redbarron06

Laying the smack down in middle TN this morning, video added

This little fella came in to my decoy from upwind. It is still muzzle loader season so the 200 grain Speer Gold Dot at about 60 yards to the neck dropped him like a bad habit.

0A4CD881-B011-4D26-AE3B-95B7FDEB90C8_zps

It may be a coincidence but last year on the Monday after drill during muzzle loader season I also took a big buck. Might be something going on here.

Anyway in honor of France I'm gonna do a European skull mount on this fella. He isn't a booner but nothing to be ashamed of either.

Sweet! :thumb:

That boy has some serious long tines, and he's reasonably symmetrical.

Sweet! :thumb:

That boy has some serious long tines, and he's reasonably symmetrical.

I'll do a rough score on him when I get home.

Im thinking about one of these.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/iron-buck-antler-mount-kit?a=1770716

I tell you what guys, if you are hunting bucks I am sold on a decent decoy. This is 3 of the last 4 deer I have shot and I don't think I would have gotten any of them without the decoy. Set it up, spray it down with scent killer, and then a little estrous scent and a fair amount of non estrous sent on the ground around them. It won't work every time but I have seen bucks come in and all the attention was on the decoy. He never noticed the blind and if he did, he didn't care. Never saw the barrel stick out of the screen and never saw the bullet coming.

Tis the rut season!!!

I did see a buck in a field right down from my house this morning on the way to WORK!!! :tap:

I tell you what guys, if you are hunting bucks I am sold on a decent decoy. This is 3 of the last 4 deer I have shot and I don't think I would have gotten any of them without the decoy. Set it up, spray it down with scent killer, and then a little estrous scent and a fair amount of non estrous sent on the ground around them. It won't work every time but I have seen bucks come in and all the attention was on the decoy. He never noticed the blind and if he did, he didn't care. Never saw the barrel stick out of the screen and never saw the bullet coming.

It almost sounds unfair when you put it that way. Poor little guy probably died with blue balls.

When do we get to see more pics?

It looks like there's some palmation on the third tine on his left side, but the angle of the picture doesn't show it very well.