Photo

Super Scary Sh*t happening in Oregon

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Mar. 20 2018 - 05:46 PM

This sounds as bad as CA or NY.  Seriously.  Read the proposal at the link below and become angry.

Oregon's new gun confiscation ballot measure has been filed. You can read the language here.

Get ready for the fight of our lives.

Signature:

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.”

–  Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

#2 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Mar. 20 2018 - 05:59 PM

If I want to make a donation to OFF  (Oregon Firearms Federation), should I make it to them (OFF)

or to their PAC ?

What would be the most helpful right now ?

Edited by Retcop, Mar. 20 2018 - 05:59 PM.

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#3 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Mar. 20 2018 - 06:00 PM

If I want to make a donation to OFF  (Oregon Firearms Federation), should I make it to them (OFF)

or to their PAC ?

Let me ask Kevin and I will post for you.

#4 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Mar. 20 2018 - 06:01 PM

Let me ask Kevin and I will post for you.

Thanks.

#5 OFFLINE   hkriflenut

hkriflenut

PNW Sasquatch

• Group:Members

Posted Mar. 21 2018 - 12:02 AM

The Priest, Rabbi and Reverend pushing this should be ashamed of themselves, but they're not. No doubt they're getting funneled some big bucks from Soros and Bloomberg. 

This is disgusting. 

And it's not just here - from what I understand, Minnesota is about to vote on even worse measures in their legislature, Ohio has equally terrible gun laws coming up in their senate - the anti freedom groups are doing the full court press. They got no where Federally, so they are hitting the gas at the state and local levels. It's bad - its bad bad bad and getting worse. 

And you have a generation of soap eating dipsh!ts that are marching demanding the government take their freedom. Goddamned liberal indoctrination centers have worked wonders. We are watching our nation dying, and it doesn't seem to be much we can do but watch. 

• Pepper and Flesh Wound like this

Signature:
My Klingon Warrior can beat up your Imperial Storm Trooper

I don't care if it's shaped like a penis and you gotta cradle the balls to grip it if it shoots realiably and Glocks do.

#6 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Mar. 21 2018 - 02:10 AM

The Priest, Rabbi and Reverend pushing this should be ashamed of themselves, but they're not. No doubt they're getting funneled some big bucks from Soros and Bloomberg. 

This is disgusting. 

And it's not just here - from what I understand, Minnesota is about to vote on even worse measures in their legislature, Ohio has equally terrible gun laws coming up in their senate - the anti freedom groups are doing the full court press. They got no where Federally, so they are hitting the gas at the state and local levels. It's bad - its bad bad bad and getting worse. 

And you have a generation of soap eating dipsh!ts that are marching demanding the government take their freedom. Goddamned liberal indoctrination centers have worked wonders. We are watching our nation dying, and it doesn't seem to be much we can do but watch. 

Unfortunately bud, you're right. I count myself lucky to live where I do, and to have semi-conservative schools around me. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"
- Einstein

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#7 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Mar. 21 2018 - 05:33 AM

We need to nip this crap in the bud. 

#8 OFFLINE   alpo

alpo

Posted Mar. 21 2018 - 05:56 AM

This is terrible.  I don't see something like this getting passed but don't know the political  climate of Oregon.  Something like this would make be an instant criminal cause I wouldn't turn in any of my rifles, mags or anything.

Signature:

NRA LIFE MEMBER

gallery_135_65_1073.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Mar. 21 2018 - 09:28 AM

or to their PAC ?

Answer is: 

All goes to the same fight.

If they are Oregon residents they get a tax credit for PAC donations. But in the end it all goes to this battle.

Kevin

Link:  http://www.oregonfirearms.org/join-support-off 

Herd on the radio this morning this would essentially outlaw ALL semi-automatics in Oregon.

#10 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Mar. 21 2018 - 12:20 PM

So Oregon voters will vote on this when ? 

Do they use the Primary election to get ballot measures on the ballot for November ?

We must not allow this precedent to occur, IMHO.

What's the game plan?

#11 OFFLINE   hkriflenut

hkriflenut

PNW Sasquatch

Posted Mar. 21 2018 - 12:39 PM

So to get thus on the November general ellection ballot, they need 88,000 verified signatures from Oregon residents eligible to vote. Thats it. With over a million leftists in Portland's metro area alone, its almost a done deal. Portland, Salem, Eugene, Ashland, and Medford pretty much decide general elections in this state. Move a few miles in either direction from I-5 and Oregon is a lot more conservative. But the I-5 corridor is home to the bulk of the population, the majority of which are sufferers from chronic cranial rectal inversion syndrome, who blindly vote for "D" regardless of who it is, and whom vote for higher taxes at almost every turn, and who demand less freedom at every turn, except when it comes to crap like letting 5 year olds decide to get sex changes, forcing businesses to provide services to special customers (unless said business is operated by Muslims or illegal aliens) - and giving government more freedom to crush conservative or libertarian opposition. There are bills our legislature is sitting on to neuter the Secretary of States authority (because we shockingly elected a republican last time) and removing the requirement for honesy ballot titles or descriptions on initiative petition measures, and giving the ballot title writing authority to a commission made up of IIRC 4 democrats and 2 republicans (unfairly stacking the deck) instead of tge Secretary of State. 

Oregon is trying to outdo California in the race toward the bottom. 

#12 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Mar. 21 2018 - 01:06 PM

So to get thus on the November general ellection ballot, they need 88,000 verified signatures from Oregon residents eligible to vote. Thats it. With over a million leftists in Portland's metro area alone, its almost a done deal. Portland, Salem, Eugene, Ashland, and Medford pretty much decide general elections in this state. Move a few miles in either direction from I-5 and Oregon is a lot more conservative. But the I-5 corridor is home to the bulk of the population, the majority of which are sufferers from chronic cranial rectal inversion syndrome, who blindly vote for "D" regardless of who it is, and whom vote for higher taxes at almost every turn, and who demand less freedom at every turn, except when it comes to crap like letting 5 year olds decide to get sex changes, forcing businesses to provide services to special customers (unless said business is operated by Muslims or illegal aliens) - and giving government more freedom to crush conservative or libertarian opposition. There are bills our legislature is sitting on to neuter the Secretary of States authority (because we shockingly elected a republican last time) and removing the requirement for honesy ballot titles or descriptions on initiative petition measures, and giving the ballot title writing authority to a commission made up of IIRC 4 democrats and 2 republicans (unfairly stacking the deck) instead of tge Secretary of State. 

Oregon is trying to outdo California in the race toward the bottom. 

Yup, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

#13 ONLINE   Chris645

Chris645

Posted Mar. 21 2018 - 09:14 PM

Just takes two words to describe people who would propose and support such legislation:  LIBERAL IDIOTS!!!!!

Signature:

Chris

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

Gadsden_clr.gif

#14 OFFLINE   hkriflenut

hkriflenut

PNW Sasquatch

Posted Mar. 22 2018 - 01:04 AM

If anyone feels like helping out a bit - they can drop a line to the IRS about one of the chief petitioners - namely WJ "Mark" Knutson of the Augustana Lutheran Church. Mr. Knutson is using the church as basecamp for this political action, and lists his contact phone number on the initiative petition as that of the church. This is no bueno for a non-profit organization like a church. 

https://augustana.org/

http://egov.sos.stat...0180042..LSCYYY

You can fill out this file using information from the above sources - those being the church's website (contact info at the very bottom) and the Secretary of State's record for the filing of this petition --> https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf  --which is an editable PDF and email it to eoclass@irs.gov to make a formal complaint about this pastor and his church engaging in prohibited political activity. If he wants to use his position, and his church as a political weapon - he can take the hit and loose the protected non profit tax status. 

This guy held a press conference at his church, in the sanctuary, and is using it as the staging ground for the push to gather signatures to get this on the ballot. 

Actions have consequences, and he's clearly in violation of IRS rules governing non profits. 

#15 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

Posted Mar. 22 2018 - 02:58 AM

Just takes two words to describe people who would propose and support such legislation:  LIBERAL IDIOTS!!!!!

I don't want to trifle with semantics,

but I am thinking more along the lines of un-American tyrannical fascists on the mold of Lenin, Stalin, Mao,

and Castro.  Extremely dangerous people.  

Yours is a much more concise description so I get it. 

These people are not fools. They are cold, calculating, and oppressive people who want control of America. 

I am starting to become seriously concerned that this anti-gun push has not died down.

It is obvious that the big money commie contributors have concluded this is a time that is worth the monetary risk,

as the chances of victory has good odds. 

How many more signatures do they need to get this BS on the ballot, and what's the deadline please.

#16 ONLINE   Chris645

Chris645

Posted Mar. 22 2018 - 08:38 AM

I coulda called them Communist A-Holes, but I like this site and don't want to get kicked off.

#17 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Mar. 22 2018 - 09:25 AM

If anyone feels like helping out a bit - they can drop a line to the IRS about one of the chief petitioners - namely WJ "Mark" Knutson of the Augustana Lutheran Church. Mr. Knutson is using the church as basecamp for this political action, and lists his contact phone number on the initiative petition as that of the church. This is no bueno for a non-profit organization like a church. 

You can fill out this file using information from the above sources - those being the church's website (contact info at the very bottom) and the Secretary of State's record for the filing of this petition --> https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf  --which is an editable PDF and email it to eoclass@irs.gov to make a formal complaint about this pastor and his church engaging in prohibited political activity. If he wants to use his position, and his church as a political weapon - he can take the hit and loose the protected non profit tax status. 

This guy held a press conference at his church, in the sanctuary, and is using it as the staging ground for the push to gather signatures to get this on the ballot. 

Actions have consequences, and he's clearly in violation of IRS rules governing non profits. 

GREAT INformation and idea.  A bunch of us need to file this.

#18 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Mar. 22 2018 - 11:08 AM

I filled out the form and submitted it.  Perhaps if they get a few hundred complaints they will look into it.

#19 OFFLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

Posted Mar. 26 2018 - 09:50 PM

So according to Kevin at the Oregon Firearms Federatoon, fighting this just got a lot simpler.

http://www.oregonfir...-measure-update

Basically, though they submitted their initial signatures, they will not be allowed to gather the rest of the signatures until legal challenges to the ballot measure are dealt with. So now, the plan is to tie this process up in court so they cant get the 88k signatures needed to qualify for the ballot.

And then this gets posted as an update this evening -

tA5KTLb.jpg

I donated $100 and will do another $500 on payday. The fight is just beginning, but OFF doesnt screw around.

#20 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Mar. 26 2018 - 10:48 PM

So according to Kevin at the Oregon Firearms Federatoon, fighting this just got a lot simpler.

http://www.oregonfir...-measure-update

Basically, though they submitted their initial signatures, they will not be allowed to gather the rest of the signatures until legal challenges to the ballot measure are dealt with. So now, the plan is to tie this process up in court so they cant get the 88k signatures needed to qualify for the ballot.

I hope that they are able to tie it up in court so that it does not make to the ballot.

Signature:
Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocolypse? Plagues, famine, Noneya buys a gun...

Pepper

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center