Custom 1911 Grips

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

• Group:Members

Posted Jul. 09 2018 - 12:01 AM

Somewhere I have a block of Purple Heart (Purple Amaranth heart wood) that I want to slab for grips. The plan is to make one pair for a 1911, and another for my Colt SA.

But, I really like those Wedgewood grips. Do you guys do any without the burn?

Signature:

I Will NOT Comply!

"You came here lookin' for a killin'. If you stick around there's going to be some. I don't know any plainer way to put it."

John Payne as Vint Bonner ~ Restless Gun

STx4pQP.gif

Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal

So Suck It Up Buttercup!

Do you really think you can drop us all?                                                   

You're first, he's next...are you going to care what happens after that?

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"

~Thomas Jefferson~

#22 OFFLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Jul. 09 2018 - 01:24 AM

Well I guess I am being ignored. I appologize if wanting to modify them offends you, just trying to fulfil my customers request...

Signature:
Ill have those n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years. Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

#23 OFFLINE   gshayd

gshayd

Crazy as a craphouse rat

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Jul. 10 2018 - 02:23 AM

He made the grips and finished off my Bowie Knife. If you buy a pair of grips you won't be disappointed by them. You will be very happy. I didn't give him any particular specifications but the knife came back with grips just like I would have designed them.

Edited by gshayd, Jul. 10 2018 - 02:24 AM.

Signature:

NRA 4 Life

As it will be in the future it was at the birth of Man

There are only four things certain since Social Progress began

That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire.

And the burnt Fool's Bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the fire

"It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer “universal health care.”  Dr Thomas Sowell

#24 OFFLINE   jchtrh

jchtrh

"Tribesman"

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Jul. 11 2018 - 12:25 AM

Somewhere I have a block of Purple Heart (Purple Amaranth heart wood) that I want to slab for grips. The plan is to make one pair for a 1911, and another for my Colt SA.
But, I really like those Wedgewood grips. Do you guys do any without the burn?

I can make grips at your request, I do also have Purple Heart, but would like to see what your piece looks like.

Well I guess I am being ignored. I appologize if wanting to modify them offends you, just trying to fulfil my customers request...

I just PM’d you back, I was in Texas this past week and just returned yesterday evening. I apologize if my lack of response over the weekend gave you perception that I was ignoring you. That is not the way I operate, hopefully what I sent you clarifies your question.

Signature:
“If you are going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy"
Martin Luther King Jr.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
George Carlin

My State is BIGGER than yours!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

#25 OFFLINE   jchtrh

jchtrh

"Tribesman"

Posted Jul. 11 2018 - 12:27 AM

He made the grips and finished off my Bowie Knife. If you buy a pair of grips you won't be disappointed by them. You will be very happy. I didn't give him any particular specifications but the knife came back with grips just like I would have designed them.

Thank you, I am happy you like them. If there is any issues with them, let me know.

#26 OFFLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

Posted Jul. 11 2018 - 12:29 AM

I can make grips at your request, I do also have Purple Heart, but would like to see what your piece looks like.

I just PM’d you back, I was in Texas this past week and just returned yesterday evening. I apologize if my lack of response over the weekend gave you perception that I was ignoring you. That is not the way I operate, hopefully what I sent you clarifies your question.

no problem, I was more concered that I offended your craftsmanship by wantkng to make some changes. Either way i have ran some test run on horn and it seems to work satisfactorily, just neevous about trying it out on a 400 dollar piece lol.

#27 OFFLINE   jchtrh

jchtrh

"Tribesman"

Posted Jul. 11 2018 - 12:32 AM

no problem, I was more concered that I offended your craftsmanship by wantkng to make some changes. Either way i have ran some test run on horn and it seems to work satisfactorily, just neevous about trying it out on a 400 dollar piece lol.

If it helps, I tried “branding”my logo onto the ivory and it turned out ok, not great. I think with any heat there may be bleed off that can’t be polished off or make clean lines.

Can you find a tooth that you can do a test on?

#28 OFFLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

Posted Jul. 11 2018 - 12:34 AM

If it helps, I tried “branding”my logo onto the ivory and it turned out ok, not great. I think with any heat there may be bleed off that can’t be polished off or make clean lines.
Can you find a tooth that you can do a test on?

i’ll ask around, i bet i can find a tooth farely easy

#29 OFFLINE   jchtrh

jchtrh

"Tribesman"

Posted Jul. 11 2018 - 12:35 AM

All, let me know if the fractal burning is just not appealing. I like the way it looks and seeing them in person only does them justice. If you would like a set made without the burn, let me know.

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center