Photo

Microslick

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AdamS

AdamS

• Group:Members

Posted Mar. 04 2010 - 02:50 AM

i have a dpms sportical upper, because it is what i could afford at the time, but i am really liking it now, so instead of getting a new upper, i was thinking about having the barrel microslicked.

i have read in another thread that you would prefer to microslick and creakote the barrel, instead of just microslik the inside of the barrel.

1.) assuming the creakote is done to the outside of the barrel, is this something i would pick a color in, or is this a type of clear hardener/whatever that basically protects it from rust.

2.) if i get the microslik done to the inside of the barrel, would it be wise to microslik the entire upper receiver on the inside, or is that generally something that isnt done? OR should i have the Bolt Carrier Microslik'd instead of the upper receiver?

3.) is microslik something that will prolong the life of a non-chrome lined barrel, and improve the function of the Bolt carrier?

Sorry for the 20 questions routine, i just dont know alot about this process and what is right/wrong to expect. i do know that i would like to get my gun creakoted eventually to a different color, but i that is something for later..

Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   jchtrh

jchtrh

"Tribesman"

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Mar. 04 2010 - 03:14 AM

These two threads may help answer some of your questions.

http://www.ar15armor...micro-slick-te/

http://www.ar15armor...32-cerakote-te/

• Dragonstaar likes this

Signature:
“If you are going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy"
Martin Luther King Jr.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
George Carlin

My State is BIGGER than yours!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

#3 OFFLINE   AdamS

AdamS

Posted Mar. 04 2010 - 11:29 AM

Thanks alot, that does help alot.

By the way, the color looks good on you shotgun and sidearm.

I guess the next step is to get in touch with them when i am ready to do this!

#4 OFFLINE   Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Hold My Beer and Watch This!

• Group:Administrator

Posted Mar. 04 2010 - 03:20 PM

I have the inside of Barrels and BCGs coated with Microslik from Dan and yes it does work.
I can tell a big difference with the way lube goes on and stays on the BCG as well as the bore-snake running through the barrel.

Signature:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed
Second Amendment to the US Constitution December 15th 1791

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion; what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.
Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787

#5 OFFLINE   hsracer201

hsracer201

Posted Mar. 04 2010 - 08:42 PM

I know this is sort of off the topic a little, but Dan microslik'd the inside of my Triumph barrel and boy, oh boy, what a difference it makes when it comes down to cleaning. He also did the breech plug and the pyrodex residue just wipes off as easy as you've ever seen. :)

#6 OFFLINE   captainbarred

captainbarred

Professional Elephant Shat Catcher.

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Mar. 04 2010 - 09:32 PM

I have to say I am getting really excited for my new barrel from Addax!

Fate(or rather the dumbasses at UPS) made me decide to go with a WOA barrel from Addax instead of the Sabre one.

The barrel I am now getting is cerekoated and has a microslicked bore. Chris said its supposed to break in with only 30 rounds and mentioned the cleaning will go faster and better.

I am a fan of anything that cuts down on cleaning time :laugh:

I also got a bolt from him that is miscroslicked. I may have to send the carrier group to be done as well(as the BCs that had been microslicked were sold out at the time).

Signature:

worshipsig1.gif

"There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous men."

- Sgt Zim - Starship Troopers

"I'm the itch you can't scratch! The gas you can't pass!"

- Jack Stiles

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

-H. L. Mencken

FUAC

#7 OFFLINE   Addax

Addax

ADDAX AR15 RIFLES AND UPPERS

Posted Mar. 05 2010 - 02:29 AM

I have to say I am getting really excited for my new barrel from Addax!

Fate(or rather the dumbasses at UPS) made me decide to go with a WOA barrel from Addax instead of the Sabre one.

The barrel I am now getting is cerekoated and has a microslicked bore. Chris said its supposed to break in with only 30 rounds and mentioned the cleaning will go faster and better.

I am a fan of anything that cuts down on cleaning time :laugh:

I also got a bolt from him that is miscroslicked. I may have to send the carrier group to be done as well(as the BCs that had been microslicked were sold out at the time).

The carrier is Cerakoted, and the bolt is Microslicked.

Very nice combination. :thumb:

Amelon did the coating work, and Dan did a fantastic job on these.

Thanks,
Chris

Signature:

Addax%203.gif

ADDAX TACTICAL

WWW.ADDAXTACTICAL.COM

SALES@ADDAXTACTICAL.COM

(818) 361-5008

1431 TRUMAN ST.
UNIT E
SAN FERNANDO, CA 91340

#8 OFFLINE   captainbarred

captainbarred

Professional Elephant Shat Catcher.

• Group:Bronze Patron

Posted Mar. 05 2010 - 06:41 AM

I'm dragging-butt right now... 1 hour to go then home to sleep and wait for the ups man :thumb:

#9 OFFLINE   TheRealWyattEarp

TheRealWyattEarp

• Group:Members*

Posted Feb. 15 2016 - 04:11 PM

Are these from the BRO group buy?

Forum Statistics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center