n0val

New guy here...

Hello guys, I'm new to the forums and to the AR. My girlfriend knew I've been wanting one for awhile now and got me one for Christmas, now I have some questions. I have owned hand guns in the past and thought that I could just go to the range after I got it...after a few calls, I see that nobody lets AR's on their

indoor range. Questions are, is there any public indoor ranges that allow AR's and are the outdoor ranges anti AR as well? I was wanting to pick up a can of ammo and a scope this weekend but now I'm concerned about not getting to shoot as much. Any info you guys can provide would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Hello guys, I'm new to the forums and to the AR. My girlfriend knew I've been wanting one for awhile now and got me one for Christmas, now I have some questions. I have owned hand guns in the past and thought that I could just go to the range after I got it...after a few calls, I see that nobody lets AR's on their

indoor range. Questions are, is there any public indoor ranges that allow AR's and are the outdoor ranges anti AR as well? I was wanting to pick up a can of ammo and a scope this weekend but now I'm concerned about not getting to shoot as much. Any info you guys can provide would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Armory :thumb: We have several guys here from Wisconsin so when I see them I'll send them your way. :thumb:

I think The Shooter Shop lets you run Frangible ammo in theres but I am not sure!!

What did you get for an AR?

Will be sending anouther guy over who MITE be able to give more advise!! I am North of you and shoot at ranges that nobody is at so I dont have to worry about what I shoot or where

Welcome Aboard! I like to shoot outside all winter, usually get the range all to my self. :wink: Good Luck with your AR.

Will be sending anouther guy over who MITE be able to give more advise!! I am North of you and shoot at ranges that nobody is at so I dont have to worry about what I shoot or where

now Bob, why would we want to give the new guy Mites?

:welcome: to the Armory :) Sounds like You have a great Girlfriend...picking You up a AR for a Christmas present.... :thumb: She might be a "Keeper"... :wink:

What kind of AR did You get.... :unsure:

Dang Satch, that's a helluva nice range! That looks even nicer than mine!

Thanks guys, she got me the S&W sport 15, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles but its a start. Shooter shop said it was $20 bucks for range and $45 for 50 rounds of their ammo, I was looking at getting 300 rounds of 5.56 for $90 elsewhere. Her parents live in Racine so Kenosha wouldn't be that far off.

Thanks guys, she got me the S&W sport 15, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles but its a start. Shooter shop said it was $20 bucks for range and $45 for 50 rounds of their ammo, I was looking at getting 300 rounds of 5.56 for $90 elsewhere. Her parents live in Racine so Kenosha wouldn't be that far off.

Holy rape!

Holy rape!

Indeed , with no lube! You can find it much cheaper then that.

Indeed , with no lube! You can find it much cheaper then that.

gander mountain in kenosha has the american eagle 20 packs for 6.50. when gander mountain is cheaper than you, you are a crook

That was for their "special indoor range approved" stuff. I want to play with my new toy pretty bad but with prices like that, I will have to wait for spring.