wshoemaker757

PA vehicle gun law.

What is the rationale behind an employer repeatedly searching their employees vehicles ?

They are searching for guns but guns are a non-issue?

I don't get it.

Thanks.

They are looking for drugs, stolen plant property, stolen contractor property,and shat to make a bomb. Once you tell them hey I have a concealed carry permit all they do is look and dont touch type of thing.

If they wanted they could put my ass in a sling. The guns could be an issue as they are prohibited from being on plant property. It just wasn't enforced. And I was told would not be as long as you were licensed and legal.

But they are also denying me the right to protect myself as I drive an hour and a half to and from work. And being as there are only so many hours in the day, I have to run errands while I'm on my way home.

Also there are places where an empty piece of brass will get you fired. I chose not to push the limits in certain places.

They are looking for drugs, stolen plant property, stolen contractor property,and shat to make a bomb. Once you tell them hey I have a concealed carry permit all they do is look and dont touch type of thing.

If they wanted they could put my ass in a sling. The guns could be an issue as they are prohibited from being on plant property. It just wasn't enforced. And I was told would not be as long as you were licensed and legal.

But they are also denying me the right to protect myself as I drive an hour and a half to and from work. And being as there are only so many hours in the day, I have to run errands while I'm on my way home.

Thanks for explaining.

I appreciate it.

To this day, I tell people there was a time companies had Personnel Departments but now we all have Resource Departments and we're a resource like a lump of coal to be burned up and discarded.

I remember when the Personnel Department changed to the Human Resources Department.

I used to tell people about this as well.

Resources to be used up and thrown away. Disgraceful.

https://www.pennlago.com/pennsylvania-law-guns-vehicles-proceed-caution/

Unless the law has changed in the past 3 years, no you cant.

https://www.pennlago.com/pennsylvania-law-guns-vehicles-proceed-caution/

Unless the law has changed in the past 3 years, no you cant.

You are right. "pennsylvania laws relating to firearms" distributed by the67th legilative district states (refering to 6106.1) "The provisions of this section shall not apply to persons excepted "BY" the requirement of a liscence to carry firearms. Should have said Excepted "FROM" the requirement of a LTC. It was a misprint and was revised 3/03/17. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Glad I didnt get bit in the arse.