Texas DPS shootout helicopter video

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

• Group:Moderator

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 01:28 PM

As always be careful out there guys and gals. Stuff gets out of hand in a hurry sometimes. The perp (now dead) took rounds from an AR armed trooper after shooting another trooper.

Taking out the trash Texas style.

• Snake46 likes this

Signature:

Flesh Wound

I believe in my God. My County. And Myself.

flag.jpg

I do not burn bridges. I just loosen the bolts a bit every day.

Stop the Bad People. Help the Good People. Aid the needy people, where possible.

Good times create weak men. Weak men create bad times. Bad times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

#2 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 02:30 PM

Glad it worked out like it did....

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Died, buried, rotted, caved in, back filled, paved over, and forgotten.

#3 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 02:33 PM

Look at his stance. He knew, at least at one point, what he was doing. Using two hands, a good isosceles stance, probably using his sights, at least a little bit, shooting from behind cover. Yeah, he knew he was going to get deaded, but he also knew he wanted to take someone with him. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"

- Einstein

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

-Ernest Hemingway

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#4 ONLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 02:38 PM

Just thought of something....

In the cover image for the video you can see the crosshairs from the helo's camera. Too bad that was not the pipper for a Hellfire.

#5 OFFLINE   meh77gmc

meh77gmc

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 02:50 PM

Look at his stance. He knew, at least at one point, what he was doing. Using two hands, a good isosceles stance, probably using his sights, at least a little bit, shooting from behind cover. Yeah, he knew he was going to get deaded, but he also knew he wanted to take someone with him. 

And the injured trooper had his sidearm up and aiming when he took the bullet to the arm. He was real close to it being a head shot. I'm glad it wasn't. It also could have been very bad for that trooper if his backup had not been there with that immediate flanking fire.
Good job to the troopers.

#6 ONLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 03:27 PM

Just thought of something....

In the cover image for the video you can see the crosshairs from the helo's camera. Too bad that was not the pipper for a Hellfire.

I agree. You run, you die and the criminals would stop running. The trooper left cover while the soon to be dead guy still had his. That was an error on his part. As well as addressing the situation with a handgun. There should be a rifle "riding shotgun" with every cop in the country. They need to have instant access to more than a pistol and be trained to use it when presented with a suspect who is willing to fight. And if they are willing to run, they are willing to fight. I am sick of there being dead and severely wounded cops when dead and wounded criminals are a much better outcome for society.

And it doesn't matter if they are running from a warrant for overdue parking tickets or if they are on the FBI 10 most wanted list. If they are willing to endanger the lives of the general public and the cops they need to be removed from society with extreme prejudice. 

• Pepper, towtruck and Flesh Wound like this

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

I mean if you are going to go potato go full potato.

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#7 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 04:52 PM

The USSC has ruled that if a pursuit rises to the level of danger to the public, that deadly force can be used to stop the pursuit. If a chase looks like it's running towards a busy area, rather than stop sticks, I personally believe that they should have a guy with solid cover with a rifle ready to ventilate the driver. 

I've long held that if the pursuit of a suspect becomes such a risk to the general public that we need to consider calling it off, we also need to consider that they'll continue, at least for a short period of time, to be a deadly threat to the general public. If police are justified in shooting someone who is randomly firing rounds into the air in a populated area, then we should be justified in shooting someone driving in that manner towards a populated area. In my opinion, if they run lights at high speed, enter oncoming lanes of travel, or turn off headlights in an attempt to elude the police, that should trigger a response with a rifle, not termination of the pursuit. 

• Flesh Wound likes this

#8 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 06:28 PM

....and here in lovely California they are busy passing laws that say a cop shooting someone has to be necessary not justified.   If the idiots would just think properly they would understand that a justified shooting is necessary.  When the first innocent gets killed waiting for that necessary moment to arrive the law makers may see the error in their ways.

#9 ONLINE   Flesh Wound

Flesh Wound

Yardstick for lunatics.

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 06:34 PM

....and here in lovely California they are busy passing laws that say a cop shooting someone has to be necessary not justified.   If the idiots would just think properly they would understand that a justified shooting is necessary.  When the first innocent gets killed waiting for that necessary moment to arrive the law makers may see the error in their ways.

Not a chance in Commiefornia....

#10 ONLINE   Joel74

Joel74

You got one shot left in that shooter. Make the most of it.

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 07:01 PM

Not a chance in Commiefornia....

Nope. Never will.

Kate Steinle

• Flesh Wound likes this

Signature:

I will not comply.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."- Thomas Jefferson
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

7aKLqtJ.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   alpo

alpo

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Sep. 03 2018 - 07:15 PM

Glad the Trooper made it ok and the scum didn't.

Signature:

NRA LIFE MEMBER

gallery_135_65_1073.jpg

Forum Statistics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center