Sign in to follow this  
CocknRock

80% Lower Legal in CA?

Although I probably don't have the skill necessary to turn an 80% lower into a working lower receiver, nor would I likely invest the $500.00 dollars, give or take, for the quality tools required plus the 80% lower, I am curious. Is an 80% lower receiver manufactured by a private party into a functioning lower receiver legal in CA?

Thanks,

VR

Yes, so long as you do 100% of the work yourself. Look into modulus arms heavy duty jig... I just helped a friend build one with their new jig and it went perfectly

Edited by MyCleverSN

yes they are for the time being there is a bill currently that is trying to make them illegal even if they are manufactured by the person owning them.

yes they are for the time being there is a bill currently that is trying to make them illegal even if they are manufactured by the person owning them.

Ugh....

More happy news! Guess I better buy a couple more.

SUCK IT CA!

• Like 1

As of NOW they are legal but you can't transfer them to anyone. Owning one is legal according by State law, not sure of local laws.

Pay attention to politics, they are chipping away at ownership of all guns, bit by bit. I bought my first gun in San Francisco and now there are no gun stores left.

Hillary is in the news praising gun bans. Buy now, build later.

Yes, legal... we're losing left and right though.. just the last week we saw bills proposed and passed that are aimed at banning even bullet button guns...