gshayd

Ruger RPR.22 ready

Just shot mine to get it on paper with the scope I plunked on it. Used CCI Standard Velocity, and didn't even try to do any refined tuning, as it was just @ 40yds, but I was itching to pull the trigger. Put a 1" dot on a paper plate and hung it in the trap. Shot off my deck railing w/o any bag rest or even a place to sit, just stooped over with my fingers between the rail and the railing. Five rounds to get in the black, and the next four followed the fifth (only had 9 in the mag for some reason :dontknow: ).

Needless to say, I'm already impressed. The shot cycle is smooth, the trigger is excellent, and with sub velocity ammo and no noise at the ejection port it's surprisingly quiet. I could shoot all day w/o hearing protection and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

I can't wait to take it out to my 100yd range to see what it can do. It's been drizzling half the day (not complaining because it's been dry as dust here), the temp is around 80° with 75% humidity, so it's unpleasantly warm and sticky out there right now. If I don't get out tomorrow morning it'll be a few days before I have another chance.

• Like 1

Great news on the performance!

I had mine out this weekend, and finally got it dialed in. I was quite impressed after getting it dialed in. CCI standard velocity worked well, but mine really likes the wolf match target.

My last 100yd group, zero wind and about 80 degrees.

itltdtG.jpg

My son checking out the scope

BA29UGe.jpg

Bonus pic of him shooting his savage rascal

xfFcUV8.jpg

• Like 2

I had mine out this weekend, and finally got it dialed in. I was quite impressed after getting it dialed in. CCI standard velocity worked well, but mine really likes the wolf match target.

My last 100yd group, zero wind and about 80 degrees.

itltdtG.jpg

My son checking out the scope

BA29UGe.jpg

Bonus pic of him shooting his savage rascal

xfFcUV8.jpg

Wow! Very nice!

Shifted gears with mine a bit. The scope I put on it first wouldn't focus close enough for a lot of .22LR work, so I took it off and mounted a spare Athlon Talos BTR 4-14x44 FFP that I had sitting here. I haven't hit the 100yd range with it yet because it's been pretty breezy and threatening rain all day, but I did get it sighted in @ 50yds, so if Mr Feral Cat or Mr Coon show up it's ready.

With any luck, I'll take it out this week sometime to shoot it @ 100 & 150yds and figure out the necessary dope to dial in for those ranges. I set zero on my turrets @ 50yds, so all changes will be dialed from there.