[[Template core/global/global/lkeyWarning does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Atamis

Compensators.

Good day folks. I'm looking at getting a Kimber, or Tanfoglio, or change my mind for the umpteenth time for something else (Like that sig if its priced right).

Either way i plan to get it threaded for a compensator, and frankly I'm not sure about any of the details and hoped you could help. I've never owned a semi automatic (Have a kick for revolvers, sorry :tongue: ) so I'm not certain what all would be involved with that.

I know I'll need to order a longer barrel, possibly a longer slide (Which isn't an issue, i would like to have a 6-7" anyway) and the guide rod. Of course the compensator also, these seem to vary wildly instyle between being essentially a flash suppressors, and actually looking like a barrel extension. Once i choose which gun to get, does it greatly matter what compensator i choose as long as its the correct caliber?

Secondly, would my normal gunsmith be able to thread them like they would a suppressor? or would i be better sending it into a custom shop?

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:welcome:

You should look at the Kimber Custom Shop. They would likely be able to put together exactly what you want.

I'm not a 10mm guy.......yet, but I am sure the guys will be around soon to give their opinions.

• [[Template core/front/sharelinks/google does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • [[Template core/front/sharelinks/stumble does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I might, may I suggest, you buy a built comp gun from a comp gun maker of note. Example,  I bought my fist hinged trigger double chamber 1911 45 ACP comp gun from Bob Cogan of Accurate Plating. His guns are used by many champion shooters and his hard chrome work is gorgeous, not cheap. I also own several Rem 700s actions that he has hard chrome plated for me. I do the action accuracy work and send them to Bob. The hard chrome makes the slickest 700 action you have ever felt.

Ever see a Hi Power comp gun? Bob builds them.

https://apwcogan.com/about/

Edited by Recondo 101