Photo

Super Scary Sh*t happening in Oregon

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

• Group:Members

Posted Mar. 26 2018 - 10:51 PM

I hope that they are able to tie it up in court so that it does not make to the ballot.

Thats the plan, or at least draw the process out long enough that they they wont have time to collect the signatures to get it on the ballot. They cant begin that process until the legal challenges are settled as I understand it.

#22 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Mar. 26 2018 - 11:07 PM

Thats the plan, or at least draw the process out long enough that they they wont have time to collect the signatures to get it on the ballot. They cant begin that process until the legal challenges are settled as I understand it.

I've heard that the governor is pushing to get the case heard as quickly as possible. I am not sure that it will work out like she wants. The only thing Oregon courts love more than a liberal cause, is balking when told what to do by another branch of government. 

• hkriflenut likes this

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"
- Einstein

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#23 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

Posted Mar. 26 2018 - 11:09 PM

So according to Kevin at the Oregon Firearms Federatoon, fighting this just got a lot simpler.

http://www.oregonfir...-measure-update

Basically, though they submitted their initial signatures, they will not be allowed to gather the rest of the signatures until legal challenges to the ballot measure are dealt with. So now, the plan is to tie this process up in court so they cant get the 88k signatures needed to qualify for the ballot.

And then this gets posted as an update this evening -

tA5KTLb.jpg

I donated $100 and will do another $500 on payday. The fight is just beginning, but OFF doesnt screw around.

And it's interesting to note, that Facebook group went from 65k members on Saturday (after being started on Thursday), to over 90k members on Sunday. I think it's probably over 100k by now, and climbing quickly. Even if 25% of the members are liberal plants or from out of the area, that kind of grass-roots response is very encouraging. 

• Flesh Wound likes this

#24 ONLINE   adair_usmc

adair_usmc

Posted Mar. 26 2018 - 11:26 PM

I've heard that the governor is pushing to get the case heard as quickly as possible. I am not sure that it will work out like she wants. The only thing Oregon courts love more than a liberal cause, is balking when told what to do by another branch of government. 

I do know that she and knute have both refused to comment on the proposed ballot measure, as far as I am aware.  Playing it safe, but I certainly wont be voting for knute in the primaries.

• hkriflenut likes this

#25 ONLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

Posted Mar. 27 2018 - 12:08 AM

I'll send something to OFF come payday. This is an important fight.

Signature:

Flesh Wound

I believe in my God. My County. And Myself.

flag.jpg

The rules. (h/t Graham Combat)

1. NOBODY IS COMING TO SAVE YOU.
2. EVERYTHING IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
3. SAVE WHO NEEDS TO BE SAVED.
4. KILL WHO NEEDS TO BE KILLED.
5. ALWAYS BE WORKING. 

And.... BFYTW.

#26 ONLINE   wish2no

wish2no

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Mar. 27 2018 - 10:40 AM

And it's interesting to note, that Facebook group went from 65k members on Saturday (after being started on Thursday), to over 90k members on Sunday. I think it's probably over 100k by now, and climbing quickly. Even if 25% of the members are liberal plants or from out of the area, that kind of grass-roots response is very encouraging. 

I sent my last $100.00 in to them.  Have car insurance due this payday so will be broke all month, but I will be sending whatever I can whenever I get it these next few months.  Also getting the word out as much as possible.

Signature:

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.”

–  Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

#27 ONLINE   wish2no

wish2no

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Mar. 27 2018 - 12:16 PM

6b832a7f-47f5-4cd3-807b-36602eeab7b6.jpg

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

S.gif

Gun Ban Ballot Measure Update

38f97ac0-f8a8-436b-9275-a3a449dcecaf.jpg

As you probably know, signatures were turned in today to start the process to put a measure on the ballot to ban modern firearms and magazines and make felons out of thousands of law abiding Oregonians.
First, understand that this is not a "bill" and will not be voted on or determined by the governor or legislators.

This will be decided by a vote of the people. That is why it is critical that you be registered to vote.
The measure, which you can see here, even bans things that don't exist like "threaded barrels that accept forward pistol grips."
We want to let you know what to expect and how you can help stop this madness.
After these initial signatures are turned in, the Secretary of State must validate the signatures to determine if there are sufficient qualifying signatures to get a "draft" ballot title.
Then the Attorney General has to create an "impartial" draft ballot title.
After that happens the public will have an opportunity to make comments on the draft ballot title.
For example, if the draft ballot title is "Bans Assault Weapons" a member of the public could object because "assault weapon" is a fictitious term.
The Attorney General  must then consider these comments and  issue a "certified" ballot title.
Given how far left our Attorney General is, you can rest assured it will be misleading at best.
At that point, anyone who submitted comments has standing to challenge the ballot title before Oregon's Supreme Court.
The signature gathering process to actually get the confiscation measure on the ballot cannot begin until this process has run its course.
As this measure moves we will provide you with details of dates and procedures to comment, and if you choose, challenge the title in court.
If you want to see all the details of the process, please download this manual.
Stay tuned. There is a lot of work to do to prevent wholesale confiscations by the state.
If you wish to donate to help stop this measure you can do so here.

#28 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Mar. 30 2018 - 02:47 AM

Yes, the lunacy here is maddening. I fear if we don't nip it now, we're doomed.

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#29 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

Posted Apr. 01 2018 - 05:59 AM

I am hearing some rumblings from the Democrats on this. Apparently they didn't figure on the widespread visceral reaction to this ballot initiative. I have friends of friends within the Multnomah Co. Democrats that are hearing that they want to kill this ballot initiative even before it makes it on the ballot. They got wayyy more pushback, and they're afraid now that if it hits the ballot, it will drive Republicans to the polls in record numbers, and they'll lose the governor's seat, and their lead in the state legislature. Word is, they're worried in known liberal strongholds like Multnomah County, and Lane County. Scuttlebutt is that they won't be funding people to gather signatures, nor assisting with legal representation or funds to fight any legal challenges to getting it on the ballot. 

#30 OFFLINE   Steelborn1

Steelborn1

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Apr. 01 2018 - 07:19 AM

I am hearing some rumblings from the Democrats on this. Apparently they didn't figure on the widespread visceral reaction to this ballot initiative. I have friends of friends within the Multnomah Co. Democrats that are hearing that they want to kill this ballot initiative even before it makes it on the ballot. They got wayyy more pushback, and they're afraid now that if it hits the ballot, it will drive Republicans to the polls in record numbers, and they'll lose the governor's seat, and their lead in the state legislature. Word is, they're worried in known liberal strongholds like Multnomah County, and Lane County. Scuttlebutt is that they won't be funding people to gather signatures, nor assisting with legal representation or funds to fight any legal challenges to getting it on the ballot.

That news almost makes me wanna see it on the ballot.

Signature:
I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!
"Sittin' on 2000 horsepower of nitro injected war machine!"
"Pigs are just life support systems for bacon and BBQ!" Redbarron

#31 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Apr. 01 2018 - 08:29 PM

Well that is certainly good news.

#32 OFFLINE   hkriflenut

hkriflenut

PNW Sasquatch

Posted Apr. 01 2018 - 09:45 PM

I don't think they can legally use paid signature gatherers - they stated on the submission to the SoS that they were not using paid signature gatherers. Of course, Bloomy could pay "volunteers" to come to Oregon and collect signatures, and if it's not the church or chief petitioners paying them, that may be a way around it. 

I am torn - in a way I hope it DOES hit the ballot - because if it does, it may just wind up before SCOTUS and they would have to put the issue to an end - one way or another. On the other hand, it could go very badly not just for us here in liberal occupied territory, but for the rest of the country. Of course, it could gloriously backfire on them, and Oregon may wind up with the first Republican governor since I was 4 years old, along with Republican majority in the house and senate, plus our already Republican SoS. It could turn Oregon a bright red and then the idiots running Portland, Eugene, Salem etc would be on the ropes when all the Sanctuary BS gets tossed, spending on entitlements gets slashed, and we get a 4 year breather from dealing with the worst of the worst the liberals can throw at us. Of course that's a wet dream of conservatives here. 

Signature:
My Klingon Warrior can beat up your Imperial Storm Trooper

I don't care if it's shaped like a penis and you gotta cradle the balls to grip it if it shoots realiably and Glocks do.

#33 OFFLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

Posted Apr. 06 2018 - 09:53 PM

Is there any update on this?

Signature:
Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocolypse? Plagues, famine, Noneya buys a gun...

Pepper

#34 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

Posted Apr. 06 2018 - 10:48 PM

Is there any update on this?

Still in process. No real news other than people getting pissed off. There are rallies going to happen on 4/20 or 21 IIRC. I will be out of town, or I'd be at one of them. 

#35 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Apr. 06 2018 - 11:47 PM

I don't think they can legally use paid signature gatherers - they stated on the submission to the SoS that they were not using paid signature gatherers. Of course, Bloomy could pay "volunteers" to come to Oregon and collect signatures, and if it's not the church or chief petitioners paying them, that may be a way around it. 

I am torn - in a way I hope it DOES hit the ballot - because if it does, it may just wind up before SCOTUS and they would have to put the issue to an end - one way or another. On the other hand, it could go very badly not just for us here in liberal occupied territory, but for the rest of the country. Of course, it could gloriously backfire on them, and Oregon may wind up with the first Republican governor since I was 4 years old, along with Republican majority in the house and senate, plus our already Republican SoS. It could turn Oregon a bright red and then the idiots running Portland, Eugene, Salem etc would be on the ropes when all the Sanctuary BS gets tossed, spending on entitlements gets slashed, and we get a 4 year breather from dealing with the worst of the worst the liberals can throw at us. Of course that's a wet dream of conservatives here. 

Lets say the ballot measure fails to get enough signatures or you guys are able to get it tied up in Court.

They will be back to try again.

Now that you have all this momentum going, the message should be that no matter what happens with the ballot, the conservative 2A supporters still need to go to the polls an throw the rascals out.  You infer that if the ban fails to make it to the ballot people can stand down. 

Hell no, even if the ban fails to make it to the ballot, vote all your liberal urban dwellers out of office while you have the chance.

Just sayin...Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead, no matter what is or is not on the ballot...

Good luck, brothers.

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#36 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Apr. 07 2018 - 12:07 AM

Still in process. No real news other than people getting pissed off. There are rallies going to happen on 4/20 or 21 IIRC. I will be out of town, or I'd be at one of them. 

I think there's a big one 4/14 at the Capitol.

#37 OFFLINE   hkriflenut

hkriflenut

PNW Sasquatch

Posted Apr. 07 2018 - 12:11 AM

Orwgon voters, especially conservatives seem apathetic. Our registered voter turnout is always low, it seems. Damn sad, given the vote by mail system. Its almost like two semis full of ballots just never show up.

Its not that I think we can or should stand down if it fails to hit the ballot, its that I doubt centrists, gun owning dems, or honest to god conservatives will get off our collective asses to boot the entrenched demons in Salem, especially if the winner of the GOP primary is Knute Buelher. Hes thrown in with the anti gun crowd, and has more name recognition than his better equipped (brain wise) opponent Sam Carpenter.  Its like our last governor's election, Kate Brown beat Dr. Bud Pierce because Oregon conservatives didn't mail ballots in. And some refused to vote for him because he refused to endorse Donald Trump.  I liked him standing for his principles, and frankly, I didn't want Trump either. He was better than Hillary, but he's no friend of gun rights either. But my preferred POTUS candidate didn't get the nomination, so I held my nose and voted. I'll do it for Knute, maybe, but Oregon voters are a lazy lot. I'll be surprised if we get 40% turnout unless IP43 and 44 make the ballot. 

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center