Ruger Precision Rimfire

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Jan. 04 2018 - 06:08 PM

Was not almost everyone here with kids going gaga over the Cricket "Precision Rifle" a while back ? 

I think it was Cricket...

Yep and using it to good effect as well.

gallery_13758_205_19621.jpg

I was seriously thinking about buying him the Performance Trainer from Crickett as well but they don't do a .17 and the price is $100 higher on the Crickett. I was looking for a repeater for him and I think the Precision Rimfire would be a good choice for him. 

In .17 HMR it would be a good choice for me.

If we ever get out of the Arctic blast we have a date with the local squirrels. The hunting would be good now but he has a very limited ability to sit still when it is super cold. I didn't think of it in Michigan but I believe I will put him in a set of my polypropolene long underwear when we go out. Cotton just isn't worthy.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#22 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

• Group:Members

Posted Jan. 04 2018 - 06:11 PM

Was not almost everyone here with kids going gaga over the Cricket "Precision Rifle" a while back ? 

I think it was Cricket...

But base price on the Cricket CPR is only $315, $419 decked out, not $529 like the Ruger.

Signature:

I Will NOT Comply!

"You came here lookin' for a killin'. If you stick around there's going to be some. I don't know any plainer way to put it."

John Payne as Vint Bonner ~ Restless Gun

STx4pQP.gif

Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal

So Suck It Up Buttercup!

Do you really think you can drop us all?                                                   

You're first, he's next...are you going to care what happens after that?

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"

~Thomas Jefferson~

#23 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Jan. 04 2018 - 06:27 PM

Yep and using it to good effect as well.

gallery_13758_205_19621.jpg

I was seriously thinking about buying him the Performance Trainer from Crickett as well but they don't do a .17 and the price is $100 higher on the Crickett. I was looking for a repeater for him and I think the Precision Rimfire would be a good choice for him. 

In .17 HMR it would be a good choice for me.

If we ever get out of the Arctic blast we have a date with the local squirrels. The hunting would be good now but he has a very limited ability to sit still when it is super cold. I didn't think of it in Michigan but I believe I will put him in a set of my polypropolene long underwear when we go out. Cotton just isn't worthy.

WAY cool, Lon !

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#24 OFFLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Jan. 04 2018 - 06:33 PM

But base price on the Cricket CPR is only $315, $419 decked out, not $529 like the Ruger.

You will likely see the Ruger retailing for $369.99-399.99. I'd even pay $100 for an HMR version.

My only concern is what glass to put on it. Only thing I have laying around is a Vortex PST 4-16. That definitely won't be going on a .22.

#25 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Jan. 04 2018 - 07:05 PM

You will likely see the Ruger retailing for $369.99-399.99. I'd even pay $100 for an HMR version.

My only concern is what glass to put on it. Only thing I have laying around is a Vortex PST 4-16. That definitely won't be going on a .22.

Nikon 1-4X

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#26 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

Posted Jan. 04 2018 - 07:33 PM

I'd put a 4-16x on it.......if it's accurate enough to thread a needle (as it should be for the price).

#27 OFFLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

Posted Mar. 13 2018 - 10:55 AM

Well, I have one of these coming from gunbroker, and got a scope, rings, and a mlok bipod adapter for it as well. Cant wait to try it out suppressed. Hopefully I wont see a 4ft POI change with using my silencerco suppressor like I see with my ruger American rimfire.

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center