Photo

cordless electric lawnmowers

33 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff

Posted Dec. 10 2017 - 10:19 AM

I have actually been looking into electric bicycles for my GF so she can go with me on rides. The replacement batteries (400ah) for the Bosch equipped bikes cost $847!   :blink:  The range is about 25-75 miles depending on levels of assist.

That’s just crazy. The 4ah Ryobi batters are normally priced at about $100 each. However about once a month you can get a 2 pack for that price and I picked up a pair on the holiday sale stuff for $80 for a pair. The thing about the 4ah batteries is they only come with certain tools. Most of the tools come with the 2ah batteries and some of the super lightweight stuff like lights and radios come with the 1ah.

Signature:
Posted Image

DUSTOFF IS “REQUEST PRESENT POSITION DEPARTURE FOR URGENT 9-LINE”

If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me! -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   Snake46

Snake46

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Dec. 14 2017 - 09:26 PM

My Ryobi is 40v..didn't know they had a 18v hybrid (do have the 18v hybrid blower, but never used it plugged in-that was the reason I went cordless in the first place..hated the cords)..

#23 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Posted Dec. 14 2017 - 09:28 PM

My Ryobi is 40v..didn't know they had a 18v hybrid (do have the 18v hybrid blower, but never used it plugged in-that was the reason I went cordless in the first place..hated the cords)..

I cant see cords working very long on something like a lawnmower either. Blower much better. Weed eater or edger not so much. I got originally got the cordless blower for the camper but it has migrated to the house and now the camper has one of the smaller “shop” blowers. Just just as well for the camper and takes up much less space.

#24 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Dec. 14 2017 - 09:38 PM

I cant see cords working very long on something like a lawnmower either. Blower much better. Weed eater or edger not so much. I got originally got the cordless blower for the camper but it has migrated to the house and now the camper has one of the smaller “shop” blowers. Just just as well for the camper and takes up much less space.

My neighbor has a corded mower. You roll the cord up near the middle at one long edge of the lawn. You mow back and forth away from your cord and outlet. It works pretty well.

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Died, buried, rotted, caved in, back filled, paved over, and forgotten.

#25 OFFLINE   AnOldBiker

AnOldBiker

• Group:Members*

Posted Dec. 15 2017 - 02:53 AM

Electric or battery are ok, but I have yet to personally know anyone that has had one long term. And I have an old Honda that is 'bout 20 years old that starts every time I need it. Maintenance is cheap and easy. Heck, one 5 gallon can of gas (one trip to the station) with StayBit in it will last 2 years. I personally wouldn't consider one.

Signature:

Jim

DP15   5.56/.223

DPMS LR 308/7.62

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Reagan

#26 OFFLINE   Coop650

Coop650

Posted Dec. 15 2017 - 08:38 AM

We bought this house in Texas in January. I sold my old gas trimmer before moving. We have 2 acres but only have a small 40'x30'x40' fenced in backyard for the dogs. I only trim around that fence, around the house, and around the 10'x16' shed. I bought a Ryobi 18V trimmer with a Home Depot gift card or realtor gave is and it has been great. Right now I only have one battery and I can trim what I have with the one. 

Edited by Coop650, Dec. 15 2017 - 08:38 AM.

Signature:

-Mike

#27 OFFLINE   BushXM15

BushXM15

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Dec. 20 2017 - 08:04 PM

Heck Red Your WORTH IT , set it forget it teaches it's self and is self charging : MORE RANGE TIME BUD !!!...

https://www.husqvarn...ic-lawn-mowers/

Signature:

G. is a used Dildo without batteries ! ...

#28 OFFLINE   jpg366

jpg366

Posted Mar. 09 2018 - 09:38 PM

40v, 20 inch Ryobi is great.

#29 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Mar. 15 2018 - 08:18 PM

Got me a 2-speed 80v Kobalt weed-eater the other day.. Not bad. I really like the restringing. Cut  15ft length, push one end through one of the outlet holes through the opposing outlet hole, bring ends together evenly, push in on and begin rotating the bump-feed and that's all there is to it.

Signature:

This is my last build.

#30 ONLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

Posted Mar. 15 2018 - 08:32 PM

I hire my grass cutting out....

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#31 OFFLINE   Casper

Casper

• Group:Members

Posted Apr. 04 2018 - 04:26 PM

Are you consistently cutting the grass when it's not too tall? If you don't cut it on time and it gets tall, then you'll miss the power of a gas engine.

My work schedule is crazy and with kids schedules and my wife's schedule, sometimes the grass goes a few days longer than it should.

Signature:
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for."

#32 OFFLINE   Casper

Casper

• Group:Members

Posted Apr. 04 2018 - 04:28 PM

I hire my grass cutting out....

Each spring I get closer and closer to free lawn mowing labor. Two sons! Still a few years out.

#33 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

Posted Apr. 13 2018 - 06:07 PM

Ok first mow of the year and HD had a sale on the 40V Ryobi. Decided I would get it and try it out. Honestly I am pretty impressed. One side of the front yard was tall but the grass is not that thick. The other side of the driveway it is tall and thick. The mower has had zero problems other than I dont have a full charge on the battery. I also like the way that it folds down and then stands up on end for storage taking up the floor space of a smaller forced air heater. Its also very light. The only assembly was installing either then muncher attachment or the bag.

I should also add that I was shocked at how quiet it is. If the grass is low or thin it is about as loud as a 8-10 inch fan set on high. It senses when it begins to bog down and throws more juice to it and even at the higher speeds it is still not as loud as my 18V cordless weed eater.

#34 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Apr. 13 2018 - 07:21 PM

Sweet!

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

Reply to this topic

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center