dan10mmman

10mm 1911 magazine question

Good afternoon my fellow 10mm enthusiasts. I am trying to find a mag that will run both my Colt and my Dan Wesson 10mm's. The Colt mags feed the rounds to low for the DW. The DW's feed to high in the Colt. Bought a CMC, feeds the colt but not the DW. I like to carry both so one mag that fits both would be my goal.

You might try to use Mec Gar, or Wilson Combat magazines. Look for them here: http://www.topgunsupply.com/wilson-combat-1911-magazines/ Tripp Research also sells quality 10mm mags, you can see them here: http://www.trippresearch.com/store/store_1911.html I hope these will solve your problem Dan. They are a little 'pricey', but you get what you pay for.

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero

Tripp Research also sells quality 10mm mags, you can see them here: http://www.trippresearch.com/store/store_1911.html I hope these will solve your problem Dan. They are a little 'pricey', but you get what you pay for.

Great advice.

These run all my 10mm 1911's including my CBOB (I don't own a Colt however). Tripp also sells a spring/follower kit that makes all my other mags reliable as well.

I had issues with my DW mags and Mec-Gars, I installed the kits and they all work now.

Good luck.

I have a Delta and a CBOB. The CMC 9rounders did not work in my DW either (locked open before final round). DW 9rdrs (CheckMate), MecGar and MTM's have worked fine.

Try the Wilson combat mag's they work great in my DE 10mm never had a problem. :thumbsup:

Who makes a great FLUSH FITTING mag, preferably stainless, for 1911's?

Who makes a great FLUSH FITTING mag, preferably stainless, for 1911's?

Back when I had a DW the Metalform mags I had worked best, CDNN 10mm 1911 mags

The Chip McCormick mag didn't work very well in mine either.

I'll check them out. Does anyone still make 10 rounders or is 9 the max for flush fitting 10mm mags?

Even if not flush fitting, how do the 9 and 10 rounders function?

Edited by hoser

9 round is all you are going to get flush.

At least in that kind of a 1911. Mine holds 15 rounds in a flush fit magazine, and the ones with a pinky lip hold 17. Love my Para!

I haven't found a 10mm mag yet that doesn't work in both my 1911 10mm (Dan Wesson and Fusion Firearms) I have a few Checkmates, Metalforms, and whatever Fusion is selling.