Robb1970

AR15 10 round magazine pouch

I've been looking for 10 round magazines for my AR-15, and have come up empty handed. Frag pouch? Eh. Does anyone know where I could find something hopefully that holds more than one mag with a molle attachment? So far I've been stowing my mags in a 6x6 padded 5.11 pouch...it works, holds around 9 mags, but it's a grab bag once it gets down to a few left.

SUCKS to be limited to 10 round mags! ARGH (and I will continue this rant down the line)

I am not clear on this in California. My AR-15 came with a 10 round mag. The gun store did not sell 30 round mag. Somehow, I understood he could not sell it but it was legal for me to own one anyway. What is the story? Can I buy 30 round mags using mail order in California?

I am not clear on this in California. My AR-15 came with a 10 round mag. The gun store did not sell 30 round mag. Somehow, I understood he could not sell it but it was legal for me to own one anyway. What is the story? Can I buy 30 round mags using mail order in California?

No. They were grandfathered in when the law was passed. I understand lots of people repair theirs to keep them going. They can't sell new ones to you. It's also against the law to bring them into the state.

No. They were grandfathered in when the law was passed. I understand lots of people repair theirs to keep them going. They can't sell new ones to you. It's also against the law to bring them into the state.

F----! I have a personal source in another state. Thank you very much for the information Joel74.

if I'm reading it right... could go with 10/30 mags that way they fit more standard pouches designed for standard mags.