Sign in to follow this  
CocknRock

M-Lok Works, Finally

I am updating one of my AR15's with new Magpul furniture and among a variety of frustrations, like removing and installing roll pins and trying to find itsy bitsy springs that go ballistic and end up in a parallel universe, I have just finished my close encounter with their M-Lok rail. Good grief, I like Magpul stuff but none of it has been, 'easy' for me to install. The first sentence in their online M-Lok instructions:

"The M-LOK direct attachment system is extremely intuitive and easy to use."

I have to admit they have a sense of humor. Maybe it's easy for their rocket scientist type customers. Anyway, I finally figured it out with the help of their detailed pictorial installation instructions for dummies.

Edited by CocknRock

Your next one should go faster on the rail install.

I just ordered a new Zhukov handguard for my AK. I was pleased to see it has M-Lok. I too looked at the instructions and am a bit bewildered. I hope I don't end up fighting teh stoopid.

Edited by Flesh Wound

The Keymod was said to be the same way. The first time you do The Keymod it was a tad frustrating but once you learn you are good to go. The Keymod nut has two flats on either side. What I had to do is shake the Keymod till the two flats aligned with the holes they slide into and push them forward. The first few attempts I was arrrrrgggggggg! On the Mlock make sure that it engages at the 90 degrees before you tighten it down.

Edited by gshayd

The Keymod was said to be the same way. The first time you do The Keymod it was a tad frustrating but once you learn you are good to go. The Keymod nut has two flats on either side. What I had to do is shake the Keymod till the two flats aligned with the holes they slide into and push them forward. The first few attempts I was arrrrrgggggggg! On the Mlock make sure that it engages at the 90 degrees before you tighten it down.

Thanks for the tip. I ended up going with Mlok on my first build and am just waiting for it to get here.