Sign in to follow this  
adair_usmc

New toy hauler

So we decided to see if the new ski doo would fit in the family wood truck, a 1993 s-10 that just wont die, and it turns out it fits just fine. I might have to start using this when I want to take only one sled with me.

Not sure how I feel about the cargo in the bed having 10 times the blue book value and 50 more horsepower than the pickup carrying it though.

I have to do something while its not snowing, there is only a pathetic 8 at our warming shelter at 6500ft right now :(

oC6WqmK.jpg

You'll be getting another foot or two this week I think. The passes are lower than your warming shelter, and they're getting 3'+.

On the up side, you can always use the sled to get the "hauler" out of a situation if need be.

You'll be getting another foot or two this week I think. The passes are lower than your warming shelter, and they're getting 3'+.

We usually get a lot less than the cascades just because of rain shadow effects and such, but Anthony lakes outside of baker city got 9 last night, so it is a start. Snowing pretty decently in la Grande this morning too, so I hope it keeps up. I have some family riding st Mt Bachelor this morning, looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Use whatever works for you.

I may take this once for a local quick trip, but the heated seats in my ram are just too nice to leave at home. I mostly wanted to see if it would fit, the mileage on that little pickup if I am making a long trip will be much better than my diesel, and that sled will not fit into the short box on the big truck (I tried).

I do like rolling into the sno parks when its buried in snow in something like this though, to show off to all the guys who say you need a f350 or better to haul sleds. I used to get strange looks when I would pull up in my old Ford Escape pulling a 4 place snowmobile trailer, without a problem. I am still surprised how well that thing did when I had it, and how I never really had an issue getting stuck.