talonhead

Just ordered a BHW .556 barrel

Starting a new 'match' build -22" semi-bull, 1:7, target crown, Cerokoted, no gas port we'll see how this stacks up.

Using a Mega billet upper, YHM side-charger carrier, also will go with a drop in trigger system upgrade.

If I can find a DPMS lefty conversion Bolt, I will have an eject port machined on the left side. If it works out nicely, then I will send in the upper for coating to match and have the BCG Microslicked. Stock will be the PRS unit that I already have.

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Since the barrel is sans gas-port, what gas length is the shoulder configured for - MLGS or RLGS? Any particular reason you declined having the gas-port drilled by the folks at BHW?

Looking forward to your results!

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Since the barrel is sans gas-port, what gas length is the shoulder configured for - MLGS or RLGS? Any particular reason you declined having the gas-port drilled by the folks at BHW?

Looking forward to your results!

This barrel is going into a manual bolt op build. The upper will be 'permanently' attached to a lower. Most likely the buffer and spring will not be installed. Finished configuration will be Left Eject, right hand reciprocating op handle. Basically a Bolt Action AR. .....Because I can;) Edited by talonhead

Freaking blizzard, delayed my BHW Barrel! No update from UPS yet. More snow on the way. I might enjoy this more if I could stop shoveling and actually get to play!

Freaking blizzard, delayed my BHW Barrel! No update from UPS yet. More snow on the way. I might enjoy this more if I could stop shoveling and actually get to play!

I know of a nice 3,000 SF home for sale in Arizona where it snows...........................never.

Greg

I know of a nice 3,000 SF home for sale in Arizona where it snows...........................never.

Greg

Have been thinking of moving out that way myself. But, not because of the weather.

It's pretty decent once you get fitted for your Nomex driving gloves.

Greg

Also helps to have asbestos shoe soles for the walk to the car. As a side note, I'd gotten used to seeing remote starters for cars during winter conditions. A few weeks in Phoenix and Mesa showed that they had their uses for that summer blast furnace weather, as well.

"But it's a DRY heat!" :tap:

Also helps to have asbestos shoe soles for the walk to the car. As a side note, I'd gotten used to seeing remote starters for cars during winter conditions. A few weeks in Phoenix and Mesa showed that they had their uses for that summer blast furnace weather, as well.

"But it's a DRY heat!" :tap:

Definition of DRY HEAT to a Phoenician is 110 degrees and ONLY 85% humidity !! :cool:

Greg

If Greg moved up to the NW, he'd be closer to the folks at BHW...

Just say'n.

If Greg moved up to the NW, he'd be closer to the folks at BHW...

Just say'n.

Yep and trade my sun screen for a raincoat and my push broom for a snow shovel.............. :cool:

Greg

Yep and trade my sun screen for a raincoat and my push broom for a snow shovel.............. :cool:

Greg

I guess these a trade off for everything. :laugh:

Got my barrel today. They put a wrong digit in the street address. Burnt Bronze looks sweet!

Now I have to figure out color scheme for the rest of the build:)