Photo

Cutting Yourself...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xSmokey

xSmokey

• Group:Members*

Posted Sep. 13 2018 - 11:17 AM

Is it just me or is accidentally slicing yourself one of the best feelings? Especially if you're not sure if you did a good sharpening job, what else to assure you other than cutting yourself with the littlest amount of pressure.

Signature:

ΣΙ βΙΣ ΠΑΚΕΜ ΠΑΡΑΒΕΛΛΥΜ

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR

ΣΙΚ ΣΕΜΠΕΡ ΕΒΕΛΛΟ ΜΟΡΤΕΜ ΤΙΡΑΝΝΙΣ
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
THUS ALWAYS I BRING DEATH TO TYRANTS

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MOLON LABE
COME TAKE IT

#2 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Sep. 13 2018 - 11:24 AM

It's just you.

I just go by feel of how well it wants to shave....how well it grabs hair without actually shaving my arm.

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Died, buried, rotted, caved in, back filled, paved over, and forgotten.

#3 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

• Group:Members

Posted Sep. 13 2018 - 12:07 PM

Is it just me or is accidentally slicing yourself one of the best feelings?

It's a symptom of something wrong with you. Seek professional help. I don't know enough about it, but it's been the subject of multiple studies over decades.

Personally, I hate having foreign objects violating my hide. And doing what I do for a living, I consider it a good day when nobody bleeds.

Signature:

I Will NOT Comply!

"You came here lookin' for a killin'. If you stick around there's going to be some. I don't know any plainer way to put it."

John Payne as Vint Bonner ~ Restless Gun

STx4pQP.gif

Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, And Bones Heal

So Suck It Up Buttercup!

Do you really think you can drop us all?                                                   

You're first, he's next...are you going to care what happens after that?

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"

~Thomas Jefferson~

#4 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Sep. 13 2018 - 05:55 PM

It's a symptom of something wrong with you. Seek professional help. I don't know enough about it, but it's been the subject of multiple studies over decades.

Personally, I hate having foreign objects violating my hide. And doing what I do for a living, I consider it a good day when nobody bleeds.

:laugh:

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#5 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Sep. 13 2018 - 05:56 PM

It's just you.

I just go by feel of how well it wants to shave....how well it grabs hair without actually shaving my arm.

This.

#6 ONLINE   MontanaLon

MontanaLon

Flew with the Thunderbirds!

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Sep. 13 2018 - 06:12 PM

I have accidentally sliced myself on multiple occasions. Never once have I thought, "Wow, it has been too long since I knew my knife was that sharp. I miss that feeling."

Seek help.

Signature:

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

This post approved by the NSA!

I mean if you are going to go potato go full potato.

We are never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy......
Sight picture and trigger control, the 2 most important things I am teaching my son.
Criminals, if they retreat in the face of lethal force kill them for not even having the work ethic to do their chosen profession well.
So we are expected to believe that the same scientists that are 50% wrong on the weather of the Earth tomorrow are somehow able to predict a storm on a star 93 million miles away in 2 years.
Get real.

"Gitmo, you didn't close that!"

#7 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Sep. 13 2018 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, not so much. What the other guys said, talk to someone about that. 

Signature:

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character"

- Einstein

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."

-Ernest Hemingway

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Who shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am. Send me!"

I will NOT comply!

#8 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Sep. 13 2018 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, not so much. What the other guys said, talk to someone about that. 

:laugh:

#9 OFFLINE   meh77gmc

meh77gmc

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Sep. 13 2018 - 08:06 PM

I got told by a person that I made a knife for, that it was TOO sharp. I didnt know that was a thing.

#10 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Sep. 13 2018 - 08:13 PM

I got told by a person that I made a knife for, that it was TOO sharp. I didnt know that was a thing.

Maybe if they're a klutz?

Then again, if that's the case, they probably shouldn't be owning a knife! :laugh:

#11 ONLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Ban-O-Matic

• Group:Admins

Posted Sep. 14 2018 - 01:20 AM

It can be until someone gets used to using a really sharp knife again. I have a problem keeping knives sharp. I sharpen them, and then someone comes along and boogers up the edge, or dulls them without telling me. I wound up used to using semi-sharp kitchen knives, as I don't always have time to stop down and touch up a blade while I'm cooking, and it gets forgotten after dinner during dishes. Anyway, used to using those types of knives, I sharpened two of my good kitchen knives, beyond shaving sharp. I also sharpened the tips, something I rarely focus on as I do much more chopping then I use the tips of the blades. But the whole knife got sharpened. I then used them, and wound up stabbing myself in the wrist. Not deep enough to hurt anything, but deep enough to scare the crap out of me. I have a nice little scar from it, starting to fade a little now, but that was 6 months ago...  Once I'm used to using a sharp knife again, I'm good to go, but it's careful consideration of a dangerous tool, and not becoming complacent. 

#12 OFFLINE   2 meke

2 meke

Posted Sep. 14 2018 - 01:46 AM

One of the most satisfying feelings is after you have been chewed on by fleas and mosquitos , grab a sharp fish fillet knife and scrape up and down your legs and arms.

It feels so good.  Like stropping a cut throat razor on a leather belt.

Got to be careful and focus ,  don't get too carried away in the moment or else its sushi legs for you.  :D:

Signature:

how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Pink Floyd

#13 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Sep. 14 2018 - 07:37 AM

Is it just me or is accidentally slicing yourself one of the best feelings? Especially if you're not sure if you did a good sharpening job, what else to assure you other than cutting yourself with the littlest amount of pressure.

Aren't you glad you asked ?   :laugh:

Welcome to the family !

Signature:

The days of going unarmed in America are over

Shoot what you like; like what you shoot.

#14 OFFLINE   wish2no

wish2no

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Sep. 14 2018 - 10:37 AM

It can be until someone gets used to using a really sharp knife again. I have a problem keeping knives sharp. I sharpen them, and then someone comes along and boogers up the edge, or dulls them without telling me. I wound up used to using semi-sharp kitchen knives, as I don't always have time to stop down and touch up a blade while I'm cooking, and it gets forgotten after dinner during dishes. Anyway, used to using those types of knives, I sharpened two of my good kitchen knives, beyond shaving sharp. I also sharpened the tips, something I rarely focus on as I do much more chopping then I use the tips of the blades. But the whole knife got sharpened. I then used them, and wound up stabbing myself in the wrist. Not deep enough to hurt anything, but deep enough to scare the crap out of me. I have a nice little scar from it, starting to fade a little now, but that was 6 months ago...  Once I'm used to using a sharp knife again, I'm good to go, but it's careful consideration of a dangerous tool, and not becoming complacent. 

Same here.  I have gone to keeping "utility " knives out on the counter for anyone in the house to use.  Then I have my "dont touch" knives for my use... but sometimes someone else will use one and bugger it up.  So I have 3rd set of "personal" knives in a drawer that only I use.  Everyone knows if they want to use these knives they best ask or there will be a stink about it.  Finally I have my own "special" knives... good blue steel Japanese knives and soligen steel knives that I keep in a nice softwood sheathes inside a nice zippered soft case out of the kitchen area that I use when I really want to do something special.

Signature:

“You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws….” ~ John Adams

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” [Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174,176 (1803)]

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." [Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436, 491 (1966)]

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]

"There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights." [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

"Constitutional rights may not be denied simply because of hostility to their assertion and exercise: Vindication of conceded constitutional rights cannot be made dependent upon any theory that it is less expensive to deny them than to afford them."
[Watson vs. City of Memphis, 373 US 526, 535 (1963)]

"The state cannot diminish Rights of the people." [Hurtado vs. California, 110 US 516 (1884)]
“No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.” [16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256]

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.”

–  Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

#15 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted Sep. 14 2018 - 10:39 AM

I thought this was one of those “I slept with my neighbors goat and we’re getting married next week” drive by posts. Then I saw the OP post count and realized he was serious.
I was always taught to use a sharp instrument or tool properly and safely, without making yourself bleed.

Signature:

Lighten up Francis! "

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin FranklinA"

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. 

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  

Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg     

Bossiershreveportmudbuglogo.png

#16 ONLINE   Longhair

Longhair

Constitutional Patriot

Posted Sep. 14 2018 - 12:43 PM

Here's an article that may shed some light in a productive manor.

https://www.nami.org...tions/Self-harm

#17 ONLINE   rasputin

rasputin

• Group:G.D. Staff

Posted Sep. 14 2018 - 05:29 PM

Heck, paper cuts bother me.  Or when you grab for a file and it runs up under your fingernail.  I would suck at torture.

#18 ONLINE   Retcop

Retcop

No Country for Old Men

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted Sep. 14 2018 - 05:35 PM

I hope the new guy understand we are just giving him a ration of poop,

and we are not driving him away. 

He tested a knife and was impressed he got it so sharp it cut him when he tested it...

That's what I get.

It's not like he voted for Hillary or Obama.    :laugh:

He needs to realize if you are not teased around here you are not loved.

Lord knows I have stick my foot in my mouth plenty of times...

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center