Sign in to follow this  
gshayd

Liberty Arms 10mm Ammo

This is what I run because they are only 5 cents a piece for me to cast and load...156 Gr Cast HP

What would I need to get in order to be able to cast that same bullet? Very nice, BTW.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This mold the Lyman 10mm Devastator is obsolete, it was a rare find. There are hollow point molds that are being made by;

NOE Molds http://www.noebulletmoulds.com/NV/

HollowPoint molds by Erik http://www.hollowpointmold.com/

MP Molds https://www.mp-molds.com/

"The average body is 8 inches thick" is a not the proper way to look at this,

as angles and what is needed to reach vital organs and blood vessels is not considered,

not to mention performance with barriers.

The ammo simply does not penetrate deep enough and stay together long enough for my tastes.

Not my cup of tea.

YMMV. Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.

looking at the Gel I would say it went right into where the organs are located and hydrostatic shock would probably would do a number on the organs.

Edited by gshayd

looking at the Gel I would say it went right into where the organs are located and hydrostatic shock would probably would do a number on the organs.

Ammo choice is a very personal decision, and I respect your opinion.

We just are not going to agree on this one.

Why take such an excellent defensive round like the 10mm and then handicap with an ultralight shallow penetrating bullet ?

That gel block superimposed over a chest cavity assumes all of your shots are going to be straight on to the chest.

Bad guys are shot from all different kinds of angles, and the distance to reaching something vital can vary tremendously,

which is why penetration is a critical factor in any defensive ammo.

If it is recoil you are concerned with, you could double the weight of that 60 grain bullet and still have a light-for caliber- bullet with reduced recoil that would still give you the mass to have a base that would hold together to penetrate a reasonable distance no matter what the circumstance.

Hyper velocity ultralight frangible bullets have historically not fared well in the real world, and you won't find them in my sidearms.

I did not see them doing any tests with clothing or barriers. Maybe I missed it.

Brother, if you use that round and have confidence in it, the more power to you.

You being happy with it is the only thing that matters .

There is really nothing to argue about, because as I always say, we shoot what we like.

As a friend, if you are carrying this as you EDC load, I would ask you to reconsider,

because, well, you are my Armory brother, and I sincerely believe there are much better ammo choices out there for you in 10mm.

With respect,

John