my AR that costs 2/3 the price of the AR. 

I know riflemen whose optic costs more than their rifle. 

You have to also look for "best bang for your buck" like the Aimpoint Pro I got in a group buy here. 

(You have to be a Patron for group buys)  

Keep saving and don't get discouraged. Like Red says, not everyone needs an ACOG,

There are many rugged and dependable optics out there that will give you great service. 

The ACOG is a stand out.  I am an awe of the man who designed it.

#10 OFFLINE   Chris645

Chris645

Posted Dec. 03 2017 - 10:31 AM

I already own a (now discontinued) Nikon Monarch Africa 1x4 scope which has been sitting on my .45/70 "safe queen" for the pas 7 years.  Just bought a mount for it last night and will put it on the AR until such time as I can afford something better.

#11 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Dec. 03 2017 - 10:36 AM

I already own a (now discontinued) Nikon Monarch Africa 1x4 scope which has been sitting on my .45/70 "safe queen" for the pas 7 years.  Just bought a mount for it last night and will put it on the AR until such time as I can afford something better.

:thumb:

#12 OFFLINE   andy2205

andy2205

Posted Dec. 03 2017 - 08:54 PM

Thanks a great find !

Congratulations !

More like luck, I found the rebate the day before it ended. Then I found the Acog from Sportsman's Supply on Ebay. The price was so low I looked up info on fake Acogs and compared the pictures against those in the add. I thought it was too good to be real.

Here is a current offer on another Acog. They have around 10 pages of items with plenty of optics listed including MRO sights.

https://www.ebay.com...nwAAOSw-QZZxUH3

Just use the view other items button.

Edited by andy2205, Dec. 03 2017 - 09:01 PM.

Forum Statistics

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center