AR15Armory Announcements

Photo

4 position or 3 position holsters - anybody got one ?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   MnP4me

MnP4me

• Group:Members

Posted Aug. 12 2018 - 12:05 PM

Its not a big gun comparatively speaking........

Im just getting home after spending the night in thr Snowy mountain range stargazing watching a meteor shower....

This is bear/mountain lion country, lots of wild critters this year.....

2 guys had 1911s in leather OWB holsters, 1 guy had a XD IWB, one guy had a 4 44mag in a chest holster....

I had a Glock 19 with RMR, U300A 500lm light and KKM Comp barrel in. Raven OWB holster and nobody knew I was carrying till 1930 & we started at a coffee shop at 1300 and this is not a small package......

Oh and I also had a Bereta 1301 with 4 slugs and 2 OO buck & Nods.....and SureFire 1k luman flashlight......

SOB carry is very dangerous, I know 2 people who have had back surgery for falling on handcuffs worn SOB when fighting with a perp...if you like walking then dont SOB carry...

Ive had 3 fusions and looking at a 4th, once they cut you open its a living hell....and will never get better.....I cant carry my 1911s any more for more than 2-3 hours & still walk the next day....thr G19 is much lighter and better in this.....

3 in one holsters do nothing very good and everything crappy....Ive tried them in the past.

However, Im new at carrying concealed, been doing it professionally for 20 years starting in 1983 & got my 1st civilian CCP in 1985 and have had it ever since except when overseas and it expired....

Ive concealed a Beretta 92 in a suit & in dockers & polo shirt stateside and in several very anti gun countries when nobody knew I had it till it was needed.

With all the excellent holsters in the market today, why go cheap, why spend pennies on a holster thats meh instead of a excellent one thats designed for your needs.

Anybody who puts a $600 dollar gun into a $35 dollar holster is a fool and if you botch about a $100 holster being expensive for your $900 1911 your a freaking idiot.....

But what do I know, Im still learning every day & know very little compared to some friends.

You do know Stephen Hawking died, right?

:tiphat:

• Rampy likes this

Signature:
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

#22 OFFLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Aug. 12 2018 - 12:47 PM

Ive always called a spade a spade....a chainsaw a chainsaw....

Its freaking stupid and very dangerous to shove a plastic/metal rod down your barrel aspart of a holster just like its ignorant to have a exposured trigger 99.9% of the time...

If your such a delicate wall flower that straight up serious words offend you,, well you have issues.....

People are emotional critters, they dont like being told they like/purchased junk, but how do you sugar coat that ca being straight up....

Blow smoke up somebodys skirt to make them feel good, or be honest.....

AIWB carry with mag attached to the holster was made popular by a ex magpul guy who has lots of videos & such and even that has not stood the test of time except with a bunch of die had shooters who refuse to learn no tricks...

Delicate wall flower ?

Plastic rod up the barrel with exposed trigger?

Who said a word about that?

I agreed with you on virtually every point, I was just not an AH about it.

That make's you a man's man, huh ?

Go back to bed and realize people are not going to benefit from your 

experience when they have you on ignore. 

Edited by Retcop, Aug. 12 2018 - 12:49 PM.

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#23 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Aug. 12 2018 - 02:09 PM

Not tracking here, do not understand the reference.

You do know Stephen Hawking died, right?
:tiphat:

#24 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Aug. 12 2018 - 02:20 PM

Your missing what Im saying, I dont care if somebody puts me on ignore, they are a delicate wallflower and got feelings hurt....boooo hoooo

Versa holster, ones mentioned above.........they got their start shoving a plastic rod down the barrel with a clip, thrn later added a trigger guard and now they have a metal rod shoved down the barrel...thats beyond freaking ignorant....

Andnthey copied other holsters with thr mag pouch/holster combo & that combo was discontinued by who they copied it from.

Mans man, nope Im a nobody with a smidgen more experience than a few people and no experience compared to a shat load of shooters.....

People want to ignore me, great Ive got no problem with that, people want to pretend Im a stupid arsehole & ignore me....agsin, more power to thrm....its no skin off my teeth if they are pussies and get butt hhurt from what I say & dontnlrsrn dnithing.....

Delicate wall flower ?

Plastic rod up the barrel with exposed trigger?
Who said a word about that?

I agreed with you on virtually every point, I was just not an AH about it.
That make's you a man's man, huh ?
Go back to bed and realize people are not going to benefit from your 
experience when they have you on ignore. 

#25 OFFLINE   MnP4me

MnP4me

Posted Aug. 12 2018 - 04:50 PM

Not tracking here, do not understand the reference.

I'll call it a H.A.L.O. comment.

Let's try an easy analogy.

If I believed all the trash talk spewed at both Harley Davidson motorcycles and their riders by those that never owned one, I'd never have bought one. I did my own research before I bought one. Reassured that much had changed between a 1940s HD and a 21st century model, and settled on a Sportster. I'm on my 3rd one now and extremely happy with it, just like the other 2 I've owned. I consider them a thing of beauty and elegance, a joy to ride and very reliable.

Obviously the HD haters wouldn't be impressed by anyone's opinion besides their own, certainly not mine. HDs aren't for everyone, but only an arrogant A**hole would say they're junk, and no one should be stupid enough to own one.

I've learned to be very skeptical of anyone whose arrogance makes their own opinions divine.

Edited by MnP4me, Aug. 12 2018 - 04:57 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Aug. 12 2018 - 08:48 PM

Or is it more like in over 35 years of concealed carry, both professional and as a citizen, 35 years of taking classes, learning holsters and belts and different firearms. spending more time off duty learning and growing in professional development. Taking classes from many different sources,  learning what works and does not work......what to look for in a holster and why....What's quality and what's shat and why/how to tell them apart..having purchased cheap nylon holsters and having them fail at some most inconvenient time...

Why is it somebody who's "profession" and day job that puts food on the table & pays bills......that has nothing to do with firearms......somebody who spends a few hours a week on line and reading gun mags and thinks they know more than professionals with a attitude that comes from doing and not reading...

The ignorant call it arrogance, others call it knowing what it's like to look the elephant in the eye and walk away, somebody that has nothing to prove, somebody that has burnt cordite in order to stay alive are looked down upon, called names, told they are not nice, they scare off people, they are mouthy and bullheaded

So some people are blunt and don't give a shat about peoples feelings, feelings get you killed....emotions get you killed...it's called a gunfight for a reason & on top of that it's a ugly freaking fight for your lie that will leave scars....

Then here you have a 20 year HVAC guy, who has taken a concealed carry class, shoots a few hundred rounds every 6 month  and has no idea what he does not know but is so arrogant he refuses to listen and learn from the prick bastiage with retired federal law enforcement credentials and does no even need a concealed carry permit & who has forgotten more than the HVAC guy will ever know....

It's not arrogance, it's the internet making people stupid without their realizing it & refusing to turn off the computer and take real firearms classes from real instructors & not some NRA weekend warrior instructor who stopped his professional development the day he got his NRA instructor credentials.....

Pepper can put the attitude better into words, what some prick bastiage military cop turned fire fighter turned medic has for an attitude, somebody who knows vs does not know...somebody who has tasted death who does not give a shat about anybody feelings as that's what get's you killed....

Yep, it's a attitude, but one from knowledge and having nothing to prove vs being a arrogant prick bastiage......

I've learned to be very skeptical of anyone whose arrogance makes their own opinions divine.

#27 OFFLINE   Rampy

Rampy

Banned

Posted Aug. 12 2018 - 08:54 PM

Oh and by the way, a Sportster is not a real HD, they are kids bikes & ladies bikes....and those who can't ride a big boys bike.

Show up to Sturgis or other hard core HD bikers event on a Sporster, you trailer ed it in and did not ride it unless local to semi local....and laughed at cuz you can't ride it in....

I'll call it a H.A.L.O. comment.

Let's try an easy analogy.

If I believed all the trash talk spewed at both Harley Davidson motorcycles and their riders by those that never owned one, I'd never have bought one. I did my own research before I bought one. Reassured that much had changed between a 1940s HD and a 21st century model, and settled on a Sportster. I'm on my 3rd one now and extremely happy with it, just like the other 2 I've owned. I consider them a thing of beauty and elegance, a joy to ride and very reliable.

Obviously the HD haters wouldn't be impressed by anyone's opinion besides their own, certainly not mine. HDs aren't for everyone, but only an arrogant A**hole would say they're junk, and no one should be stupid enough to own one.

#28 OFFLINE   MnP4me

MnP4me

Posted Aug. 12 2018 - 10:51 PM

I had to skim those last posts. Life is too short to waste it on that nonsense.

You've obviously got a compulsion to do what you do.

Edited by MnP4me, Aug. 13 2018 - 12:02 AM.

#29 ONLINE   bamashooter

bamashooter

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Aug. 13 2018 - 08:31 PM

Sportsters are fun as hell. Bought a new 883 (XLH) when I came home from Vietnam and decades later a 1200. Loved 'em both. Still have my 03 anniversary model RK Classic which is a fine skooter but lots of fond memories of my Sportsters.

Aw yes, holsters. My go to is my old Don Hume slider. Holds from my 3.5s to my 5s. Cheap but still in excellent condition and cinches up very well. I invented in my mind the perfect owb holster years ago. One of these days I might bring it up for discussion.

Signature:

This is my last build.

#30 OFFLINE   MnP4me

MnP4me

Posted Yesterday, 04:51 PM

The holster arrive FedEx today.

Nice thick cowhide, and stiff. Still the gun fit fine with no struggle holstering it.

While I haven't found any reviews on this particular holster, other brands and styles have had complaints about thumb break snaps scratching the finish of the weapons. Granted, this is day 1, but currently the snap does not contact the gun itself(a plus). And if it does, it appears to have a plastic cover/finish on it, that is non-magnetic(another plus).

So far I've tried canted and vertical holster positions and both seem OK. It's tough feeding a belt through the slots, but a tight fit makes for a more stable holster.

So far, so good. Hopefully I'll take it out for a days use soon.

Edited by MnP4me, Yesterday, 04:52 PM.

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center