Photo

So, Who Is At The Bench Today?

• Please log in to reply
11264 replies to this topic

#11261 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted Sep. 23 2017 - 11:20 PM

Well, while I have been waiting for BushXM15 to post pictures of the American Turbine Jet engine.

Decided to put together another twenty 30 Herrett AR cartridges.  

eC71MEZ.jpg

Brass is the new Starline 6.8 SPC converted to 30 Herrett AR. CCI #41 primers.

Far left row using Shooters World Blackout powder with the Midsouth 300 Blackout 125 gr. HP copper projectiles.

Center left row using Shooters World powder and Sierra 30 cal. 110 gr. HP Varminter bullets. 

Center right row using RL-7 powder with the Lapua 30 cal. 123 gr. FMJ bullets.

Far right row using Accurate 2200 powder and the Lapua 30 cal. 123 gr. FMJ projectiles.

Have over 100 rounds of the 30 Herrett AR with multiple loads/components to try.

Also have rounds made up for my 6x45mm AR to run.

Between the hurricane and life and work, been about a month since I have been to the range.

Kind of iffy with the weather in the morning.

I'll see if I can get out.

Thanks,

Glenn

Very nice.......I am hitting the range in a week. I am going to spend a few days at the property and shoot my new upper and re-zero the 17 HMR that I re-stocked. I won't have a ton to shoot but what I do shoot will be to get the new big bore dialed in. I want the gas block adjusted perfectly on this one so each shot will be for sighting in and gas adjustment. I need to make each shot count....no messing around. I still have to get a set of 450 dies so I can work on the 275g hand loads that the upper will be set up for. The 250g factory loads will be used for their brass and sight in and any gas adjustment I need to make. That way the the 275's should work pretty well.

I'll be interested in the feel of the first round I light off...that A2 butt plate is not very forgiving.

• geepee3 likes this

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

In the words of my grandfather...
"Beauty is only skin deep- ugly goes clear to the bone!"
"You can't fix stupid"
"Sometimes fishing is better than catching"
"There is no sense being stupid unless you show it"
"Guns and fishing poles----you can never have enough!"
"When it comes to your wife and buying more guns it is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!"
"If you fly it, float it, or ***k it, RENT it!"

#11262 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Yesterday, 08:42 AM

Well, while I have been waiting for BushXM15 to post pictures of the American Turbine Jet engine.
Decided to put together another twenty 30 Herrett AR cartridges.  

eC71MEZ.jpg

Brass is the new Starline 6.8 SPC converted to 30 Herrett AR. CCI #41 primers.
Far left row using Shooters World Blackout powder with the Midsouth 300 Blackout 125 gr. HP copper projectiles.
Center left row using Shooters World powder and Sierra 30 cal. 110 gr. HP Varminter bullets. 
Center right row using RL-7 powder with the Lapua 30 cal. 123 gr. FMJ bullets.
Far right row using Accurate 2200 powder and the Lapua 30 cal. 123 gr. FMJ projectiles.

Have over 100 rounds of the 30 Herrett AR with multiple loads/components to try.
Also have rounds made up for my 6x45mm AR to run.
Between the hurricane and life and work, been about a month since I have been to the range.
Kind of iffy with the weather in the morning.
I'll see if I can get out.

Thanks,
Glenn

You post the sexiest damned pictures Glenn.

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#11263 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted Yesterday, 08:43 AM

Very nice.......I am hitting the range in a week. I am going to spend a few days at the property and shoot my new upper and re-zero the 17 HMR that I re-stocked. I won't have a ton to shoot but what I do shoot will be to get the new big bore dialed in. I want the gas block adjusted perfectly on this one so each shot will be for sighting in and gas adjustment. I need to make each shot count....no messing around. I still have to get a set of 450 dies so I can work on the 275g hand loads that the upper will be set up for. The 250g factory loads will be used for their brass and sight in and any gas adjustment I need to make. That way the the 275's should work pretty well.
I'll be interested in the feel of the first round I light off...that A2 butt plate is not very forgiving.

Damn that's a huge jump from a .17HMR! :laugh:

#11264 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted Yesterday, 09:57 AM

Damn that's a huge jump from a .17HMR! :laugh:

I think the squishy tip on the 450 is bigger than the 17   :laugh:

EuA88sG.jpg

#11265 ONLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 AM

The 275g Barnes all copper bullet will be what I am going to load these back up with.........they might have a little more punch than the 17...

PVML1hl.jpg

Forum Statistics

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

Information Center