#12461 OFFLINE   GLShooter

GLShooter

• Group:Armory Staff

Posted May. 20 2018 - 11:51 PM

90 SPEER TNTs and 115 Noslers.

Greg
  • geepee3 likes this

Signature:
The best gun for self defense? Any loaded one will do.

#12462 OFFLINE   Jaeger48

Jaeger48

chances are I'm wrong

• Group:Silver Patron

Posted May. 21 2018 - 12:28 AM

have not reloaded in far too long but damn- I need to shoot what I have loaded.

#12463 OFFLINE   Srgt. Hulka

Srgt. Hulka

Girl Scouts Cookie/Crack Pusher

• Group:Gold Patron

Posted May. 21 2018 - 06:37 AM

I finished these up Thursday but the range was closed for the long range shooters use Friday AM. Hopefully I'll get out here on Tuesday and put these down range. 330 rounds of 223, 6X6.8 and 6.8. I might sneak down Monday AM and get the 6.8 on paper at 50 to speed thinning up a bit since I just put that 8X32 Mueller on it. If I don't finish up Tuesday I'll go back down Wednesday. If I do that I can also evaluate my 17 WSM ammo for extraction.

d5i6lly.jpg

Greg

Very nice Greg.  

Signature:

Lighten up Francis! "

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin FranklinA"

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Henry Ford

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. 

"We need to Kill Them.  We need to Kill them."  

Judge Jeanine Pirro on radical Muslim Terroists.

gallery_25426_262_200.jpg     

Bossiershreveportmudbuglogo.png

#12464 OFFLINE   GLShooter

GLShooter

Posted May. 21 2018 - 09:25 AM

I hope I see some good performance. I cleaned all three of the uppers the other day and they all had at least 100 through them and the 223 200 rounds through it. I got only a hint of blue on the 6.8. The 223 and 6X6.8 were nothing but black.  The 6X6.8 was a pleasant surprise as I had not cleaned a TO barrel before. The other too were to be expected.

Finally getting up to shooting temps here in the low 100's. That really stresses the ammunition and the shooter so it is a good test atmosphere.

Greg

#12465 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

• Group:Senior Staff

Posted May. 21 2018 - 08:08 PM

Well......I have lots of empty 357, 38, and 45's to load up when I get time......maybe I will wait for a rainy day as I have lots more ammo to burn and big blue makes short work of filling them back up.

Signature:

sv3kXof.jpg

Accuracy over OCD !

#12466 OFFLINE   GLShooter

GLShooter

Posted May. 21 2018 - 09:20 PM

If I waited for a rainy day the press would have corroded in place.

Greg
  • Steelborn1 likes this

#12467 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted May. 21 2018 - 09:35 PM

If I waited for a rainy day the press would have corroded in place.

Greg

I used to obsess over keeping all my brass full. Now that I have big blue things need to pile up so it's worth while to set it up. I have a pile of 45's to do and I really want to get back on top of those. I'll need to make another bullet order as I'm down to 1500 45's last count. I am trying to use 1000 of 125g cowboy bullets in 357 mag that were sent in error back during the panic. I kept them and was grateful to get them at the time. I need to backfill those with more plated 158g semi wad cutters. 

#12468 OFFLINE   GLShooter

GLShooter

Posted May. 21 2018 - 10:04 PM

Yeah bullets. I just ordered 500 Noslers in 20 223 and some 45/70 fir the SOCOM. I need to have my guy in OKC pour me 5,000 45 200 SWCL as I'm getting ready to start shooting a Police L Match, modified BE,and it will eat up a lot of lead.

Greg

#12469 OFFLINE   Chris645

Chris645

• Group:Members

Posted May. 22 2018 - 07:53 AM

I don't load in the impressive quantities most of you guys do, but I finished a batch of 30 rounds yesterday for my first test after completing Glen Zediker's  book, "Top Grade Ammo".  This is the most meticulously prepared run of ammo I've ever put togethr.  I've got 6 loads of 5 rounds each.  I told Greg in a PM last night, the only thing I didn't do was to use match grade bullets.  I'm basically OCD and love the "anal" side of hand-loading. (love that term)   Glen says there are "re-loaders" and "hand-loaders" and the two are quite different.  I get that now.  Mentally I've always been a hand-loader.............but only physically, because I didn't know any better, I was really only re-loading my rounds.  This has been an interesting journey.

Signature:

Chris

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

Gadsden_clr.gif

#12470 OFFLINE   towtruck

towtruck

Posted May. 22 2018 - 09:21 AM

I don't load in the impressive quantities most of you guys do, but I finished a batch of 30 rounds yesterday for my first test after completing Glen Zediker's  book, "Top Grade Ammo".  This is the most meticulously prepared run of ammo I've ever put togethr.  I've got 6 loads of 5 rounds each.  I told Greg in a PM last night, the only thing I didn't do was to use match grade bullets.  I'm basically OCD and love the "anal" side of hand-loading. (love that term)   Glen says there are "re-loaders" and "hand-loaders" and the two are quite different.  I get that now.  Mentally I've always been a hand-loader.............but only physically, because I didn't know any better, I was really only re-loading my rounds.  This has been an interesting journey.

I handload to develop my hunting rounds into tiny groups then reload to that recipe due to loading so many. If I can get a 1/4" group during development that will net me a sub moa load when cranking them out by the thousands. There is only so much love you can give 6500 rounds of pdog fodder and still have time to shoot it. 

I don't shoot long range (past 400 yards) very often so my work suits me just fine. Some very kind friends set me up with a chronograph and I feel my OCD tingling as I type. My first outing with it I was able to see the difference in my loads caused by mixed cases. It wasn't huge and it had no grossly negative impact on groups but it now lets me see a number that I never really cared to see before. Before I could be happy developing a load and then filling mixed cases and only get X amount of group growth. Now I'm going to obsess over it during initial load development. I have always let the bullet and barrel tell me what they like and the speedometer is going to cause me to chase a number....I can feel it happening  :lol:

#12471 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted May. 22 2018 - 09:38 AM

I handload to develop my hunting rounds into tiny groups then reload to that recipe due to loading so many. If I can get a 1/4" group during development that will net me a sub moa load when cranking them out by the thousands. There is only so much love you can give 6500 rounds of pdog fodder and still have time to shoot it. 

I don't shoot long range (past 400 yards) very often so my work suits me just fine. Some very kind friends set me up with a chronograph and I feel my OCD tingling as I type. My first outing with it I was able to see the difference in my loads caused by mixed cases. It wasn't huge and it had no grossly negative impact on groups but it now lets me see a number that I never really cared to see before. Before I could be happy developing a load and then filling mixed cases and only get X amount of group growth. Now I'm going to obsess over it during initial load development. I have always let the bullet and barrel tell me what they like and the speedometer is going to cause me to chase a number....I can feel it happening  :lol:

Correction......

You don't shoot long range.......YET.

:laugh:

Signature:
Purpose should drive the Purchase......
The "one shot group". A way to save time, money and barrel life!

#12472 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted May. 22 2018 - 09:38 AM

Welcome to the insanity of trying to eliminate every variable possible!

:laugh:

#12473 OFFLINE   Chris645

Chris645

Posted May. 22 2018 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the "welcome", newbie.  I don't yet have my "card", but beginning to feel like a card carrying member.  Lots.............no, tons yet to learn, but as I told Greg one time, I'm a sponge and will soak it up as quickly as I can.   I started in this game so late in life I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up with most of you, but it'll be fun trying.

#12474 OFFLINE   newbe

newbe

Black Widow Hater

Posted May. 22 2018 - 01:04 PM

Thanks for the "welcome", newbie.  I don't yet have my "card", but beginning to feel like a card carrying member.  Lots.............no, tons yet to learn, but as I told Greg one time, I'm a sponge and will soak it up as quickly as I can.   I started in this game so late in life I don't think I'll ever be able to catch up with most of you, but it'll be fun trying.

I have no doubt you can catch up, possibly surpass us. Never stop learning!

#12475 OFFLINE   Chris645

Chris645

Posted May. 22 2018 - 01:20 PM

I have no doubt you can catch up, possibly surpass us. Never stop learning!

Dream on...............I'm sure going to! bellylaf.gif

#12476 OFFLINE   wmn2

wmn2

Posted May. 22 2018 - 05:38 PM

Well I don’t have as much .45 brass as I thought so I’ll be loading up .300 blackout in place of that this weekend. These will all be supers. Probably won’t load subs until I get my suppressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Statistics

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)
Information Center