AR15Armory Announcements

Photo

Will this work?

24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   MadeInUSA

MadeInUSA

• Group:E.S. Staff

Posted Jul. 13 2018 - 07:13 AM

I do know the 7x11 interior size is going to limit me to what size meat will fit. I want to do ribs mostly.........but I need someone to say "NO! it wont work" before I scrap all hope of making this work. I have scrapped my original "h" shape for the horizontal double stack. My fire box is triple the size of what the calculators want but I know I can make that work....it's just the air flow I'm worried about now. I already have the entire trailer designed in my head.  I have the charcoal trays and venting designed, I have the way I want to burn the fuel designed and the layout of all the work areas and things I want on the trailer. The only thing I have not designed in my head is the type of doors I want on the ends of the box tube for the fire box and cooking chamber. I need an axle, suspension, and a hitch to make the trailer and I have all the rest of the material I need to make the framework. The smoker will be sideways directly over the axle and tires. 

I have put feelers out on a smoking forum to get anyone to poo poo the idea and so far it's been crickets from the members.  

What im saying is it wont work well at all. Look at all of the work you have to do to build this. Is it worth it to get a mediocre smoker?

Even on my Bradly smoker. If i put the meat to close to another hunk of meat, the smoke taste is very much lacking.

Signature:
If at first you don't succeed, then bomb disposal isn't for you.
Ignorance can be cured by knowledge, Stupid is Forever.
"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no eyes or ears."

"On every unauthoritative exercise of power by the legislature must the people rise in rebellion or their silence be construed into a surrender of that power to them? If so, how many rebellions should we have had already?"

"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."

#22 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Jul. 13 2018 - 10:19 AM

What im saying is it wont work well at all. Look at all of the work you have to do to build this. Is it worth it to get a mediocre smoker?

Even on my Bradly smoker. If i put the meat to close to another hunk of meat, the smoke taste is very much lacking.

That's what I needed to hear. 

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Died, buried, rotted, caved in, back filled, paved over, and forgotten.

#23 OFFLINE   MadeInUSA

MadeInUSA

• Group:E.S. Staff

Posted Jul. 13 2018 - 03:47 PM

I think the idea of a smoker trailer is awesome, you just need the right materials. Maybe you could scrounge up a couple 55gal drum and use those big arse hunks of steel as the fire box.

#24 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Jul. 16 2018 - 02:27 PM

I think the idea of a smoker trailer is awesome, you just need the right materials. Maybe you could scrounge up a couple 55gal drum and use those big arse hunks of steel as the fire box.

I have been playing around with the online calculators for smokers and plugged in all the info that I wanted for what material I have. It gave me numbers to start with. I know that my design of stacking two horizontal tubes up will work as it is basically just two reverse flow smokers put back to back. The unknown is the fire box directly under the cook chamber and the friction loss from the distance the smoke needs to travel to exit the smoker. I am going to stack the tubes up later in the year and mock it up and do a test burn through it to see if it will flow. I'll set bricks in the cook chamber to simulate food and take up air space. I should be able to probe the chamber for temps on one end and get an idea of how well it heats up and flows. 

I can play with leaving a gap between the fire tube and the cook tube if it gets too hot in the cook side. There will be 1" of metal between the two sides as it is.  Nothing else it gives my mind something to do.....I like doing something that I'm told won't work and making it work better than expected. For now it's all on hold until I can stack the tubes up and light a fire in them to see how it will flow.  It will be a rib and flat food smoker only as that small size cook chamber won't handle a big fat chunk of meat for sure. 

So, I'm not building it with that original metal or design in my first post.....I'm just playing with numbers and having some fun with that original metal  :laugh:

#25 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Jul. 16 2018 - 03:46 PM

Found this you might find interesting...http://texasbbqforum...pic.php?t=22289

Signature:

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.”

–  Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Reply to this topic

Forum Statistics

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center