Photo

The car is ready for this weekend.

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   calebj06

calebj06

• Group:Members

Posted Apr. 14 2018 - 12:30 PM

Yesterday we broke the new motor in the dragster. Not happy about that. The people that build the motor said that they will take care of it. Even offer to come to Vegas to pick up the car and take it back to their shop and fix it.

Had problems getting down the track with the Vette. We will do better today.

Broke as In blown to pieces? Or just slightly broken?

#62 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Apr. 14 2018 - 04:31 PM

Yesterday we broke the new motor in the dragster. Not happy about that. The people that build the motor said that they will take care of it. Even offer to come to Vegas to pick up the car and take it back to their shop and fix it.

Had problems getting down the track with the Vette. We will do better today.

That sucks....but at least the shop is going to stand behind their work. 

How did it go today?

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Died, buried, rotted, caved in, back filled, paved over, and forgotten.

#63 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

Posted Apr. 14 2018 - 11:49 PM

Broke as In blown to pieces? Or just slightly broken?

We will not know the extent of the damage until it is torn down.

Signature:
Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocolypse? Plagues, famine, Noneya buys a gun...

Pepper

#64 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

Posted Apr. 14 2018 - 11:54 PM

Today did not go well for the Vette. We did go a little faster today. So in the first round we sheared off the bolts between the flexplate and the crankshaft. The motor is freewheeling and bouncing off the rev limiter. You can possibly hurt the connecting rods if you do that. So might need rods.

A new flexplate for that car is about $800. $80 for new bolts. I forgot how much rod are for the motor.

Now I am going home with two broken cars.

#65 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 04:52 AM

Ugh...that really stinks......

On the other hand, I'm learning exactly how expensive it is to go from A to B and not break something & then add in inspections and gear and such...ugh, guns are cheaper :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Today did not go well for the Vette. We did go a little faster today. So in the first round we sheared off the bolts between the flexplate and the crankshaft. The motor is freewheeling and bouncing off the rev limiter. You can possibly hurt the connecting rods if you do that. So might need rods.

A new flexplate for that car is about $800. $80 for new bolts. I forgot how much rod are for the motor.

#66 OFFLINE   alpo

alpo

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 06:41 AM

That really sucks.  Looks like this weekend was a total bust.  (no pun intended)

Signature:

NRA LIFE MEMBER

gallery_135_65_1073.jpg

#67 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 09:06 AM

Man,. that sucks. I hope both engines only need a minimum to repair. 

#68 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Apr. 25 2018 - 10:37 PM

FexEx finally dropped off the helmet, ordered it from Summit, nobody had one here or on the big city that fit my head, so I "guessed" and ordered a 2x GF3, Full Face, CoolTec Liner, Gloss Black, Snell SA2015 one as it's the cheapest that had the Snell rating....and it's funky....can tell it's not a motorcycle helmet and now to take off the visor....ugh.....

Been playing with the line lock in the car, going to hit a dragstrip for the 1st time this weekend if everytng worls out and I don't want to look like the old fat guy who can't do anything except red lights.... :hysterical3: :hysterical3: :hysterical3:

See yellow, go pedal hits the floor hopefully...... :tiphat: :tiphat:

#69 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

Posted Apr. 25 2018 - 10:56 PM

When you see the last amber bulb. Start going.

• Rampy likes this

#70 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

Posted Jul. 06 2018 - 10:29 PM

The Vette is almost back together. Need to still repair the wheelie-bars. Found out that one of the mounts for our dash broke. Need to get somebody to weld that back together. We are working on getting the Nitrous to working right.

The dragster motor is repaired and back in the car but untested.

Need to get this back together very soon. Going to load the car up in the trailer next weekend. Then next Sunday the truck and trailer is leaving for Sonoma for two weekend races. Not going to run the dragster in Sonoma. From there we are going to Boise and try to run a Pro Mod race. Going to run the dragster in Boise also in a class called the quick 16.

#71 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted Jul. 07 2018 - 01:00 AM

The Vette is almost back together. Need to still repair the wheelie-bars. Found out that one of the mounts for our dash broke. Need to get somebody to weld that back together. We are working on getting the Nitrous to working right.

The dragster motor is repaired and back in the car but untested.

Need to get this back together very soon. Going to load the car up in the trailer next weekend. Then next Sunday the truck and trailer is leaving for Sonoma for two weekend races. Not going to run the dragster in Sonoma. From there we are going to Boise and try to run a Pro Mod race. Going to run the dragster in Boise also in a class called the quick 16.

Good luck.....depending on the wind you may need a gas mask to breathe from all the smoke.

#72 ONLINE   mattd65636

mattd65636

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Jul. 07 2018 - 06:04 AM

Good luck NONEYA

Signature:

"I had this theory. It was based loosely on the unremarkable observation that the old are always looking back with longing while the young, with the same longing, look ahead. One man remembers what the other imagines." -Thomas Lynch The Undertaking: Life Studies From A Dismal Trade

"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again,  this time more intelligently."-Henry Ford

#73 OFFLINE   alpo

alpo

Posted Jul. 07 2018 - 06:20 AM

Good luck.  Hope y'all do good.

#74 ONLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

Posted Jul. 07 2018 - 06:24 AM

Dang it Noneya, I just read about all the trouble you had in April. Glad you got everything back together.
Good luck at the races.
Have a great weekend, and remember to have fun.

Signature:

Lighten up Francis! "

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin FranklinA"

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. 

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  

Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg     

Bossiershreveportmudbuglogo.png

#75 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

Posted Jul. 16 2018 - 10:58 PM

The truck and trailer made it to Sonoma early this afternoon. He has been sitting in line waiting to get in to park. But that is not going to happen for a couple of days.

#76 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Jul. 17 2018 - 12:01 AM

why, can't ya get into the park.....

And to think we were just in that area.......ya need to race someplace the wife would want to go to :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The truck and trailer made it to Sonoma early this afternoon. He has been sitting in line waiting to get in to park. But that is not going to happen for a couple of days.

#77 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

Posted Jul. 17 2018 - 10:20 AM

why, can't ya get into the park.....

And to think we were just in that area.......ya need to race someplace the wife would want to go to :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

First off they would have to have people there all week to park people. For the first race they will have about 400 cars there. They have all the parking marked out. If they just let people in they will take up more then one pit stall. The higher classes will have better pit stall. So of the lower classes will be up on the big hill. If you are coming for only the first race you will be able to park on the paved pit area. But the following week the pros will be pitted there.

Too expensive to hit too many races for you to come see us. The car and equipment cost too much to just hit a Saturday night race. You need to come to see us. 

#78 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Jul. 17 2018 - 02:44 PM

Hell, I want to come see you & would if I can figure out where/when your racing and how to get there in a timely manner......

I was under the impression falsely it seems Racing was a full time gig, you would go from venue to venue running a circuit and race every weekend or every other weekend....

Thanks for taking the time to educate me, I'm a box of rocks on the subject, but its fun watching....and very expensive.....

First off they would have to have people there all week to park people. For the first race they will have about 400 cars there. They have all the parking marked out. If they just let people in they will take up more then one pit stall. The higher classes will have better pit stall. So of the lower classes will be up on the big hill. If you are coming for only the first race you will be able to park on the paved pit area. But the following week the pros will be pitted there.

Too expensive to hit too many races for you to come see us. The car and equipment cost too much to just hit a Saturday night race. You need to come to see us. 

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center