Photo

WTB 11 or 15 round S&W 10mm magazines

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bambihunter

bambihunter

• Group:Members

Posted May. 06 2009 - 04:53 PM

I am looking for either the 11 or 15 round extended factory magazines for the S&W 10mm 3rd generation pistol.
A finders fee will be paid to anyone who can hook me up with a seller that results in a sale.
Thanks.

Signature:

My current 10mm's: Dan Wesson Razorback #70, #105, #106, #111, #118, and #128 of 150. Colt: Delta Elite Ultimate stainless, Double Eagle MKII, Gold Cup stainless, Springfield Armory/Peter Stahl Omega Match & Linkless, Star Megastar, Glock: 40, 20 & 29, S&W: 1006, 1026 Police, 1046, 1066, 1076 FBI, & 1086. AMT Backup DAO converted to 10mm.

#2 OFFLINE   snowcat

snowcat

Posted May. 06 2009 - 10:45 PM

Hi BH, it would be interesting if the few that own any of these would at least chime in and tell what they have. I have two of the 15 rounders and know of one other one. The two I bought, I had to beg for and offered to much, but I got two of his three. I was very happy! It would be nice to find an 11rounder.
Good luck with your search.

Later snowcat

S&W 10's:
1006 X 4
1026 X 3
1046 X 3
1066 X 3
1086 X 3
1076 X 7 (4 FBI )
610 3"
610 4"
610 5"
610 6.5" X 2

Signature:

1006 = 4, 1 NIB

1026 = 3

1046 = 4

1066 = 3, 1 NIB

1076 = 7, 5  FBI

1086 = 3

4013 conv to 1013

610  3" LEW HORTON NIB

610  4" NIB

610  5"

610  2 of them

310 Night guard NIB

#3 OFFLINE   The_Shadow

The_Shadow

• Group:10mm Staff

Posted May. 06 2009 - 10:55 PM

Bambi Hunter & Snowcat, You all are making my mad come out! I had tried to purchase some S&W 11 or 15 rounders many years ago but was told they were law enforcement only. I really though that was a lie back then.

I had wanted them but never seen any for sale by anyone. Why hasn't an aftermarket company started to produce these gems yet?

Good luck to us all!

Signature:
The
SHADOW

The "10mm" I'm Packin', Has The Bullets Wackin', Smakin' & The Slide is Rackin' & Jackin'!
NRA Life Member
Southeast, LoUiSiAna

#4 OFFLINE   bambihunter

bambihunter

Posted Jun. 16 2009 - 12:20 AM

I too would be willing to pay too much. LOL

I think the demand for aftermarket ones would be fairly low since they are so incredibly long due to them being single-stack. The only reason I want them IS because they are factory S&W mags and they would be a sweet addition to my otherwise completed collection.

#5 OFFLINE   NordicG3K

NordicG3K

Posted Jun. 16 2009 - 08:10 PM

I too would be willing to pay too much. LOL

I think the demand for aftermarket ones would be fairly low since they are so incredibly long due to them being single-stack. The only reason I want them IS because they are factory S&W mags and they would be a sweet addition to my otherwise completed collection.

Now if you want the real S&W 'holy grail' then you need to find the 4516 converted to 10mm that the FBI used for their initial concept testing!

#6 OFFLINE   bambihunter

bambihunter

Posted Jun. 18 2009 - 12:17 AM

Now if you want the real S&W 'holy grail' then you need to find the 4516 converted to 10mm that the FBI used for their initial concept testing!

Nordic, you probably have all 10 of the original ones. :wink: I have a damn fine 10mm collection but your unusual / rare ones makes mine look like it is just a past time of mine rather than a full-blown obsession. Over half of my entire gun collection is 10mm's. In the venerable words from Wayne's World "we're not worthy, we're not worthy"! :beerchug:

Ironically, I highly considered making an equivilent 1016 years ago (before I knew they ever existed, for however short of time). I decided instead that I am going to get a custom Fusion 1911 in an officers/commander setup (since I can't get ziggy to sell me his Dan Wesson RZ-CCO). In the very near future I am also going to build a Para-Ordance P16-40 and either convert it to 10mm or have an additional barrel made.

#7 OFFLINE   NordicG3K

NordicG3K

Posted Jun. 18 2009 - 08:10 AM

Bambihunter,

My 10mm collecting has slowed down considerably the past couple of years. Unfortunately, the lottery gods have not smiled upon me and other financial obligations continue to get in the way of the noble pursuit of gun collecting (darn kids, why do they keep growing out of their clothes!). I have stumbled upon some good finds, but there are a number of 10mm holes in my collection (pun intended). I'd still like to pick up the following:

Thompson 1928 A1
D-Max carbine
D-Max pistol
Laseraim (preferably a long barreled hunter model)
Bren Ten Special Forces Dark
Wyoming Arms compact
Fussion Firearms Hunter Tact-O –XL
Vltor Fortis ("Vice" version)
S&W 310 Night Guard
S&W 1066
S&W 1026

I'd also like to do a couple different 10mm conversion projects, but as my wife won't let me sell the washer and dryer (or the kids) I guess they'll just have to stay on the 'wish list.' To complicate matters further, I've recently been bitten by the 6.5 Grendel bug which is proving to be a bit more spendy than I was anticipating. (Why can't I like cheap guns! Maybe I should start collecting Lorcins...) Oh well, I suppose it's for the best. The day I finally completed my 10mm collection I'd probably get trampled in a freak buffalo stampede and my wife would sell all my guns to finance buying absurdly expensive (and ugly) curtains for the house.

Now that I've managed to wander somewhat slightly off topic, I have to say that I have never even seen, let alone had the opportunity to purchase, any of the S&W 10xx series extended FBI mags. I did find some documentation on the FBI ballistics testing that lead to the adoption of the S&W 1076, but I don't recall if they mentioned the higher capacity magazines. (I'll have to go back and check.) As there were supposed to be a certain number of 9, 11, and 15-round mags issued with each 1076 the FBI bought you would think there'd be a lot floating around out there somewhere. The hunt continues!

#8 OFFLINE   bambihunter

bambihunter

Posted Jun. 18 2009 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the laugh Nordic, I nearly sprayed my monitor with my morning ice tea! The ugly drapes sounds familar. We just got done replacing every light fixture and ceiling fan in the house as well as all the hinges and door knobs. All this in a house we had built, too bad 5 years ago she would have realized she didn't like that color - D'oh! The only good thing to come out of some of these re-do's is that my wife has realized that my interests and toys hold their value. When we were short on money some months back I sold a few guns to help us by the hard times. She probably spent the same amount on her clothes and shoes at the time. I told her to sell them and we'll each live off our own proceeds. I was in the dog house for a week, but the point was made and proven and she hasn't been as critical of my hobby when we can afford it without dipping into the family funds. I don't have kids, but from what I understand, with the economy down like it is, their resale value has went way down. :backstab:

I agree, I too have expensive taste. No matter what I buy or build I always seem to "need" the best one. For instance, I too have been somewhat on a buying hiatius while I finished building myself a new computer. Of course it couldn't be a run-of-the-mill off-the-shelf type you can get for $350 now. No, I had to build one that is water cooled, a gazillion hard drives, etc. Now that it is about over, I can get back to my investments. I REALLY want to get a full-auto rifle. I have already got a few suppressors but a suppressed full-auto would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Collecting lorcin's, that would be the shortest collection of all time. Everytime you add one, you'll have to use it for parts to keep the others running. :laugh:

Well, when the infamous buffalo flattens you on the prarie, have your wife sell your collection here. :oh yea: Here let me see if I can get the stampede started:
Posted Image

I actually have instructions for my wife for my unusual stuff with approximate values and where to sell them. The local gun shop would probably give her $450 for my 1046 and we all know what they are worth. I am surprised you didn't have all the S&W's. I know you have a couple of the 46's so I figured you too had them all. I am not big into customs but the Fusion and the Para P16-40/10mm would be great.

Edited by bambihunter, Jun. 18 2009 - 10:09 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   snowcat

snowcat

Posted Jun. 18 2009 - 01:04 PM

I sure thought some people would chime in here and we could get an idea of what's out there!

Anyone heard anything of the 310 yet? I emailed S&W and got a short reply, " I have not seen anything yet ". Kind of a weird reply, I thought!

I have had the money put away for a long time now, might have to put it in my full auto fund.
snowcat

#10 OFFLINE   bambihunter

bambihunter

Posted Dec. 27 2012 - 12:52 AM

STILL Looking...
Finders fee paid upon sale!

#11 OFFLINE   Kx5hundo

Kx5hundo

• Group:New Members

Posted Mar. 18 2017 - 03:04 PM

Not sure if anyone is following this thread anymore, but I have some 15 round 1076 mags I might let go. They came from the initial batch of test mags for the FBI. Got them from a 20 year retired FBI firearms instructor/gunsmith.

#12 OFFLINE   bambihunter

bambihunter

Posted Jul. 20 2017 - 12:28 AM

I hardly come here anymore either, it is a shame as when 10mmtalk.com was a stand-alone site it had great 10mm traffic. I guess a few people do however as I did recently buy a Razorback through here.

I would be interested in the magazine(s). I will say my finances are a bit thin at the moment, but could come up with something. Let me know. (might be best to send me a PM).

#13 ONLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Jul. 20 2017 - 01:01 AM

Used to own a 1076 (I think that was the model number).

It sure kicked like a beast!

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#14 OFFLINE   bambihunter

bambihunter

Posted Aug. 25 2017 - 11:19 PM

Still looking for these mags. :)

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center