wish2no

Super Scary Sh*t happening in Oregon

I coulda called them Communist A-Holes, but I like this site and don't want to get kicked off.

If anyone feels like helping out a bit - they can drop a line to the IRS about one of the chief petitioners - namely WJ "Mark" Knutson of the Augustana Lutheran Church. Mr. Knutson is using the church as basecamp for this political action, and lists his contact phone number on the initiative petition as that of the church. This is no bueno for a non-profit organization like a church.

https://augustana.org/

http://egov.sos.state.or.us/elec/web_irr_search.record_detail?p_reference=20180042..LSCYYY

You can fill out this file using information from the above sources - those being the church's website (contact info at the very bottom) and the Secretary of State's record for the filing of this petition --> https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf --which is an editable PDF and email it to eoclass@irs.gov to make a formal complaint about this pastor and his church engaging in prohibited political activity. If he wants to use his position, and his church as a political weapon - he can take the hit and loose the protected non profit tax status.

This guy held a press conference at his church, in the sanctuary, and is using it as the staging ground for the push to gather signatures to get this on the ballot.

Actions have consequences, and he's clearly in violation of IRS rules governing non profits.

GREAT INformation and idea. A bunch of us need to file this.

If anyone feels like helping out a bit - they can drop a line to the IRS about one of the chief petitioners - namely WJ "Mark" Knutson of the Augustana Lutheran Church. Mr. Knutson is using the church as basecamp for this political action, and lists his contact phone number on the initiative petition as that of the church. This is no bueno for a non-profit organization like a church.

https://augustana.org/

http://egov.sos.state.or.us/elec/web_irr_search.record_detail?p_reference=20180042..LSCYYY

You can fill out this file using information from the above sources - those being the church's website (contact info at the very bottom) and the Secretary of State's record for the filing of this petition --> https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f13909.pdf --which is an editable PDF and email it to eoclass@irs.gov to make a formal complaint about this pastor and his church engaging in prohibited political activity. If he wants to use his position, and his church as a political weapon - he can take the hit and loose the protected non profit tax status.

This guy held a press conference at his church, in the sanctuary, and is using it as the staging ground for the push to gather signatures to get this on the ballot.

Actions have consequences, and he's clearly in violation of IRS rules governing non profits.

I filled out the form and submitted it. Perhaps if they get a few hundred complaints they will look into it.

So according to Kevin at the Oregon Firearms Federatoon, fighting this just got a lot simpler.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/gun-ban-ballot-measure-update

Basically, though they submitted their initial signatures, they will not be allowed to gather the rest of the signatures until legal challenges to the ballot measure are dealt with. So now, the plan is to tie this process up in court so they cant get the 88k signatures needed to qualify for the ballot.

And then this gets posted as an update this evening -

tA5KTLb.jpg

I donated $100 and will do another $500 on payday. The fight is just beginning, but OFF doesnt screw around.

So according to Kevin at the Oregon Firearms Federatoon, fighting this just got a lot simpler.

Basically, though they submitted their initial signatures, they will not be allowed to gather the rest of the signatures until legal challenges to the ballot measure are dealt with. So now, the plan is to tie this process up in court so they cant get the 88k signatures needed to qualify for the ballot.

I hope that they are able to tie it up in court so that it does not make to the ballot.

I hope that they are able to tie it up in court so that it does not make to the ballot.

Thats the plan, or at least draw the process out long enough that they they wont have time to collect the signatures to get it on the ballot. They cant begin that process until the legal challenges are settled as I understand it.

Thats the plan, or at least draw the process out long enough that they they wont have time to collect the signatures to get it on the ballot. They cant begin that process until the legal challenges are settled as I understand it.

I've heard that the governor is pushing to get the case heard as quickly as possible. I am not sure that it will work out like she wants. The only thing Oregon courts love more than a liberal cause, is balking when told what to do by another branch of government.

• Like 1

And then this gets posted as an update this evening -

tA5KTLb.jpg

I donated $100 and will do another $500 on payday. The fight is just beginning, but OFF doesnt screw around.

And it's interesting to note, that Facebook group went from 65k members on Saturday (after being started on Thursday), to over 90k members on Sunday. I think it's probably over 100k by now, and climbing quickly. Even if 25% of the members are liberal plants or from out of the area, that kind of grass-roots response is very encouraging.

• Like 1

I've heard that the governor is pushing to get the case heard as quickly as possible. I am not sure that it will work out like she wants. The only thing Oregon courts love more than a liberal cause, is balking when told what to do by another branch of government.

I do know that she and knute have both refused to comment on the proposed ballot measure, as far as I am aware. Playing it safe, but I certainly wont be voting for knute in the primaries.

• Like 1

I'll send something to OFF come payday. This is an important fight.

And it's interesting to note, that Facebook group went from 65k members on Saturday (after being started on Thursday), to over 90k members on Sunday. I think it's probably over 100k by now, and climbing quickly. Even if 25% of the members are liberal plants or from out of the area, that kind of grass-roots response is very encouraging.

I sent my last $100.00 in to them. Have car insurance due this payday so will be broke all month, but I will be sending whatever I can whenever I get it these next few months. Also getting the word out as much as possible.

6b832a7f-47f5-4cd3-807b-36602eeab7b6.jpg

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

S.gif

Gun Ban Ballot Measure Update

38f97ac0-f8a8-436b-9275-a3a449dcecaf.jpg
As you probably know, signatures were turned in today to start the process to put a measure on the ballot to ban modern firearms and magazines and make felons out of thousands of law abiding Oregonians.
First, understand that this is not a "bill" and will not be voted on or determined by the governor or legislators.

This will be decided by a vote of the people. That is why it is critical that you be registered to vote.
The measure, which you can see here, even bans things that don't exist like "threaded barrels that accept forward pistol grips."
We want to let you know what to expect and how you can help stop this madness.
After these initial signatures are turned in, the Secretary of State must validate the signatures to determine if there are sufficient qualifying signatures to get a "draft" ballot title.
Then the Attorney General has to create an "impartial" draft ballot title.
After that happens the public will have an opportunity to make comments on the draft ballot title.
For example, if the draft ballot title is "Bans Assault Weapons" a member of the public could object because "assault weapon" is a fictitious term.
The Attorney General must then consider these comments and issue a "certified" ballot title.
Given how far left our Attorney General is, you can rest assured it will be misleading at best.
At that point, anyone who submitted comments has standing to challenge the ballot title before Oregon's Supreme Court.
The signature gathering process to actually get the confiscation measure on the ballot cannot begin until this process has run its course.
As this measure moves we will provide you with details of dates and procedures to comment, and if you choose, challenge the title in court.
If you want to see all the details of the process, please download this manual.
Stay tuned. There is a lot of work to do to prevent wholesale confiscations by the state.
If you wish to donate to help stop this measure you can do so here.

Yes, the lunacy here is maddening. I fear if we don't nip it now, we're doomed.

I am hearing some rumblings from the Democrats on this. Apparently they didn't figure on the widespread visceral reaction to this ballot initiative. I have friends of friends within the Multnomah Co. Democrats that are hearing that they want to kill this ballot initiative even before it makes it on the ballot. They got wayyy more pushback, and they're afraid now that if it hits the ballot, it will drive Republicans to the polls in record numbers, and they'll lose the governor's seat, and their lead in the state legislature. Word is, they're worried in known liberal strongholds like Multnomah County, and Lane County. Scuttlebutt is that they won't be funding people to gather signatures, nor assisting with legal representation or funds to fight any legal challenges to getting it on the ballot.

I am hearing some rumblings from the Democrats on this. Apparently they didn't figure on the widespread visceral reaction to this ballot initiative. I have friends of friends within the Multnomah Co. Democrats that are hearing that they want to kill this ballot initiative even before it makes it on the ballot. They got wayyy more pushback, and they're afraid now that if it hits the ballot, it will drive Republicans to the polls in record numbers, and they'll lose the governor's seat, and their lead in the state legislature. Word is, they're worried in known liberal strongholds like Multnomah County, and Lane County. Scuttlebutt is that they won't be funding people to gather signatures, nor assisting with legal representation or funds to fight any legal challenges to getting it on the ballot.

That news almost makes me wanna see it on the ballot.