For the most part it's both eyes open. Every once in a while I'll find myself reverting back to the one eyed method...especially it I'm trying to make very small groups.

I am trying to learn to shoot both eyes open. If I am shooting leftie no problem but right I just can not get the grasp

If your red dot has a front cover.....close it and try using it like an old occluded eye gunsight. You'll have no choice but to shoot with both eyes open. Works really well.

I shoot my guns with red dots with both eyes open. Why do I shoot with both eyes open? Better depth perception, increased peripheral vision and wider field of view, which are particularly helpful with moving targets and situational awareness. I have read where trying to walk with one eye closed can be disorienting as well, but I've never really tried it.

When zeroing my gun, after I'm happy with the zero, I'll occasionally turn down the power on the red dot to as light as I can and still see and try to shoot a tight group to confirm the zero. It usually helps me focus better if I close my left eye.

Never tried shooting with both eyes open on the 4-16x scope on my Remington 700 though.

shoot all variations both eyes open, closing one just feels weird to Me

both eyes wide, more awareness and if you snap shoot you move your eyes to the next target and the gun follows right on sight which is very efficient and helps drive the gun better. do you run your RD/HOLO as far forward as you can? or closer to your eyes like a scope?

I keep both eyes open even on a scoped sniper rifle. Helps with time on target, and range estimation.

I shoot my red dot's with both eyes open. But when I'am hunting I use one eye for more precise accuracy.

Both eyes open. When my father was teaching me to shoot scope rifles (1903A3) when I was a kid, he insisted I learn to shoot with both eyes open. Quite different from today's red dot sights, I learned this skill on a 3x9x40 where the dominant eye saw the magnified view and the off eye looked down the side of the scope tube. I has come in handy when hunting with magnum rifles where if is impossible to stay with the target through the scope.

RDS are designed to be used with both eyes open.

That's what I thought, as well.

When I was in the military, I found that I could acquire targets faster on the qualification range if I had both eyes open. So I forced myself to learn to shoot with both eyes open. My qualification scores improved accordingly.

That said, I still close one eye when using a magnified scope. Having the "unmagnified" eye open just feels weird to me. I may open both eyes to scan for targets, but as soon as I "lock on", the other eye closes.

If you are having a problem with shooting with both eyes open when you practice put some of that frosted scotch tape over the lens of you non shooting eye on your safety glasses when you practice. Pretty soon it won't be a problem.

I shoot my red dot's with both eyes open. But when I'am hunting I use one eye for more precise accuracy.

+1

I learned (on my own) with one eye. I took a few handgun courses and learned to keep both eyes open. Every time I shoot I must force myself to use both eyes. Either I'm not shooting enough for proper muscle memory or I'm just too old!

I learned (on my own) with one eye. I took a few handgun courses and learned to keep both eyes open. Every time I shoot I must force myself to use both eyes. Either I'm not shooting enough for proper muscle memory or I'm just too old!

LOL I do the same, sometimes both eyes, some times or only one eye, totally depends on the sun.

Welcome to the Armory.