Project Appleseed ARMORY SHOOT NRAWC COOPER RANGE Aug 4-5, 2018

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   TaosGlock

TaosGlock

Senior Rifle Instructor: RWVA

• Group:10mm Staff

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 05:27 PM

Since I got in first, I will start our in house AAR.

Here is the Appleseed AAR:

https://appleseedinf...58756#msg358756

The other thread is closed BTW.

Group pic Sunday night at the Mexican Cafe of Casa Lemus:

Steelborn1, newbe, BlueFeather (Mrs. TG), TaosGlock, Casper, redbarron06.
T1EHgJ.jpg

• Srgt. Hulka and Flesh Wound like this

Signature:

FEMA REGION 6 "Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals. They broke the law, because freedom is always illegal.  Larken Rose

Luck is where skill and opportunity meet. Join me for 2 days here at the most beautiful range in the world, the NRA Whittington Center: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=40690.msg291022#msg291022 

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=47208.0

Or for 3 days here:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=29768.0 NM  

Or here for our new Unknown Distance event: http://appleseedinfo...p?topic=46934.0

Certified New Mexico Hunter Education Instructor.

Camp Director: National Rifle Association Whittington Center's Adventure Camp

byu4Rf.jpg

L5hhT5.jpg

#2 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 05:30 PM

I like the group pic. Be safe, fire 'em up, and hope ya'll are enjoying yourselves. :)

Signature:

This is my last build.

#3 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 05:31 PM

Nice.  Sure hope you all had fun and a great time.

Signature:

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.”

–  Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

#4 OFFLINE   GLShooter

GLShooter

• Group:Armory Staff

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 05:31 PM

Looks like quite a motley crew band of shooters.. That's a band, right? :tiphat:

Greg

Enjoy the fun y'all.

Signature:
The best gun for self defense? Any loaded one will do.

#5 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 05:35 PM

Was a GREAT time!

If Taos and his wife are willing to put one of these on again, I'd HIGHLY recommend you make it!

Great folks, every single one of them!

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#6 ONLINE   TaosGlock

TaosGlock

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 05:36 PM

We will get more pics up later when we all get home and caught up with work.

As of now the rest of the group is still on the road or in the air.

Be safe you guys still traveling home!

To be sure, it was the event of a lifetime.

One of camaraderie, patriotism and marksmanship.

Brothers in arms for sure!

• Flesh Wound, Snake46 and bamashooter like this

#7 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

• Group:Members

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 05:52 PM

Steelborn1 looks like someone left redbarron6 in the dryer too long.  :hysterical3:

• MontanaLon, Steelborn1 and Flesh Wound like this

Signature:

I Will NOT Comply!

"You came here lookin' for a killin'. If you stick around there's going to be some. I don't know any plainer way to put it."

John Payne as Vint Bonner ~ Restless Gun

STx4pQP.gif

Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal

So Suck It Up Buttercup!

Do you really think you can drop us all?                                                   

You're first, he's next...are you going to care what happens after that?

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"

~Thomas Jefferson~

#8 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 06:05 PM

I'm glad you guys had a great time.  Can't wait to see all the pics.  

Signature:

Lighten up Francis! "

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin FranklinA"

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. 

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  

Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg     

Bossiershreveportmudbuglogo.png

#9 ONLINE   TaosGlock

TaosGlock

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 06:21 PM

Group pic:

newbe, Casper, TG, red with targets shot at 500 yards.

All groups from these guys were hovering around half minute! More on that later.

567AMy.jpg

BlueFeather, Casper, red, newbe

SPaR0g.jpg

BlueFeather watches the line. This is the first shot string after the first instructional block.
There is a lot that goes into making a rifle shoot well, the handler being first on the list.

Learn to drive a rifle or you will ride a boxcar.
pQ2RCO.jpg

• Srgt. Hulka, Flesh Wound and bamashooter like this

#10 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 06:57 PM

"Ready on the left, ready on the right ......." Sweet.

#11 OFFLINE   MadeInUSA

MadeInUSA

• Group:G.D. Staff

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 07:06 PM

Man, i sure wish i could of made it out there. Looks like yall had a great time with some world class instructors!

Signature:
If at first you don't succeed, then bomb disposal isn't for you.
Ignorance can be cured by knowledge, Stupid is Forever.
"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no eyes or ears."
I
"I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit."

"Cultivators of the earth are the most valuable citizens. They are the most vigorous, the most independant, the most virtuous, and they are tied to their country and wedded to it's liberty and interests by the most lasting bands."

#12 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 07:09 PM

Man, i sure wish i could of made it out there. Looks like yall had a great time with some world class instructors!

No kidding! A trip like that is on my bucket list. :old1:

#13 OFFLINE   Zephyr One/Zero

Zephyr One/Zero

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 07:14 PM

Looks like you guys and gal, had a literal blast.  Good pics, thanks for posting.

Signature:

"Cram-it up your . . . cramhole, La Fleur!" - White Goodman, 'Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story'

"Well, we share very few sentiments with our government." - Pike Bishop, 'The Wild Bunch'

"It's never personal, it's always business!" - Nino Brown, 'New Jack City'

"Your an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill." - Col. Kurtz, 'Apocalypse Now' 

"Even if you tie me, your gonna be dead! - John Russell, 'Hombre'

"Ben Trane.  I don't trust him. He likes people, and you can never count on a man like that!" - Joe Erin, 'Vera Cruz'

"We're after men - and I wish to God, I was with them.  The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride-off, and let you die!" - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'

"After thirty years; I'll not bargain with a rogue at the final hour!" - John Brown of Kansas, 'Santa Fe Trail'

"I've learned to live in the 'white man's world'. Grab all you can, anytime you can!" - Levi Walking-Bear, 'The War Wagon'

"I never rode shotgun on a hearse before." - Vin Tanner, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"Let's just say I'm on your side, and this is no job for amateurs." - Cole Thornton, 'El Dorado'

"Every man should have a little taste of power before he's through!" - Nathan Burdette, 'Rio Bravo'

"Generosity . . . was my first-mistake.  I leave these people with little-bit extra, and then they hire these men to make trouble.

It shows you, sooner or later, you must answer for every good-deed." - Calvera, 'The Magnificent Seven'

"You better wake-up.  The world your living in is just a sugar-coated topping!  There is another world beneath it - the real world.  And if you

want to survive it, you better learn to pull-the-trigger!" - Blade the Daywalker, 'Blade'

#14 ONLINE   Casper

Casper

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 08:13 PM

This was my first time shooting over 200 yards. And I had only done that with a red dot on my AR. I had zeroed my Savage 10 at 100 yards before this trip. Nothing longer than that.

Thanks to great instructors and great spotters, I was soon hitting gongs at 500 and 1300 yards. By the time we went back to 300 or 400 yards, it seemed easy.

By the end, we could all hit clay pigeons at 400 and 500 yards. I never thought that was possible in my first weekend of shooting over 100 yards with a brand new rifle and scope.

And the facilities were really nice too. Clean, organized and full of history with the help of our Appleseed instructors.

I plan to bring my kids back here when they're mature enough.

My thanks to everyone who was able to show up, it was a great time.

Signature:
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for."

#15 OFFLINE   redbarron06

redbarron06

FATALITY!!!

• Group:G.D. Staff

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 09:05 PM

Just got back to the hotel and unloaded the truck.  Still have a rifle to clean, bags to unpack and other stuff to do.  

I am exhausted but I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  I can not say enough about Taos and the MRS.  They know how to show shooters a good time.  The facility is by far the most impressive I have ever been too and even still this morning I was awe struck by the terrain and scenery of that part of NM.

For those that did not show, you missed one hell of a good time all around.  Each day was filled with challenges, rewards, and education.

I'll post up more later but the work is not over yet.

Signature:
Posted Image

DUSTOFF IS “REQUEST PRESENT POSITION DEPARTURE FOR URGENT 9-LINE”

If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me! -- Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 09:13 PM

That place looks awesome. I'd love to go if it happens again and life doesn't get in the way. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"

- Einstein

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

-Ernest Hemingway

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#17 ONLINE   NONEYA

NONEYA

Damn Business

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 09:20 PM

Looks like a place that everybody could enjoy themselves.

Signature:
Isn't that one of the seven signs of the coming apocolypse? Plagues, famine, Noneya buys a gun...

Pepper

#18 OFFLINE   Steelborn1

Steelborn1

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 10:12 PM

This was my first time shooting over 200 yards. And I had only done that with a red dot on my AR. I had zeroed my Savage 10 at 100 yards before this trip. Nothing longer than that.
Thanks to great instructors and great spotters, I was soon hitting gongs at 500 and 1300 yards. By the time we went back to 300 or 400 yards, it seemed easy.
By the end, we could all hit clay pigeons at 400 and 500 yards. I never thought that was possible in my first weekend of shooting over 100 yards with a brand new rifle and scope.
And the facilities were really nice too. Clean, organized and full of history with the help of our Appleseed instructors.
I plan to bring my kids back here when they're mature enough.
My thanks to everyone who was able to show up, it was a great time.

Violet is still talking about how nice and smart you are. Lol. Thanks for impressing my daughter!

I was only able to make it the very last day and for a couple of hours. It was still worth it. These guys had me hitting a target at 1100 yards. Longest I have ever shot. Even made a hit with irons. I can only imagine what the entire weekend would have done for me.

The wife was so impressed with the facilities she said I can quit my job next year if I have to do that I can make it. Taos and Blue are super nice and extremely talented instructors. Thank you for your efforts. They are truly appreciated.

Signature:
I WILL NOT COMPLY!!!!
"Sittin' on 2000 horsepower of nitro injected war machine!"
"Pigs are just life support systems for bacon and BBQ!" Redbarron

#19 ONLINE   Casper

Casper

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 10:36 PM

Steel,

Your daughters were cracking me up! You can tell there's a lot of love in your family. When Violet told me she wasn't sure the tooth fairy was real, I about died laughing. Just the way she told her story and gave her facts was awesome.

I can't imagine those two as teenagers. Good luck! You'll need it. :laugh:
  • Steelborn1 likes this

#20 ONLINE   TaosGlock

TaosGlock

Posted Aug. 06 2018 - 10:46 PM

Not everything is what it seems. Death waits on the Whittington Plains.

These antelope were spooked and ran within 10 feet of the firing line. We were not shooting but it surprised us.

They went down to the water hole about 10 yards from the end of our firing line where redbaron06 was shooting.

A few does visited off and on all weekend as well.

Note the foreleg in the lower right.

Mountain lion roam this particular valley and over the years I have seen numerous lion kills.

I have an elk and deer rack from two lion kills here at home.

They live in the buttes and valleys at the end of the range.

When setting steel last month for this shoot I noticed lion scat in places that were good ambush sites.

This group of antelope was two females and three young ones.

YRutPZ.jpg

• Flesh Wound and Joel74 like this

Forum Statistics

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center