Academy Sports manager fired after tackling gun theft suspect

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

• Group:Members

Posted Jul. 11 2018 - 10:04 PM

https://www.tallahas...pect/772900002/

"Academy Sports spokeswoman Elise Hasbrook said she could not comment on specific personnel matters or policies.  

However, Crouch’s actions and his termination were handled in accordance with the Texas-based company’s policies."

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero, Jul. 11 2018 - 10:06 PM.

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Generosity . . . was my first-mistake.  I leave these people with little-bit extra, and then they hire these men to make trouble.

It shows you, sooner or later, you must answer for every good-deed." - Calvera, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"You better wake-up.  The world your living in is just a sugar-coated topping!  There is another world beneath it - the real world.  And if you

want to survive it, you better learn to pull-the-trigger!" - Blade the Daywalker, 'Blade'

#2 ONLINE   ScoutnUSA

ScoutnUSA

Posted Jul. 11 2018 - 10:44 PM

Wow!! This managers actions likely saved peoples lives and this is how he is thanked? Amazing.

Darrell

#3 ONLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Jul. 11 2018 - 10:44 PM

If he needs a job I need some help up here. I am sure he will be swamped with offers closer to home. Good employees are hard to find.

And the scumbag perp needs to die in jail. He won't be rehabilitated except by assuming room temperature. But he will get out some day and kill someone and the left will scream at us and say that guns are the problem.

• Flesh Wound likes this

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

I mean if you are going to go potato go full potato.

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#4 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 06:08 AM

I think this young man will end up with a better job than the one he had,

faster than you can say "catch and release". 

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#5 OFFLINE   Snake46

Snake46

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 06:14 AM

But if you're a mask wearing basement dwelling SJW you're a hero..

#6 OFFLINE   andy2205

andy2205

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 07:46 AM

If you are interested in contacting Academy Sports concerning their actions, here is the only contact link I could find to pose a question. Mine has already been submitted. Although the store is not exactly local to me, 90 miles away, I have been there as a customer.

https://academy.cust...DM0USUyMSUyMQ==

Signature:

0xCkRE3.png

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
George Orwell

"Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

"I don't get that -- people going to war over religion. I don't know, I could see going to war over justice or democracy or even revenge. But if you're going to war over religion, now you're just killing people in an argument over who has the better imaginary friend." Richard Jeni

#7 OFFLINE   TomJefferson

TomJefferson

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 07:50 AM

Heard about that.  That sucks!

Tj

#8 OFFLINE   DanR

DanR

• Group:Banned

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 02:57 PM

Liability law problems that should never been allowed to happen.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!

I am an analog guy in a digital world! KISS!!!

"The truth may not set you free, but used carefully, it can confuse the hell out of your enemies." Anita Blake

"Blessed be the Lord my rock, who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalms 144:1 (see also Psalms 18:34 and 2 Samuel 22:35)

"Great armies and navies are always tempted to fight the last war...Truly fearsome militaries prepare to fight the next war." Thomas & Barry, 2008

"It matters not that a man dies, for all men die. What matters is just what the man died for."

#9 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

Posted Jul. 12 2018 - 03:52 PM

37000402_2133262733369545_64688528123431

• Flesh Wound and bamashooter like this

Signature:

Lighten up Francis! "

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin FranklinA"

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. 

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  

Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg     

Bossiershreveportmudbuglogo.png

#10 OFFLINE   muzlblast

muzlblast

Posted Jul. 13 2018 - 02:31 PM

While I think that was stupid decision it is their right to fire the guy. I also think as ret said manager will probably be seeing some good job offers very soon and good riddance to academy sports. I have no doubt he saved some lives and put his own safety in the backseat by stopping this guy. Hopefully the store will feel some serious heat from their idiotic decision to fire the man.

#11 OFFLINE   hzhardy

hzhardy

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Jul. 13 2018 - 03:02 PM

Sounds like a guy who would be an outstanding officer. I hear florida has a great pension plan for LEO!
  • bamashooter likes this

Signature:
Ill have those n*****s voting Democratic for the next 200 years. Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

#12 OFFLINE   glock45

glock45

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Jul. 13 2018 - 04:44 PM

If we had many more young men like this Muslims would not be coming here!

#13 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Jul. 13 2018 - 07:19 PM

Sounds like a guy who would be an outstanding officer. I hear florida has a great pension plan for LEO!

Evidently.

Signature:

This is my last build.

#14 OFFLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Jul. 13 2018 - 07:22 PM

Rehired after backlash. I'd have told them to pound sand.

https://www.tallahas...haha/782368002/

#15 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

Posted Jul. 13 2018 - 08:18 PM

Now that he sold his house. bastiages.

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center