GLShooter

243 LBC PREPING FOR THE LOOOOOONG RANGE

A group shot last weekend out of a 24" match grade Savage/Black Hole barrel at 100 yards. Bullet was a Berger 95 VLD at 2993.

625CF194-D90B-4655-9143-210DE91AE7C8_zps

Group for the five shots was an even 0.200. I just got in a 26" and after I wring out the 260 Remington guess which one gets my attention!! I need to find another action so I can shoot them in tandem.

Greg

Greg A group shot last weekend out of a 24" match grade Savage/Black Hole barrel at 100 yards. Bullet was a Berger 95 VLD at 2993.

625CF194-D90B-4655-9143-210DE91AE7C8_zps

Group for the five shots was an even 0.200. I just got in a 26" and after I wring out the 260 Remington guess which one gets my attention!! I need to find another action so I can shoot them in tandem.

Nice work on that one, Did BHW get the tooling to be able to do longer barrels?

Nice work on that one, Did BHW get the tooling to be able to do longer barrels?

Not yet.

Greg

More yet:

This is a target shot with a different 243 LBC BHW/SAVAGE barrel using the same 95 grain Berger VLD. This barrel was a 26" version. Maybe that's why it opened up so much. Five shots this time also.

cd8c571d-df6f-49bb-a253-5c7548c85693_zps

0.525-0.243= 0.282. One of my favorite performers day in day out in an AR or a bolt gun.

Greg

I found my verification target when I was sighting the rifle in for the match I won earlier in the week at the Senior Olympics in a 500 yard F-Class match.. This was at 100 yards.

243%20LBC%20SAVAGE%2095%20SMKTEST_zpsozo

The first four went into 0.407.

Greg

Oh how I wish I could shoot like that

You can Caleb. Just practice and trigger time. That actually was a poor group with this gun. A real shooter would have had them way under 0.4. The secret is just time and effort. Bench shooting is acquired. I read a couple books on it years ago and started learning. The rest started with a 50 foot indoor range in the basement my Dad built me when I was seven.

Greg

I haven't said much about this one lately but I put a better trigger in it a few months ago and I needed to sight it in for a 500 yard match last weekend. I had had the scope off and the rifle out of the stock so I knew it might be a crap shoot. I wanted to conserve the ammo so fired one round at 25 to get on paper. It was about 1" low so I was close with a bit right impact. I moved the target out to 100 yards and they were both a bit low. Dialed in 1/2 MOA up and put three down range. Up and down was good to go but I added 1/4 left and called it good. When I got to the match my dope said 8.75 MOA come ups at 500. I dialed in 9 MOA and let one fly. It was 1" above the X ring. Down one increment and the next was an X. The match went well with a final score ten off the Masters score I want for the year. It's there I just have to read it!! .I did lose two points when I had a road runner run out on the range just as I started shot #40 down range. To much situational awareness I guess. The road runner did not hang around for shot #2. BTW.

[url=http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/GLShooter1/media/DEAD%20PAPER/243%20LBC%209-16-16%20NEW_zps4xugyekc. 243%20LBC%209-16-16%20NEW_zps4xugyekc.jp

Even with this group I still hit the dirt.

Greg

Nice shooting.

You bring up the road runner.....when I was developing loads last year I had my target fairly low one day and the doves were eating about ten feet in front of it. Their heads were about bulls eye level when walking and I would wait for them to move enough to shoot. I sent about ten rounds right over their backs and they never spooked.