buildagun

80% California legal AR-15 NO Serial # and NO FFL Registraton

I watched a channel 10 ABC news clip online and in california. If you mill out the rest of the lower receiver yourself the FFL conciders selfmade and you dont need serial numbers or ever have to register it.

Welcome! I have completed an 80% lower using a drill press. Calguns.net has a ton of information on completing one. Also check out Tacticalmaching.com

for some more information.

I watched a channel 10 ABC news clip online and in California. If you mill out the rest of the lower receiver yourself the BATFE and DOJ conciders selfmade and you don't need serial numbers or ever have to register it.

Yes that is true. That is one of the ways alot of people do AR pistols in the USSK.

P.S. You don't register long guns or shotguns in the USSK until 2014 anyway.

If you buy any guns after JAN 1 2014 you are.

80% lower would be the only way around that.

I have an 80% lower on order. Don't know how I will set this one up.............yet.

Guys, we are in California and sell 80% Jigs and 80% lowers. If you have any questions relating to 80% fire away or PM me. We can answer whatever questions you have.

The big thing now is AR-Pistols and the only way to do that is either pay a huge price for a single shot exemption dealer purchased lower or full weapon or make your own 80%.

fuzz that, I'm not registering shat.

Registration = Confiscation

Have no doubt.

You guys in California have some decisions to make.

I don't have any decisions to make. I've already made it when it comes to registration.

I didn't know that you have to SSE a pistol ar lower. I thought you just had to register it as a pistol and not a rifle...

It doesn't even look like the 80% will help.

http://smartgunlaws.org/2014-california-firearms-legislation-new-bills-since-isla-vista/

SB 808 (De Leon): Registration of Home-Assembled Firearms – This bill would require all home-assembled firearms to be registered with the California Department of Justice. This registration requirement would cover firearms produced using three-dimensional printers as well as firearms assembled by individuals using “80% assembled lower receivers.”

Edited by MyCleverSN

I don't have any decisions to make. I've already made it when it comes to registration.

I didn't know that you have to SSE a pistol ar lower. I thought you just had to register it as a pistol and not a rifle...

http://smartgunlaws.org/2014-california-firearms-legislation-new-bills-since-isla-vista/

SB 808 (De Leon): Registration of Home-Assembled Firearms – This bill would require all home-assembled firearms to be registered with the California Department of Justice. This registration requirement would cover firearms produced using three-dimensional printers as well as firearms assembled by individuals using “80% assembled lower receivers.”

It does help and the SB808 doesn't change anything until 2016 IF it goes all the way through. The reason for an 80% for an AR pistol is because they need to be made as SSE guns while they are assembled. That means you either pay a huge premium from a dealer or you do it yourself. You need a block in the magwell during assembly to have it be single shot and then you can make an AR. Many people don't do that blocking the mag well thing because no one is around to make sure you did. I am not recommending that but thats what most people do.

Sounds like somebody needs to make a 75% lower. :segrin: