Photo

New toy hauler

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

• Group:Members

Posted Dec. 19 2017 - 11:23 PM

So we decided to see if the new ski doo would fit in the family wood truck, a 1993 s-10 that just wont die, and it turns out it fits just fine. I might have to start using this when I want to take only one sled with me.

Not sure how I feel about the cargo in the bed having 10 times the blue book value and 50 more horsepower than the pickup carrying it though.

I have to do something while its not snowing, there is only a pathetic 8 at our warming shelter at 6500ft right now :(

oC6WqmK.jpg

#2 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Dec. 20 2017 - 03:40 AM

You'll be getting another foot or two this week I think. The passes are lower than your warming shelter, and they're getting 3'+. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"

- Einstein

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

-Ernest Hemingway

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#3 OFFLINE   devil duck

devil duck

Posted Dec. 20 2017 - 10:00 AM

On the up side, you can always use the sled to get the "hauler" out of a situation if need be.

Signature:
Sometimes lady luck just bends you over and calls you Sally

I came into this world with nothing, I still have most of it left.

Some people are like Slinkys. Pretty much useless but still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.

There is no right way to do something wrong.

Everyone brings joy to your life. Some when they come into it, others when they leave.

I WILL NOT COMPLY

#4 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Dec. 20 2017 - 10:07 AM

Use whatever works for you.

Signature:
Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocolypse? Plagues, famine, Noneya buys a gun...

Pepper

#5 OFFLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

Posted Dec. 20 2017 - 11:39 AM

You'll be getting another foot or two this week I think. The passes are lower than your warming shelter, and they're getting 3'+. 

We usually get a lot less than the cascades just because of rain shadow effects and such, but Anthony lakes outside of baker city got 9 last night, so it is a start. Snowing pretty decently in la Grande this morning too, so I hope it keeps up. I have some family riding st Mt Bachelor this morning, looking forward to seeing the pictures.

#6 OFFLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

Posted Dec. 20 2017 - 11:44 AM

Use whatever works for you.

I may take this once for a local quick trip, but the heated seats in my ram are just too nice to leave at home. I mostly wanted to see if it would fit, the mileage on that little pickup if I am making a long trip will be much better than my diesel, and that sled will not fit into the short box on the big truck (I tried).

I do like rolling into the sno parks when its buried in snow in something like this though, to show off to all the guys who say you need a f350 or better to haul sleds. I used to get strange looks when I would pull up in my old Ford Escape pulling a 4 place snowmobile trailer, without a problem. I am still surprised how well that thing did when I had it, and how I never really had an issue getting stuck.

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center