AR15Armory Announcements

Photo

Second Amendment Foundation Secures Injunction Blocking Deerfield ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Group:Members

Posted Jun. 12 2018 - 08:41 PM

http://www.breitbart...lt-weapons-ban/

"Come and get-some!"

Tector-Gorch-On-The-Gatlin-Gun.gif

• Flesh Wound and bamashooter like this

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Generosity . . . was my first-mistake.  I leave these people with little-bit extra, and then they hire these men to make trouble.

It shows you, sooner or later, you must answer for every good-deed." - Calvera, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"You better wake-up.  The world your living in is just a sugar-coated topping!  There is another world beneath it - the real world.  And if you

want to survive it, you better learn to pull-the-trigger!" - Blade the Daywalker, 'Blade'

#2 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Jun. 12 2018 - 09:21 PM

Great news. Every little victory counts. I saw no mention of the NRA. Did they not "play"?

#3 OFFLINE   specops56

specops56

Posted Jun. 12 2018 - 09:41 PM

Outstanding!

Terry

Signature:

When you find my body, surrounded by expended magazines and hot empty brass, smoke still curling from the barrel..... then you can have it!

#4 ONLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Jun. 12 2018 - 10:06 PM

Hold your horses people.......

Dan posted this........

It has been brought to my attention that this is not actually an injunction but a temporary restraining order. As soon as I can figure out what this means for us, I will update

#5 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Jun. 12 2018 - 10:47 PM

Looks like the judge issued a tro. Big difference but immediate.

Edited by bamashooter, Jun. 12 2018 - 10:49 PM.

#6 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 04:58 AM

Great news. Every little victory counts. I saw no mention of the NRA. Did they not "play"?

I would think they are in the loop through the IRA. 

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#7 OFFLINE   DanR

DanR

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 10:22 AM

The NRA was there but the press does not want to give them any credit for anything but gun misuse.

• bamashooter likes this

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!

I am an analog guy in a digital world! KISS!!!

"The truth may not set you free, but used carefully, it can confuse the hell out of your enemies." Anita Blake

"Blessed be the Lord my rock, who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalms 144:1 (see also Psalms 18:34 and 2 Samuel 22:35)

"Great armies and navies are always tempted to fight the last war...Truly fearsome militaries prepare to fight the next war." Thomas & Barry, 2008

"It matters not that a man dies, for all men die. What matters is just what the man died for."

#8 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 10:39 AM

Wonder if the NRA or SAF is helping us in Oregon with our draconian legislative proposals.  I do know Oregon Firearms Federation is all over it like stink on shat.

Signature:

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.”

–  Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

#9 ONLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 11:11 AM

State NRA is there, not national.

Local press is giving NRA credit.

The NRA was there but the press does not want to give them any credit for anything but gun misuse.

• bamashooter likes this

#10 ONLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 11:14 AM

https://news.vice.co...-go-into-effect

A judge blocked a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in the small town of Deerfield, Illinois, less than 24 hours before it was meant to go into effect.

The decision, handed down Tuesday evening in the 19th Judicial Circuit Court in Lake County, Illinois, is a small victory for gun rights groups, who sued the Chicago suburb in April after it became the first municipality to ban assault weapons following the Feb. 14 Parkland high school shooting. The Deerfield ordinance was passed unanimously by all six board members on April 2.

Gun groups, including the National Rifle Association of Illinois, requested a temporary restraining order against the ban while the lawsuit proceeded.

Had the ban gone into effect, anyone found in possession of an assault weapon after Wednesday, July 13, would have faced a fine of up to $1,000 per day.

“I’m pretty excited,” said John Boch, executive director of Illinois-based gun advocacy and lobbying group Gun Save Life. “I was bracing myself for being disappointed, but it seems the judge looked at our arguments and realized we did indeed have a fair chance at success.”

• bamashooter likes this

#11 OFFLINE   longie

longie

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 11:32 AM

Deerfield is about 20 minutes away from me. Temporary is the key word used

Signature:
I cant figure out how to post pics or change my avatar 🤣

#12 OFFLINE   MadeInUSA

MadeInUSA

• Group:E.S. Staff

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 12:01 PM

It should be thrown out. The law Deerfield is trying to amend is a firearms storage law, not a firearms prohibition law. The IL state preemption says an existing firearms ban can be amended to include ofther firearms.

Signature:
If at first you don't succeed, then bomb disposal isn't for you.
Ignorance can be cured by knowledge, Stupid is Forever.
"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no eyes or ears."

"On every unauthoritative exercise of power by the legislature must the people rise in rebellion or their silence be construed into a surrender of that power to them? If so, how many rebellions should we have had already?"

"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."

#13 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 02:12 PM

Deerfield is about 20 minutes away from me. Temporary is the key word used

It should remain in effect until either the suit is settled out of court or until both parties have presented their case and a judge makes a final ruling; subject to appeal of course.

#14 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 05:13 PM

I'd rather see a 'TRO', than have this 'ordinance' summarily run-up the resident's azzes without a peep!

#15 ONLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 06:55 PM

Dan was just o NRA TV, but I can't pull it up.

35285808_10101894011542529_9031330876385

#16 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Jun. 13 2018 - 09:02 PM

Rampy, you have to register at NRA TV in order to view the selections:  ask me how I know?  :laugh: 

#17 ONLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Jun. 14 2018 - 04:05 AM

https://www.nratv.co...rights-champion

#18 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Jun. 14 2018 - 04:51 AM

Wonder if the NRA or SAF is helping us in Oregon with our draconian legislative proposals.  I do know Oregon Firearms Federation is all over it like stink on shat.

The NRA filed a "friend of the court" brief, explaining why the ballot title needs to be re-written before they can start collecting signatures. It's basically a delaying tactic to ensure that they have as little time as possible to collect signatures. They have until July 8th to collect them all and have them turned in to the Secretary of State. They may only get a few weeks to collect signatures, and even then, they'll face legal hurdles to getting them all certified. In reality, they'll need to collect 150% of the required signatures, at a minimum. 2-3x the required signatures is usually the norm, to ensure that they have enough valid signatures. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"
- Einstein

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#19 OFFLINE   HAZMAT

HAZMAT

Posted Jun. 14 2018 - 08:23 AM

I love that movie, " The Wild Bunch ".   :segrin:

Matt

Signature:

Land & Marine Transportation Emergency Response ( Retired ) Petroleum Fire Fighting, HAZMAT and Marine Spill Response.

Space Shuttle Columbia Recovery Team,  Corsicana, Texas  ICP.  2003

Benefactor Member: NRA

Valhalla, I am coming !  ...........................................Led Zeppelin

#20 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Jun. 14 2018 - 09:37 AM

The NRA filed a "friend of the court" brief, explaining why the ballot title needs to be re-written before they can start collecting signatures. It's basically a delaying tactic to ensure that they have as little time as possible to collect signatures. They have until July 8th to collect them all and have them turned in to the Secretary of State. They may only get a few weeks to collect signatures, and even then, they'll face legal hurdles to getting them all certified. In reality, they'll need to collect 150% of the required signatures, at a minimum. 2-3x the required signatures is usually the norm, to ensure that they have enough valid signatures. 

I hope you are correct.  This is the first time I have felt really threatened by pending legislation.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center