Photo

Maiden voyage

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Apr. 14 2018 - 07:11 AM

Boy did I think of you and this thread yesterday.  I took a day off and did a long motorcycle ride.  Crossed over 441 Clignmans Dome a very steep curvy mountain road.  There was this pickup pulling a very large camper in front of us that suddenly pulled over just starting on the downhill side.  I'd never seen so much smoke come out of an engine compartment. 

Of course, I can't say much.  I went through about three transmissions before I developed my never pull anything over half the vehicle tow rating rule myself.

Tj

#22 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Apr. 14 2018 - 11:26 AM

I was thinking about you when the storms rolled thru last night and early this morning. 

Hope all is well.

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#23 ONLINE   calebj06

calebj06

• Group:Members

Posted Apr. 14 2018 - 12:35 PM

I was thinking about you when the storms rolled thru last night and early this morning. 
Hope all is well.

Started raining 5 minutes after everyone left the party.

Was really nice going to sleep listening to the rain on the roof. Storms didnt even wake me up.

#24 ONLINE   calebj06

calebj06

• Group:Members

Posted Apr. 14 2018 - 12:39 PM

Boy did I think of you and this thread yesterday.  I took a day off and did a long motorcycle ride.  Crossed over 441 Clignmans Dome a very steep curvy mountain road.  There was this pickup pulling a very large camper in front of us that suddenly pulled over just starting on the downhill side.  I'd never seen so much smoke come out of an engine compartment. 

Of course, I can't say much.  I went through about three transmissions before I developed my never pull anything over half the vehicle tow rating rule myself.

Tj

Yeah I pulled our skid steer with this truck and it weights more like 15k and that trailer didnt have brakes. That was not a smart move. Cost me a few hundred in new rotors. Wont try that one again.

Edited by calebj06, Apr. 14 2018 - 01:20 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 07:19 AM

Yeah I pulled our skid steer with this truck and it weights more like 15k and that trailer didnt have brakes. That was not a smart move. Cost me a few hundred in new rotors. Wont try that one again.

LOL, Well I almost matched that one too. :D:   Got in a hurry coming down Parson's Branch in the Smokey Mountains once and instead of using low gear and engine braking. I used my brakes. Parson's branch has a number of fords.  Red hot rotors meets ice cold water stream, not good.  Oh its better, Parson's branch dumps you on the Dragon about half way so there I was about a 160 nail biter curves filled with crotch rockets on a suicide mission from a decent road and four warped rotors. Had me going "God please don't let me kill one of these idiots." :laugh:

Tj

#26 ONLINE   Snake46

Snake46

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Apr. 15 2018 - 05:54 PM

Amen, brother..

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center